BeautyHacker

Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

Hi Girls! I am going to ITEM in July 18th for revision eye surgery. I first went in 2013 and got non incision but as I'm getting older, the double eyelid has turned single again. I don't blame this on the doctors because from what I've heard, it's part of aging and also at the time I asked for a very conservative tapered fold. I checked on the website but there doesnt seem to be a Dr Chung (as this thread suggested). Can anyone recommend a good surgeon for eyes at ITEM?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I did my revision nosejob, epi, and outer corner cut/lowering at ITEM in October 2016. Most of the swelling is gone. I rate my satisfaction about 6/10. My nose bridge is off-center (silicone implant with septum cartilage used) and my nose was shortened too much. I have a very nice side profile but I'm not happy with the bridge being tilted when viewed from the front. My bulbous tip is not as reduced (it seems to be the same size as before.) It may be due to scar tissue formation, as my nose also feels stiff. I preferred my nose when it was still swollen, because now the implant on the bridge is more obvious (and the tilt makes me unhappy) and my alars have not been reduced as much as I'd like.
I will take pictures when I can and post them.

I'm really upset that I will probably have to have a THIRD rhinoplasty.

Hi all,

I just wanted to write to express my disappointment with ITEM PS KOREA. I went there 3 months ago to do arms liposuction and now I am still recovering. The liposuction used was called ultra Z lipo, they promised it will produce optimum results with minimal downtime and zero unevenness. However there are lumps and bumps, and it still hurts when I stretch my arms. the difference is also minimal.. did I mention that I massage myself every night to get rid of the bumps? It really helps - though super painful at first!
I just consulted a doctor here and he said that the technique was poor and surgeon was unskilled..

I really hope this hard scarring won't be permanent :sad:

Anyways please stay away for liposuction!!

Hi all
Had been reading this forum before I narrow down which clinics and more importantly which doctor for my double eyelid.
Had double eyelid (incisional), epi, phtosis, and some fat removed with Item and the doctor was Dr Kim in May 2017. This is my first time doing plastic surgery.
Post operations before arriving in Seoul:
Consulted about 4 ps (Grand, JW, Banobagi, Item) via whatsapp and email about prices and what they recommend i need to do with my eyes. with Item, they have a consultant based in SG ( yes, I currently am based in SG). All the consultants were prompt with their responses (I started corresponding with them in Mar 2017). Closer to the date of my trip, I decided that I want to secure a slot for my surgery so enquired two of the ps (which I was leaning to use for my surgery ) on what is required to secure a slot . And the requirement was quite similar, Deposit required which I then decided to put deposit with one of them (ITEM) only and take a chance on the others. Note that if you are planning to do double eyelid surgery and nose as well, there are things which you cannot do two weeks before the surgery e,g no smoking , no alcohol etc.
Arrival in Seoul:
First appointment with Grand. Just didn't feel right about the place
Second appointment with ITem. Met Evelyn and then Dr Kim. Was pleased with the experience, I had wanted parallel but (as usual) Dr KIm recommended In out fold , he says it will look more natural because my eyes are "sunken". He speaks good English. He use some sort of tool ( small stick) and showed me how the different types of fold look by putting the stick on my eyelid. I was sold on in out suggestion. I told him I wanted as high as possible as I know the height will drop. He said he will give me the highest without me looking unnatural. I also joked with him about not swooping another doctor during surgery and he told me it can't happened as he will be asking me to open and close my eyes several times during the surgery to ensure both eyes look the same. So if I open my eyes, I should see him only! Lol
After the consultation, Dr Kim left and the final price negotiation starts with Evelyn. She didn't give me any discounts which I was disappointed because on the emails , I was told that if I did more than one, there will be discounts . She instead threw in a free facial.so I was ok.
I cancelled the other two appointments as I was comfortable with Dr Kim and Evelyn was also quite ok.
P.s I also did skin treatment with ITEM on this day , laser for pigmentation and moles removal, skin tags as well. My face was totally swollen after this but is it normal, no pain as they had numb my face.
Surgery day
The surgery was quite fast. Rested in a room. Evelyn was with me all this time and it was good to have her with me. She looked after me. There was no pain and I was given medication to take just for only 1 day. Quite surprised as I thought i would need to take meds for a week?? Anyway, Evelyn so super nice, I was given heaps of pumkim juice. I was also given a pack of other stuff to help heal.
Day 7 is stitch off day and I saw Dr Kim again, he checked my eyelids and said everything looks ok. The lady who did my stitches was very experienced. I only felt minor pain. After that I went for my 'free' facial .

It is almost 4 weeks now, but my eyes are still swollen!! I had a lot of bruises ( blue, purple and the yellow) during the first two weeks, this has now gone away, because I had epi, I can feel a little sore in the inner corner of my eyes. It is also challenging to sleep face up( I usually sleep with my face buried in my pillows, I know it is not good)
If anyone has any suggestions on how to heal faster, please share with me as there isn't much postimg on healing. I have not use any eye make up to this day as don't want to risk any infection. I am taking Vitamin C daily and washing my eyelids with just water.

Thanks for reading my post and I hope it has been helpful.

Hi Beauty50, the best way to get rid of swell is to massage with firm pressure, you could use a little bit of face oil or even without to improve circulation around the area. After massaging, press a damp and heated washcloth over the swollen areas a couple of times.
Do it once every night before bed. Hope this helps.
Let me know how you get on!

• 5 months later...
Hi, how is your revision DES going? Are you satisfied with your results?
Thanks

I've gotten my revision rhino there and while I do see improvement, my bridge is noticeably crooked. My first rhino was slightly off center (but doc said it was natural), but after getting revision at ITEM (along with epi, which I regret) it is definitely more noticeable and tilted. Also the doctor make my nose pretty from the side (was very enticing when I researched) but, in my opinion, the front is too short (almost piggy round front/round nostrils) and I find my philtrum seems too long now. u_u

My friend has gotten her whole face done there and her results were very impressive, but I don't think my procedures did the best they could for my face. :/

I'm not too saddened though, I plan on going to Seoul for epi reversal (slight, because I did need it but not so much.)

I would definitely go back for forehead bone cementing (it's called osteo-bond I think) bc my friend's turned out very nice. I would also get fat grafting (I've done before but it's absorbed) done there.

Bone cementing sounds scary. Is that to make the forehead more round? Why not do fat graft instead?

How long did your previous fat graft last? Did any fat survive at all, like maybe 40%? Or did it all get absorbed? I think I'd try a different place if no fat survived at all.

I can't say what percent survived, but it's noticeably gone. It's not 100% gone but if I had to guess maybe.. 20%? I didn't get a top-up so there's definitely a lot of re-absorption.
Yes, bone cementing is to have a rounder forehead (they also use it for back-of-head improvement surgery.) I would just prefer to have to not get fat graft over and over, so it seems like a good option.

I did not do fat graft at ITEM (I did at DAPRS.)

Hi lovely, could you send me your before and after photos please. This is the only thread I can find for Item. Hopefully you’ll read this although I’m a bit late my email is [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
I consulted with ITEM and I think they suck.

ITEM was the worst looking Plastic Surgery clinic. It looks cheap. Their rooms, before and after manuals, and bathrooms are cheap. The consultants are rude and they have a dumb payment policy where they offer you a slightly higher price than the standard and a 20% cheaper price if you pay in hard cash(you won't get VAT refund this way). They do this to avoid taxes.
Screw their games.

I'd rather submit to Banobagi for any surgery Item offers. There's no reason to go to Item for anything.

• 2 months later...
It seems like everyone's surgery experience is different. It's important to take each good, negative, or mixed review with a grain of salt, because what didn't work for someone can work for someone else. Why? Because each person is different, has different desires, and also has a different "condition" she is starting out with? I wanted plastic surgery done to correct some features I had and improve an already pretty good set of features. ITEM's Dr. Kim was honest and not salesy, conservative yet impactful in his observations of my face. He didn't agree with getting additional things done, like alar reduction or fat graft.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I am BEYOND happy with my amazing results at ITEM Clinic. I highly recommend ITEM Clinic for eye surgery and nose surgery. I got epi/lateral/ptosis correction and rhino/tip/paransal implants last February and could not be happier. While it sounds like a lot, it basically comes down to small various procedures done for my eyes and nose. My eyes looks bigger and pretty! My eyelids are still slightly swollen but even still, I am beyond happy with the results. I went with Dr. Kim, who measured my eyes, made recommendations for the amount of length he would "open" up my eyes. Dr. Kim also did my rhino/tip, simply a refinement of what I had before - just a more narrow and defined tip with a tiny bit of length added. My nose also has a fine, elegant curve to it, which I LOVE! My family loves my results, especially my hubby, which makes me laugh because he was really against p. surgery for the longest time.

This has been such a life-changing experience. I would love to share pics but would rather not share on the website. Just a note that, my surgery has transformed my self-confidence. I actually love to not wear makeup; my non-makeup look is even prettier than my full face of makeup days. While I was actually pretty - with makeup - before, I feel like the surgery has taken me to the next level and given me the "Korean superstar" look I have always dreamt of but never thought possible. Dr. Kim was conservative enough to not completely change me, but "touch up" my appearance to a few levels above what I was before. It seems like the surgeries have been somewhat of a different experience for many, but I think you can't go wrong with this small, boutique clinic. I can't really speak for the other clinics; I'm sure they deliver good results here and there.

I also consulted with Grand and was impressed by their clinic (almost went with Dr. Rhee), but couldn't help but be drawn to the before/after pics at ITEM. Grand had a very beautiful, elite, multi-story building, lush interiors, and very friendly staff. Extremely professional. But for some reason, I felt drawn to the 'craft' of ITEM.

Ultimately, ITEM is able to tailor the look you want, as long as you come with specifics, pictures, characteristics, etc. Do your research! Not for a month but for several months (I researched for six months ahead of time - various procedures, surgeons, certain looks I want vs. I want less of). I personally loved ITEMs results, felt the looks were a bit more closer to what I wanted to achieve (flawless yet natural at the same time). Dr. Kim was a little brusque and busy, but he was honest, advised against unnecessary procedures that would "hurt" my current look, which he deemed "good" as-is. His philosophy is more conservative, which I liked. The clientele that comes through ITEM is often locals (less foreigners) - and the 2-3 floors seem busy and packed, which is probably a great sign. ITEM is a smaller clinic but still a more 'niche' clientele, in the heart of Sinsa (plastic surgery burrow).

Evelyn was the consultant who talks you through pricing on Kakao, meets with you to discuss the surgeries, sets up the appointments, and is your 'buddy' in the entire process. She was extremely positive, friendly, funny, and very very calming. She said I reminded her of her cousin! For me, the surgeries were a little scary, the eye surgery was a tad painful (being honest), and the stitch removals hurt like F. But, she was there to hold my hand and calm my nerves. I also had the worst bruising and swelling out of most of the patients they've seen (literally "hit like a bus" look for the first 7 days), but my bruising and swelling went down significantly after 10 days and I literally transformed from monster to beauty by the time I was back home in the states.

Feel free to DM me if you want more details!