BeautyHacker

My experience with BANOBAGI

@amandamoo23 Wow! That's neat! Are you looking to get the same procedure as I am, I mean getting just the one single-lidded eye done or surgery for both eyelids?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw girls banobagi will provide a little pouch with two eye cooler masks and a pack of cotton buds (quite sufficient I didn't even get to use those I have brought over and don't think I will) And antiseptic. Meds are about 30USD which hebe will bring u to get them after the op. U will be well taken care of for sure!! :smile: I am already thinking of getting my nose done now!

Hey alorsondanse, I have consulted once before in Malaysia. The doctor mentioned that I have to do both :/ so i'm still thinking. Btw, thelittebean, 5kusd for incision? Hmm, I wonder how much is non-incision because item quoted me around 1.5k usd. How do you feel today? Did you tell Dr Lee exactly what eyes you want?:graucho: hehee.

@thelittlebean Can you spare more details about their guesthouse? I'll be staying there my whole trip, that's why I'm a little bit more curious than usual. Do they have wi-fi? Any good eats nearby? Shopping? Clean, good privacy?
Also, which method did you go with? Non-incision or the double embedding? I don't want scarring from incision and I don't like to wait so long for it to heal. But at the same time, I'm also worried about the possibility of unravelling from non-incision method. How's the swelling now? And how was Dr. Lee?
Sorry if I'm overbearing - but I can't believe it's just 4 days until I'm off to Seoul! I appreciate any tips/advice I can get!!!

Hey ladies. Ok sorry I haven't been very clear. I paid 5k USD for canthoplasty and non incisional (double embedding). Was all prepared to go incisional but Dr Lee said it wasn't necessary. I think he assesses this based on skin condition. My eyes do hurt a little when I blink but it's totally bearable. I am out eating bibimbap as I am typing this. I did tell Dr Lee what I would like to have but he and hebe was honest to tell me that it really depends on the base of your eye shape.

I didn't stay in the guest house so sorry I can't really share that.

Dr Lee is polite, friendly and I felt that I could trust him given the good reviews here. My swelling has gone down, no bruises but still puffy and I have been eating loads of pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Multi vits too! But I have also been bad. The Korean food is too good to give it a miss, really.: )

Hey thelittlebean, my friend just did her nose last month, she said you can get pumpkin juice at pharmacy. Heard it was tasty, also you can try pumpkin porridge which is famous in Korea :smile: Aww glad to hear Dr Lee is honest. I've booked my appointment with Hebe and also Raina from ITEM. God bless me, I'm going Seoul next Friday!

Yes you can! All the convenience stores have them. Thanks for sharing. I thought I would cut down the carbs and just go straight for the seeds. Just so that I can keep my stomach for more Korean food. Terrible I know! :smile: how did your friend's nose go?

SO, my consultation and surgery is going to be in 2 hrs!!! Just chillin' in my room right now, counting down the minutes. I'm excited and nervous! So far, my experience alone in Seoul has been great - being from Vancouver, the difference isn't all that drastic. In fact, language is the only obstacle for me so far - that and the fact that Korea uses different plugs than North America so now I'm desperate to find an electronics store that sells iPhone chargers in Korean-style plugs before my phone dies on me and I'm left without the handy-dandy Google translator!!! Otherwise, I feel quite at home here - as close to it as a foreigner can be, anway.

If anyone is curious as to what Banobagi's guest house is like: clean, rooms are a good size, and supplied with your own personal TV, computer, lockable closet and mini fridge. Shared bathrooms, laundry, and kitchen. Space is very clean and private, plus they seem to have maids who come in to to tidy up the shared spaces. Impressed with how clean the showers are! I would say better than staying in a hotel - it's 50000 won per night (so roughly $50CDN/night). It's RIGHT next door to the clinic - barely a minute walk to get there! Location is super convenient - close to tons of coffee shops and restaurants, convenience/drug stores. Just spent the whole morning walking around the back streets and came across some super cute boutiques and eateries I'd like to check out later in the week! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to eat or drink ANYTHING 4 hrs prior to the surgery so I can only look around right now.

Can't wait to meet my doctor (Dr. Lee, maybe?) and the staff - stay posted!

Sure sure. Was waiting for your update! Let us know how the consultation goes! :P i'll be there next sat!

Hey before I forget, Remember to avoid fizzy drinks after your op. I had coke and I almost ripped my stitches when I burped. Ok abit exaggerated here but you won't want that unnecessary scare. Good luck once again. Xoxo