BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no worries. Anyway I think he paid W600,000 for the round of treatments. If you do more than one round it would work out to be cheaper. He only needed one though because he has had laser before

thank you 😊

• 2 weeks later...
my experience is this two clinics. Hus-hu clinic and Teng Teng clinic.

Hus-Hu
Dermatologist is young, patient and speak good english. he figured out what caused my skin problem. its better to speak english there to get cheaper price than Chinese. also, they offer or promote different things on english and chinese website. this clinic was busy. they charging expensive. PDT vbeam cost 1m. Out of my budget and i left.

Teng Teng-
Dr Julious just asked what i do want, he didn't check my skin problem. in the whole consultation, i felt like it was a business, not visit dermatologist but he is a honest business man, he care his clients not to spend much money at first treatment which is impressed me. He was a bit impatient to answer lots questions but he done well in laser treatment. Anyways i just wanted to get laser done not wait for the next day as i wouldn't stay in Korea for long. the clinic was quiet and the price cheaper than Hus-hu. Dr not suggest strong laser for his clients like other clinics do. He cares of the side affects or skin irritation of his clients may get.

For skin clinic,

I went to Damii clinic. Good dr, good diagnosis of my skin condition so i had some laser done there and no pain. with free facial before and after was so good.
The only thing is that the website is in Korean and it is a little out of Gangnam area. Took the cab and it was 20 min drive from Apujgeong to get me there.

The manager can speak english if needed but my cousin booked this for me. After my fc surgery, i have already paid for another session of laser but i couldn't make it and they kindly refunded me with a smile ;) I didnt feel i was bothering them for that. They are quite busy and i had to wait before having an appointment.

hi lolipop32swiss
was it expensive or was the price reasonable?
can you share or pm me their website address?
tq

It was very reasonable price good service and my skin glows after treatments and no foreigners price. All same price for everyone unless it changes later ;)

Can share their kakao with you but don't know how by pm
you can add me on kakao
swiss07102010
it is not a private kakao. just for ps so i will answer if you remind me of your nickname here ;)

it is easy to find on google with their clinic's name Damii

that's nice to know
I'll search online first
if i can't find it I'll pm u
i dont hv kakao 😄

I am writing about my experience with Zell dermatology clinic.
I managed to find and visit the place from an earlier post by user Ddalgi. I now could understand why she was reluctant to post the name of the clinic.
I visited the place first in September 2014. I met Dr Park, I told him I wanted treatment for my acne scars, he just told me briefly what the treatment would be like . I then discussed the cost with the consultant (in Korean) - I could speak a little, and unfortunately no-one really could speak English other than Dr Park. There was a mandarin translator there.

I was quoted 2 million won for 3 sesssions of semi ablative laser, subcision, Agi Jusa (baby injection in Korean, it's a growth factor, the consultant said it was better than PRP), fillers. I thought the price was pretty good. I noticed the place was pretty quiet and I was the only one there, (not in a bad way), it doesn't feel like those factory outlets to me.

I returned in January 2015, I stayed in Korea for about 3 months. I must have returned to the clinic at least 15 times or more, I can't count anymore.
Other than the regular treatments, i had to return for "medical skincare", which consists of at least 45minutes of a mixture of cold electrophoresis, red light therapy, mask, comedonal extraction, and I did not have to pay anything.

I had 3 sessions of semi-ablative lasers, Dr Park would use a strong setting for the scarred areas and then go through the rest of the face with a lower setting. And then in between i maybe had 2 sessions of another type of laser. The rest is subcision, fillers, I even got a PRP injection which was not in the agreed package. The treatment was pretty aggressive in a short period of time. For most of the time during my stay there, my face was really red and "could not rest".

Dr Park speaks very good English, is very warm and is not profit driven. I only got a very good impression of him on my second visit. Before I left Korea, he told me he was glad to have treated me and that he did his best. He even wanted to give me another laser session of which I declined because I did not want to have red cheeks when I leave Korea.

The clinic is very serene and most of the time I went at 10am as the first patient and I was the only one there. The patients are all Koreans except for once I saw a China patient with her own translator. Posting here might change that, i thought hard about this.

The clinic staff treated me very well, it was most probably that I could speak a bit of Korean or else communication would be difficult, and i bought them some beverages and snacks because honestly I felt a bit embarrass for getting so much treatment with 2 million won and not buying them anything. I did not see any translators when i went there a second time.

My acne scars have improved tremendously, a lot of the improvement though is due to the fillers, I should gradually see the final results as the fillers disappear in the next few months.

Hi inlusio, are you able to share Zell's contact email?

Has anyone had any skin treatments done at Dream? (The plastic surgery clinic ) i notice there's also an affiliated Dream dermatology / skin clinic in the same building that offers laser, prp, etc.....am wondering if it's any good

i did carbon laser, fraxel and ulthera there. Its good but more on the pricey side. I'm not one to be price conscious at all when it comes to actual surgery because I believe my face and body is priceless, but not so much for generic skin treatments.

If you want a cheaper alternative, maybe not as smancy as Dream but still good u can try Oracle. Its in that alley way next to Dream walking towards the starbucks. I got laser hair for full legs plus (not telling where else) for just under 100. Compared to what they charge in Australia thats a really good price.

Awesome- thanks for the tip, KCouture! I'll def check out Oracle.

Did they have Eng speaking dermatologists and translators there, and is there any dr you recommend there in particular? (Or are they all the same?)

Also, did your laser hair removal work well? I've done it on my upper lip 6x already in the US and in Taiwan, but some hair keeps growing back!

Lastly, were you able to get some discount on your surgeries for doing the skin treatments and surgeries together at Dream, or is the consultation and negotiation process for plastic surgery vs dermatology at Dream totally separate?

Thanks a million!

its different. The skin clinic consultant is a different person and they don't seem to discount that heavily. When I asked about the lasers on level 2 I was told I had to go up to the dermatology department to speak to the consultant there :S.

I always get discounts at Dream but my discount for surgery is alot more than for skin treatment. which was why after the first time I just decided to go to Oracle. And yes the laser worked there. They use a pulse laser rather than the zap zap zap type im used to back home. Both just as good tho. The machine at Oracle didn't event hurt too. I think its because of the cold gel they use.

Can't remember who my dermatologist at Oracle is but near the reception desk is a staff rating board which patients will place a star next to the dermatologist's name if they are satisfied with treatment. I picked the lady with the most stars haha.

• 1 month later...
Visiting Korea later this year to look for skin treatment and I came across this thread. So many clinics I really can't choose!!

Im looking to treat some widened pores and a few age spots, maybe some facials. Good candidates seem like Zell and Renewme, preferably a place with good English. But the treatments and price is obviously more important.

Any further reviews or recommendations? This thread has not been updated in a while.