BeautyHacker

Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

Hey hun!

How are you finding your results now? I'm super interested in ITEM for eyes and rhino but am finding it hard to find many legit reviews/b&as :sad:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I did double eyelid (full incision) and epicantoplasty at ITEM. Overall result is fair. One thing I do not like is the way they do epi. I have a scar tissue that looks like a swollen skin under my eye. I was in the first place very surprised that they do epi by cutting under the eye. At the recovering pictures of Teuim I did not see them. My surgery is 7 weeks ago and my eyes are healing well. But if I knew they would do epi this way I would have done it at an other place.

Also the English translator was disturbing. She did not give me the time for consultation unless I insisted, and afterwards she tried to change the time anyway. Also she made me wait 45 minutes at the first consultation and another hour before the payment. After we agreed on the price, she rushed me through any following procedure including the surgery. I could not even say bye to my friend who came all the way with me to South Korea before I went to the surgery room.

After all I'm satisfied with the results, but for the service and epi I would have chosen an other clinic.

Thanks for sharing sendy!

Would you mind pm'ing me your b&a's? If you don't want to I totally understand though!

x

Is item well known for v line? I'm deciding between Item and DA for v line. I'm scared DA might do my jaw too small. Will the doctors let you keep a little bit more of the angle on your jaw if you don't like the super small face look?

Not trying to promote View here, but you might want to consider View's "Natural V-Line" if an "egg line" is what you're looking for. Basically it's V-line but the chin is more rounded and the jaws not done too small so it looks natural. DA is more dramatic but then you just have to communicate clearly with the doctor on your expectations.

Which clinics besides DA do the more dolly face? I'm going for a non egg line hehe ^.^ Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi...I had a first consult with Dr Jung for DES and fat grafting. He speaks very fluent English which I found very reassuring. The consultant Evelyn is somewhat cold and condescending. If it wasn't for Dr Jung, I'd write them off because of her. I'll be in Seoul later this month and want to see MVPS before making a final decision but ITEM is telling me that if I don't put down a 10% deposit they can't guarantee a surgery date. Has anyone had the same experience? I'll post more in the DES thread about my consulting experience at April31 (total rip-off - USD9,000 for DES+ptosis correction/lateral cantho and epi are they kidding me?!!!), ITEM, View and Teium when I have the time. Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey larojibalnca!
Would you mind sharing your experience with me? I'm heading to Korea over in December and ITEM (amongst a few other clinics) are on my list of places I hope to visit for a consultation. It would be great to get an idea of how the clinic atmosphere was for you. I'm slightly intimidated going to these clinics but I feel like having a professional but friendly and comfortable feeling is a place that'd be able to win my brownie points lol.

I'm still a rather new member, so Im not sure I've reached the level to send PMs first yet;;; pm please? ^^;

• 2 weeks later...
i just came out of sinsa station and saw their ads, i dont know how good clinic is if they have to advertise on subway? every plastic surgeon i've been are the unadvertised but famous within the community ones

but i might just go check it anyways

your instinct is right

it's common sales technique to limit time create a sense of urgency

i just laugh when they do that to me as if i dont know anything about sales lol

• 1 month later...
I'm sorry for replying late. If you went for surgery in December, hope you're satisfied with whomever you chose.
It's been 2 months post op and I feel that I owe this thread an update.

I had revision DES at ITEM in Nov 2016. Previously got tapered creases but apparently my forehead started sagging, hiding the crease.
I wanted parallel creases this time and went with Dr. Kim. Like someone here suggested, I made a powerpoint comparing my "dream crease" to what I did not want. He drew the markings on my lids before going into theatre and seemed to know what I wanted.
The operation went fine and unlike last time (where I was under deep sedation), I did not experience any nausea/vomiting. Got to rest in the recovery room with an ice mask for around an hour before taxiing home with my post-op package (consisted of 2 ice packs, meds, ointment etc.).
I didn't have any major complications during recovery. One eye was more bruised and swollen than the other.
However, I have to say that ITEM's post-op service pales in comparison to other clinics.
  • The only instructions I got regarding medication dosage was verbal, right after surgery. I only learned I was taking the wrong dose (once per day, but was supposed to be 3x) one week later when I realized I had a lot more medication left. I guess I should have paid more attention when the consultant was explaining, but I was quite groggy from the sedatives. It would have been nice to have the instructions written down or sent to me via Kakao/email.
  • The post op package had the tiniest amount of ointment, and I had to go back for refills, twice. I also had to request for anti-bruising cream (again, they have a stingy amount and I had to return to refill). This should have been included in the package.
  • Some other ladies who went with MVP said they got free antiswelling and skincare treatments every single day. Last time, I got an antiswelling treatment from Dream too. ITEM didn't offer any of these services. Fair enough, because MVP and Dream charge a premium.
TL;DR: Regarding aftercare, you'll have to take care of yourself.

ITEM isn't the most luxurious clinic, but I felt that it provided good service for what I paid. I'm satisfied with my revised eyelids. I would say that one crease is higher than the other. I don't know if that's due to residual swelling and need to wait perhaps 2 more months to make a final say. I'm happy also that the scarring is minimal - just a 3mm notch towards the inner corner of one eye. All in all, I got the high parallel creases that I wanted.

Hope this helps those considering ITEM.

• 2 weeks later...