BeautyHacker

My experience with BANOBAGI

It's been done guys! Double eyelid on just my left eye! At this point, there's really not much I can reveal since I still have the bandaid over my eyelid. The lid is sore but not painful at all. I was instructed I'd be able to take the bandaid off tomorrow and then we'll be able to get a better look at what's going on under there. Here's a recap of what went on just a few hours earlier:

I actually had two Banobagi reps helping me out today: Hebe and her co-worker Grace. They were both fluent in English and assisted me throughout the whole process, from consultation, through surgery, to the aftercare. They were polite and made me felt taken care of the entire time. Banobagi has their own multi-level building (it seemed like each floor had its own specialized operation, for eyes, jaws, etc.), and walking in it was a pretty busy place and the girls were dressed up very professionally and actually looked quite chic. Inside, the place was clean and bright though not as extravagant as some of the other clinics I've seen on the internet. Of course, to me that wasn't really important in relation to the quality of the doctors and staff...

The consultation process was fairly simple, both Hebe and Dr. Lee understood what I wanted - to have a small, subtle double eyelid made on my left eye to match my right. Nothing dramatic, goal was symmetrical eyelids. I went with the double-embedding method. There's still some lingering worries over if ever the sutures would become undone, but Hebe assured me that it's only with the regulur suturing process that there's a 20%/30% chance the suture would undo, but she said that with double embedding 90% of the time the work is permanent. I only talked with Dr. Lee shortly as my procedure would be quite a basic one, anyway and plus I already communicated with Hebe my plan through email (in our email convos, she said she also showed Dr. Lee my photos and explained to him what I'd wanted, then reported to me what he recommended as part of our online consultation). I already ready knew what to expect of the procedure after doing research online thus most of the chat felt like formalities - Dr. Lee explained to me (mostly in Korean, Hebe translated) what would happen, then Hebe went over it again in English for me. Dr. Lee seemed like a pretty busy guy, but he knew some English and physically demonstrated the kind of eyelid fold he'd make for me in the office. Examined my photos. Standard stuff. Then the surgery.

Overall, the whole process went by like a breeze - checked in at 1pm and left at around 3:30/4pm to return to the guesthouse. Was knocked out the whole time. Grace, told me that they'd be injecting at my eyelids which kind of scared me a bit since I'm not too fond of needles, especially when they're going near such thin skin. However, they gave me some anesthetic shot before and was knocked out the whole time so I didn't even feel the part that actually psyched me out the most. :lol: All I can remember of the surgery was Dr. Lee coming into the room and drawing some marks on my eyes. Now, I've also read on various forums that some people were actually awake the whole of the surgery and could feel the suturing happening though still numbed from it! Don't know if this difference should be a point of concern or not...? (Again, guess we'll have to wait and see eh?) :hrmm:

Finally, Grace & Hebe explained the aftercare and sent me off with a bag of gauze, eyemask, cotton swaps, Green Hydrogen Peroxide to clean the sutures. Hebe also made sure I could contact her any time I had a question by giving me her What's App number. I'm writing this right after a nap and now I'm not feeling woozy anymore. Some of the other girls in the guesthouse have their whole heads wrapped up in gauze and seeing myself with just that bandage over my left eyelid makes me feel like such a lucky bird. The real big moment of truth will probably be tomorrow when I remove the bandage!!! Nervous about the results! I'm confident because it was such a simple procedure under the hands of a reputable doctor, but I'm anxious too because these things never seem to be for certain and I'll still have to wait a couple more days to get a better gauge of the quality of work. :panic:

My next trip to the clinic will be on the 7th to see if my stitches are ready to be taken off by then (if not, then I'll have to wait out the whole week).

EDIT: Haha, just realized I wrote almost a whole essay without even saying all that much... Guess I'm trying to blab off the anxiety. :shame:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post-Op Day 2:

I am definetely swollen still and that's probably why my lid looks double the size I want it to (I desperately hope that's the case anyway)! However, the "sore" feeling has completely disappeared. There is still sensation there, though it's hard to describe - nothing that is painful, but it's as if I can feel the fold there (if that makes any sense). I'm super anxious to see what the final results will be... ARGH. However, my swollen lid didn't deter me from spending the whole day outside shopping and eating. Really glad I chose to stay at the guesthouse because I've just discovered it's only an approx. 10min. walk from the underground Gangnam shopping mall and ArtBox! Plan on going to Garusogil St. in Sinsa-dong tomorrow or the day after. :cool: My eyelid didn't seem to be much of a big deal to anyone. I mean, walking around town today I saw so many girls (and guys) who's work is so obvious because they barely even look Asian anymore so that kind of made me feel better about my non-discreet eyelid surgery. :whistle: Even managed to get a foot/leg massage at JW Spa down the street. :P

Hi, I was wondering can I get Zoe's contact/email? As I'm planning to go Korea soon :smile:)

Post-Op Day 3

When I woke up this morning, my swollen eyelid has gone down almost half the size! Thank goodness, so now I'm not so worried that I'll have uneven lids for choosing to only get the one eye done instead of both. Whew. Time will tell I guess - can't wait to report after a few more days then I think I'll get an even clearer sense of the final results.

Also, on a personal note: again, spent the whole day shopping on Garosugil in Sina-dong - amazing hot spot for food and fashion! Google Maps says 30 min. walk to from Banobagi guesthouse, but I took a taxi and it was only ~10min. drive. Had a big dinner there and almost had motivation to walk back, but the colder evening temp. made me feel lazy again so I taxi'd. :cool:

Trying to decide if I should go to Myeong-dong too? Anyone been? Better or "about the same" as Garogusil - anyone know?

Oooohhh, and thanks thelittlebean and amandamoo23 for checking up on my journey, really appreciate it! :smooch:

myeongdong is different from garosugil but it is a MUST to go Myeongdong. lotsa street food and very happening place. don't miss that out and also insadong :biggrin:

Hahaha. Did u wear shades when u were walking around Seoul?

I'm gonna facr that problem!!!>< especially mine is blue..oh gosh :sad:

Helpful sharing, through this forumn I can know Banobagi hospital.