BeautyHacker

My experience with BANOBAGI

Oh God I hope just the ache! LOL

I'll pick up vitamin C pills tomorrow and hopefully that'll help speed it up a little :smile:

I'm pretty sure a translator's commission was included and I didn't bargain much to be honest except that it was around 13 and they reduced it down to 12, everyone else has given me quotes higher than 14 for similar or fewer procedures (Wonjin went as high as 17M without a commission!) so in comparison this seemed reasonable to me, here's what was included:

- Jaw bone + muscle reduction
- Narrowing the chin and reducing the lower side
- Partial buccal fat pad removal
- Laser lipo / Acculift
- PRP treatment

I must say PRP treatment have done nothing for me. I didn't have skin issues aside from two small scars and they told me my skin was very good to begin with but I asked for it thinking it'll improve things however there's been no changes that I can see and the two scars remained exactly the same.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that includes the buccal fat removal too. It is a bit pricey since acculift and buccal fat usually doesn't cost nearly as much as a jaw reduction. But most important are you like your results!

Thanks Phreakcodex!

At the end of my consultation day I asked whether TLPS had similar facilities to Banobagi and how experienced their doctor is and I was told that it was a smaller clinic and fairly new so I felt there was no need for me to look further :smile:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/465738-vitamin-c-diarrhea/ haha sorry... i remember correctly... haha. but don't worry, get used to it first then you can take more. i have taken up to 4g a day and it made me feel really good and healthy and energetic but if you take you start feeling it in your stomach and you should start with less. i think it depends on the person so be careful at first... hahaha. i think the powder is better than pills but don't eat it haha, it's very very acidic, it's a pure acid (like citric acid) so mix 100-1000mg (0.1 to 1g) in one glass of something, coke or juice or tea or whatever. it's kind of like squeezing a bit of lemon juice in your tea, it makes it more bitter but not much. but it's really bitter if you take it alone! but you can mix it in any food and all it does is make the food a little more sour (and maybe add a lemon taste a bit but if you make a lot of food at once you won't notice it at all). just to give you ideas, it's easier to take it if you don't think about it just put it in your food and drinks :smile: just don't put too much hahaha!

lol shiny bit too meticulous there posting a diahorrea link lol

i prefer mid sized ones that are focused on patient concerns and wellbeing. I visited some that have only 1 or 2 doctors, not impressed at all. Id like the clinic i choose to have great surgeons and infrastructure

Sorry, I am new to the forum and I' ve been looking through the forums, may I ask you if you did jaw shaving with dr o from banobagi?

please excuse me, i just wanted to be helpful!

LOL That was so informative Shiny! I went to a pharmacy and the guy over there recommended 500mg pills. Would it be fine to start taking 4 pills separately each day (total of 2g) and then go for something stronger or would that be too slow and not very effective?

It depends really, DARPS for instance was small but it had an office vibe to it. Also some smaller clinics tend to have their check ups done at another hospital and I preferred a place that had everything in one place which doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other, it's just a personal preference.

That's what I wanted too, Banobagi is large but it was their focus and patience that appealed to me the most.

Hi rlsm, yes that's correct and welcome to the forum :smile:

I must also note that I may have lucked out with a good consultant, I doubt all their consultants would handle patients the same exact way. Also the same goes to their doctors cause I've only met Dr. O and have no idea if the rest are as nice or as patient as he was. This is why I highly encourage others to please share your experiences too, I don't think it's fair to actively post before your surgery and then completely disappear.

the official recomendation is 150mg which is really TOO LITTLE! if you've gotten that much or less from food before even 500-1000mg will probably make a difference. but i didn't notice it (feel noticeable more energetic and good) before I started taking like 1-2g. i think 4x500mg is fine. if that makes you feel good already you don't have to go higher (but you can!). it's impossible to take too much vitamin C (well you'll get diarrhea but you won't get sick or anything, it's not bad for you! haha) but over 8g is a waste because it won't be absorbed. so just start at 1-2g a day and see how it makes you feel. if you want to heal faster maybe take more (4-8g. 3x2g a day=6g is probably good after you get used to it) but start at 2g! (I took 6-8g/day much when healthy, I still have a huge amount of vitamin c at home but I got lazy and i always forget to take it... so bad! i have to remember to start taking it again!)

Hahah. Thank you! (: I just got replied from them a girl called Hebe. She told me dr lee will be the one helping me to do jaw reduction if I am to go. And she quoted me 6.6m to 7.7m for a all in, which includes jaw and cheekbone reduction. And I read through the forums and sort of understand cheekbone reduction will result in skin sagging? Hahahah. So I doubt do that. What's your reccomendation? Ya. I think I will also be posting mine experience here like you helping out others who are considering ps for reference. You never your post is so helpful to me. I mean at least now I have narrowed my opinions to just 3? Regen , bano and one more which I forgot ops. Hahahha. Thankyou for the reply seriously (:
Oh ya. May I ask you if you have any lost of feeling of your lower jaw. Cos I read about losing the feeling of lower jaw after jaw reduction which kinda of scares me. Hahaha.

Oki thanks for the reply sir :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I want to contribute to this forum as many members helped me alot by answering my question. I just did jaw reduction at banobagi with dr wu. He is really friendly though before surgery we didn't have much time to talk abt surgery procedure as ms hebe alrdy told me parts of the process.
Everyone here is very friendly. You might wanna check out this place before deciding.
I didnt consult other hospital and went ahead with banobagi. I think its very its the feeling that this clinics gives me which made me pay full amount 3 days ago.
There's this nice girl call grace , who took care of me the entire surgery. So I think this is really great. I am still swollen I cant tell how will the outcome be like. But I will write here again before I leave for sg. (;

Hi rlsm,
Thanks for sharing. I'm researching Banobagi now... if you don't mind, how are their prices?
thanks and good luck with your recovery!