BeautyHacker

I just went for a consultation at my plastic surgeon's yesterday. (Actually, it's for my arm, I did a scar revision, and was doing a check-up), but I popped the question about rhinoplasty anyway :graucho:

The doctor told me he prefers to insert the implant via the upper lip. I was quite surprised really, because when I read the forums it all seems to be done with a cut at the base of the nose. Doing it via the upper lip seems rather old-school? Also here in Singapore, I think doctors use only silicon.

Has anyone ever done it via the upper lip before? Or know of anyone who had it done that way? I just think it seems so traumatic, and I don't know if I would want to do it in Spore, or go to Taiwan, which seems to have more advanced techniques....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I recognize one of the girls posted that you guys thought were the same person. If I'm not mistaken, one of those girls I read about online awhile back & was said to have the prettiest Korean nose. I will recognize her from the front profile if I see her again.

Anyways, there was some serious MSN'ing going on here! Hehe, so today I saw some fake unused lashes sitting around & I had to urge to just put one on my eye without the glue & I was like "OMG! I can actually put on lashes now"!! Before, my lids were so droopy & heavy I could never keep those on. I can't wait till my eyes are fully healed which won't be for a loooooooong time but still.... :yahoo:

hi ive been silent reader ; im still quite young so atm im just reading up on ps + rhinoplasty

reason i joined in discussion was to clarify those korean actresses names ^^ haha im a huge korean celeb fan and to me it was quite funny watching you guys get them mixed up (dw, most people do since at first glance they DO look quite alike)

the first actress keenose put up is Han Ga In (they say shes a natural ; even though her nose is so high and sharp it DOES look natural, doesnt it?)
shes the one in witch yoo hee

second actress is Kim Tae Hee, she is famous for her small face and delicate features, looking a bit western with her big eyes and pretty nose. i havent watched it but i think shes famous for dramas 'love story in harvard' and 'stairway to heaven'

theyre both quite famous so it wouldnt be hard finding pics

the girl nini1021 posted up is a young model named Min Hyo Rin (i think)
there is a lot of speculation whether or not her nose is real or fake, but if you search up pictures, at different angles it looks horrible and esp from underneath, it looks like michael jacksons nose! um..yeah, if you wanna go youtube, shes in anycall CFs with lee jun ki

the THIRD girl keenose posted up is a diff girl from 1st and 2nd..her name is Jeon Hye Bin ; that is an old picture of her. She actually quite recently got a nose job due to a filming(?) accident, and it looks different now. Shes open about it since its an obvious drastic change. The new nose in my opinion looks quite fake, doesnt really suit her face, it dips down too low. She also shaved down / refined her front teeth, dont ask me how she did that, lol.

so yes, hope that helped you guys =)

Oh hi... I have read about this type of insertion before. But it doesnt give the doctor as much control as an open rhino job. Simply because they cant see and operate more clearly as compared to an open rhino.

The advantage of this is that there will be no visible scars, but the disadvantage is you could get a slanted nose... or something due to not being able to insert the implant at the best visibility and space.

Of course Korea, Japan and Taiwan have more advanced techniques than Singapore. If you read around, you wil realise that the PS here in Singapore... are poorer in the sense of technique and maybe even in some cases professionalism compared to the overseas one.
This is because the rate of PS is higher overseas.
PLUS... SG PS very expensive ooooooo :wtf:

Congratz Kim!! lol

We'll be waiting to see pics of your sexy eyes!!! :tup:

YOU ARE OUR SAVIOR!!!!!!! LOL

Here we are.. all confused about who is who... not knowing their names.. lol

Ta daaaaaaaaa.....

Ok so they are Han Ga In and Kim Tae Hee!!!
I searched for Ga In's photos.. and her nose looks very high.. Natural ah?? :wtf:

About Kim Tae Hee, I read that she is one actress that her face actually met the requirements of the perfect face proportion! Like how big, how far each feature is etc.

I think she looks elegant, while Ga In looks more ... cute?

And here is her FRONT view... ta daaaaa.... like mystery finally revealed.... thanks to S47.:tup:

[​IMG]

LOL.. in that case........PM us.. swear that the pics will not be circulated whatsoever.

Here's another Korean actress. I know her name!!
Kim.. Jung.. Eun . Right?

[​IMG]

She has these SMILING eyes.... I initially wanted to bring her pics to the doc. But on closer look, I realise she looks pretty when smiling.. and her eyes dont look so pretty if she's not smiling.
Her Parallel crease extends all the way to her inner corner of her eyes.. which looked abit unnatural when she doesnt smile.

Dont you think?

Hi all,

So as I was browsing past the previous pages, I noticed that there was some sort of herbal medicine that could taken to reduce swelling. Could someone tell me the exact name of this medicine in English/Chinese and a reputable place to buy it in Taiwan? There were like two or three different people giving two or three different names for it, so I was kind of confused. Thanks.

ok... so I finally posted side shots. Go to the website.

I had to take the rest of my face out... I just can't be that open. You do lose a lot in the sense of how high it is just because you can't see other features... but you can still tell a lot... by the type of curve, etc.

S47,

Thanks so much for the clarification... I thought I knew what I was talking about.. but I only got the first girl right... and even then, I still didn't know her name.

Yea... I looked at Jeon Hye Bin's new nose... I agree with you. I don't like her new nose... it looks pinched too. I don't think she was meant to have small nostrils... there's only so much a surgeon can do. Either way, she's still beautiful! yea... accident that made a person get alar work... haha... that excuse is kind of weird....

Be patient & you shall see in 1 year hahahaha. :roflmfao:

Yep it was Ga In that was voted to have the prettiest Korean nose.

Masked - Your nose is very pretty! Glad to hear there is no scarring either. I got my nose cut twice so I think you can see something if you are looking from under my nose. That is why no one will be right under my nose ya hear?! :P

Kimosa,

It might take longer for you to heal... there's a good chance that you still won't scar... let's hope so! :nogood:

If you just see a faint pink line.. it just means it hasn't completely sealed up yet... if you see it getting lighter than your own skin color, you may be at a greater risk... so let's just hope it doesn't go light color.