BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

When are you going back to Korea to do the revisional surgery?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't want to influence your decision, I hope you considered some other surgeons as well. I viewed the photos from his site and the few examples shown have the eyelids set rather high particularly in the inner area. I'm mentioning this only because many people end up seeking revisionary surgery because their creases are set too high. Regardless, hope your surgery gives you the results you're seeking.

I returned from Seoul and am back home still bruised but thankful that my surgery went well. In my case, I really need to wait at least a month to know (most docs say 1-3 months) since eye muscle issues can be hard to predict. But it looks better already, which is a great relief.

I had my procedure at IOU. Like Juicy, Dr. Kang told me beforehand that there might be a slight chance I would need a 2nd surgery a few days after my surgery to correct my issue. It was the first time I'd heard that it was possible to have two procedures in such close proximity. However, it turned out that I didn't need to have an additional surgery, and he checked my status every day to make sure.

I'd like to thank all the forumers who shared their experiences on this thread. Word of mouth is so powerful and yet I really needed to see it for myself to make such an important decision (or even wait if I wasn't sure). After all, another person's results isn't a guarantee of your own results. I'm so glad I visited all of the clinics I was interested in (IOU, BIO, Teuim, Eyemagic and Dr. Ahn), which ultimately helped me to make the right decision for myself.

Hi Snowcup,

Welcome back and thanks for your post! So glad to hear that you went to IOU, another good testimony for Dr Kang. Hope your eye will heal really well.

I read before after eyelid surgery, you can do revision immediately within the next 2 weeks, as the tissues are rather soft and delicate during that time frame, or after 6 months when all tissues are more or less healed. Thankfully you didn't have to go through another round of surgery.

All the best to your surgery recovery and thanks again for sharing with us your experience. :smile:

P.S.: Is it convenient to share the cost you paid for this surgery?

Have you heard any good or bad review about Dr. Lee at Eye Magic? I sent him an email and he replied saying that he is saying that "[FONT=&quot]he made " Correction of expression of eyes" first in Korea, correction of expression of eyes is advanced blepharoplasty and famous in Korea.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]He has a lot of experience of revisional blepharoplasty".
[/FONT]

Also any review on Dr. Kwon at Teuim?

Out of Dr. Lee at EyeMagic, Dr. Kwon at Teuim, Dr. Cho at BIO, and Dr. Kang at IOU, which doctor has the most experience in double eyelid revision? Which one is more reputable?

Thanks for sharing the information!

I paid about the same as the last person who reviewed IOU. Curiously, BIO and Teuim gave me a much lower quote at more than 1 million less, which is the opposite experience from what others had recently. Eyemagic was the highest. I got the impression that Dr. Kang heard from some recent patients of the high quotes that other clinics were asking and maybe he started slightly raising his prices. But maybe the other clinics offered better quotes to me this time since they lost those patients?

Based on this thread, IOU is more expensive than most clinics. Plus, you have to factor in air fare and accommodations, which is another added cost. However, the costs are based on what you need to have done. And Dr. Kang does specialize specifically in revisionary eye surgery.

A few things that weren't mentioned in other reviews.

Most of the swelling went down pretty quickly, like in a few days. However, I did take Sinnech, bromelain, and vitamin C before and after and took other medication and shots at the clinic. I still have some slight swelling, but it's moderate. This is really different from my primary surgery.

Boy, I was really bruised! Literally my eyes resembled a panda the first day and then the bruising lightened up to a violet-pink color and remained. As it's slowly decreasing, I'm thinking it will last 3-4 weeks. Be prepared.

Fat grafting isn't necessary to lower the eyelids with the non-excision method. I ended up having it, but not everyone needs it.

You can't see the former crease line at all with the non-excision. It's kind of amazing. The bruising there is slowly dissipating and the first day post-op I could make out a faint hair-line scratch that has disappeared altogether.

There is a giant Hello Kitty on the ceiling in the operating suite. And the hallucinogen that you're given during part of the surgery makes you feel very zen. I saw beautiful colors and felt at one with the universe. :P

The dreamy state was of short duration, however, as I needed to participate for part of the surgery. I had to open and close my eyes several times so Dr. Kang could adjust the eye muscles on both eyes to match the height. I was supine for most of the surgery, but I also needed to be upright to be fully checked for the balance. When the adjustments were made, I could feel this part of surgery and there was pain. Ouch! My surgery was about 2.5 hours.

Upbeat Korean pop music was playing throughout my operation, which made me feel vaguely like a female star in a K-drama. Or maybe that was the hallucinogen at work. :giggles:

Like another forumer, I was dripping blood afterwards. I'm not particularly squeamish so it didn't bother me.

There were a lot of differences in the swelling between the left and right eye in the first week. And in different places. Fortunately, it started to even out after the first week.

Everyone at the IOU clinic is really welcoming and warm, from Dr. Kang to the nurses and reception desk. I saw them every day, and I was sad to say goodbye. The clinic's name, IOU, is apparently an abbreviation for "I lOve yoU." :hbeat:

Thank you so much for sharing I am planning to go to IOU for revision in JUne after having consultation with dr kang last month

hi, hmm..im not sure whats [FONT=&quot]"Correction of expression of eyes"
i think eyemagic does non -excisional method like dr.kang. im not so sure..
actually i've not read a single review about eyemagic but i heard its famous among the locals (2 koreans told me that)
i've seen some of their ba pics and it looks good too.

for teiumps, dr.kwon only does excisional method. if you have enough skin and fats, i guess he'd be a good choice.

you asked which doctor has most experience, i think it depends on the method. dr.kang's clinic is quite new and he does the "rare method" which is the non excisional method. dr.kwon seems older so i guess he practiced eyelid surgery longer than dr.kang..but their technique is different so it depends on the technique you want.

sometimes i wonder, why most korean doctors dont practice non excisional method? is dr.kang really skilled in what he does or is non excisional just a temporary method?

[/FONT]

yup you can consult him online. but it wont be anything detail. send him your photos.=)

• admin locked and unlocked this topic