BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

It's been 2 and a half months post op for me since I've had my DES. I did Epi, double eyelid and ptosis. Everything is healing well with the exception of one thing. The ptosis seems to be making one eye open more than the other. Even though the eyelids are symmetrical, one of my eyes look droopier than the other. Did anyone experience this post ptosis operation? What is the recovery time for ptosis. I was wondering if it's because my eyelids are still swelling and healing. Any insight would be wonderful! Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey! i'm wondering how ur epi scar is healing. has the redness disappeared? I'm going to get my DES with kwon next week and he recommended me to get magic epi. i'm just scared that it'll leave a scar..

Thanks Beeferooni!! :biggrin: You inspired me to write a better blog so I have moved all my content to blogspot.com.au . I am not allowed to post links to my blog and i dont want to break any pf rules but you can google "deskorea blogspot" and see if you find it. I doubt you will but you can try or feel free to PM me for the link!

I have included my before and after photos too!! :biggrin: good luck everyone!

I'm not going to Korea but I'm having my surgery in September. Which method are you going for?

@popcorndreams
@beefnoodo

I just had surgery there at JW! Was last monday. I had Nonincisional DES with little Ptosis Correction on my left eye. Usually Dr. Choi doesn't do Nonincisional, but during the consultation I insisted on getting the Nonincisional done by him because of my thorough research about him. He really seemed very professional and experienced, his profile is impressive as well. I consulted with 7 clinics, which were JK, JW, TL, Cheongdam U, Cinderella, Teuim and MVP. I was struggling to decide between the clinics JK, JW and MVP for a whole day after all consultations, but ended up then going for JW because I had the best feeling with Dr. Choi doing the surgery on me even when it was the most expensive one of them 3. They charged me 2 Mio. Won for Nonincisional DES and Ptosis Correction after bargaining. The Ptosis Correction part was done by Dr. Kang, who seems to be more experienced with Nonincision Ptosis Correction. The surgery itself took around 30-60 mins I think. Both gave me a good feeling of having a knowledged and experienced surgeon and they checked several times during the surgery if the crease looked smooth. I didn't feel any pain during the surgery, but there was a little uncomfortable feeling. That's normal though so I was glad I didn't feel any pain as I know from other cases that some felt pain during surgery. After surgery I was brought to the recovery room and the consultant, which was Jay, gave me the medication, pumpkin juice and 2 ice packs for eyes. So yeah, overall I'm pretty happy about the outcome and waiting now for the swelling and bruising to go down. As for now, my crease looks still a bit high, but I think I'll like the endresult :smile:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I had just about the same experience at DARPS. I had surgery there on June 15 and hate my results. All my surgeries are primary too! Now I will probably need to have a revision on everything. I am so depressed and don't even know what to do.

I had vline, nose, des, fg and under eye fat removal.

Forgot to add that while my eyes were being done, I was knocked out and never open or close my eye to test the crease. I was also told this in the consultation with the reason that I would be having lateral canthoplasty too so they would knock me out. Has anyone else been completely knocked out for DES? Oh and had canthoplasty?

Anyone here have any experience with Dr. Lee Seok Jun, Dr. Lee Seung Hwan or Dr. Choi Dong il from Regen?I'm planning to do DES/epi/lateral and alar reduction to name a few.

Newbie here in this forum, there seems to be really little posts about Regen in PF. So any Regen related experience will be greatly appreciated :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, I am here to share my partial incision+epicanthoplasty experience at Teuim plastic surgery clinic with Dr. Kwon. I have taken pictures of the healing process but will upload them together once it is all healed. Anyways, this post will probably be insanely long so I’m going to try to explain it as short as I can… btw i've already posted this on another thread

Why I got the procedure/Eyes prior to surgery
I naturally have double eyelids but my left eyelid fold started folding weird about two years ago. I would constantly wake up and they would be a different size from my right eye. This annoyed me so I started using eyelid tape and later on used eyelid glue. The glue drooped my eyelids a lot… which caused me to form a triple crease which was really annoying and ugly. To prevent the drooping to get worse, I kind of had no choice but to get this procedure.

Online Consultations
Through email, I’ve consulted Oz Clinic, Teuim Clinic, Opera, Real, and Wannabe. I think there is more but I don’t remember. All I know was that my mind was set on Teuim. In the Online consultation, they quoted me 2.0m krw for non-incisional and 1.4m krw for epicanthoplasty. They gave me directions to the clinic and recommended me places to stay.

Korea
In Korea, I stayed in a relatively cheap hotel in Yeoksam (pm me if you’re curious in the hotel). The hotel was very nice and clean and was only a 2-5 minute walk from the clinic. Also, if you’re going to Korea, buy a wifi stick because it comes in handy. Also, don’t just stay home everyday after surgery… Korea is freaking amazing and I am so glad I got to do a lot of things there. Go out! It’ll help the healing and make your experience amazing.

Consultatation
I wrote this right after my consultation so I will just copy it below:
Pt1: I walked over to the changlim building and teuim was located on level 6. The clinic was rather smaller than I expected; about the size of a smaller dental office. When I got there, I sat on the couch and there was 3 books displayed in front of me. Two of the books had information and pictures of eyelid surgery that you can find on the Teuim website. The third book had reviews of other clients. I didn't read through the books that thoroughly but I am planning to the day of my surgery. Since I got the earliest reservation, there was only two other patients in the clinic. One of them was a local and the other was a foreigner who also appeared to get her eyes done. I didn't speak to them as I was extremely nervous. There was two consultants at the front desk and one of them with pretty eyes helped me. Btw my dad was with me the whole time. She gave me this consultation form that I filled out. The consultation form included what I wanted out of this procedure. The consultant that was with us was really nice and smiley. After waiting about 15 mins, we were called into the doctors office. Dr Kwon actually appeared thinner than I expected. Anyways, he asked me to look between his eyebrows and close my eyes. Which, then he proceeded by using this metal stick thing and creating a crease. Before that, he asked me what I wanted out of the procedure and i brought in pictures of styles of eyelids that I liked. I used daddoa's (youtuber) pictures. He explained how I wanted a middle size crease that is tapered. Also, Dr kwon was very gentle when he was examining my eyes. This gave me a good sign. His English is pretty good so you don't really need a translator. Dr kwon recommended me for non incision because apparently I don't have fat in my eyelids. I kept refusing because I was scared of it coming undone so we both ended up agreeing with partial incision even though he said it was unnecessary. He also said I needed epicanthoplasty and explained to my dad what if was. He asked me if I had any questions and I had like lots and i don't even remember what I asked anymore. I remember I asked him about scarring and he said that there is almost invisible scar for the eyelid and after two months the epicanthoplasty scar should go away. I asked him about healing time bc I have to go to school in a month. He said that for my medium size crease in a month the swelling will still be there but it won't be that bad. I really hope it won't be bad or people at school might know about it. (Im keeping this procedure private). Im planning to just use makeup to cover it up lmao. Also, I asked him if there's any foods I should avoid eating and he told me nothing... which surprised me bc a lot of people said not to eat seafood, dark pigmented foods, and salty foods. Also I asked him about pumpkin juice and he said he didn't believe in that. In general, he seemed really chill about the surgery and told me it's extremely minor so to not worry. However, he seemed really confident in the procedure.

Pt2: After the consultation with Dr. Kwon finished, I got lead into a second room with the consultant. We were talking about price and she quoted me 1.4m krw for epicanthoplasty and 1.8m krw for partial incision des. So this adds up to 3.2m krw which was less than I was quoted online (3.4m krw for non incision). I wasn't expecting bargaining to work bc a lot of people said that teuim would not bargain but I simply asked for it to be 3.0m krw and she agreed right away. The girl was super nice. However, I don't know if this will work for everyone because I mentioned beforehand that im a highschool student and I can't afford a lot lol. I know I could’ve bargained more because some people get 3m krw for ptosis, partial and epicanthoplasty. Oh well lol. My surgery is 10am on Saturday so im quite nervous... I didn't get it the day of consultation because we didn't exchange money yet and also i couldn't get it the next day because it was all booked (proves their busy). I also gave a $300 drop off fee before hand to reserve surgery. It's 10% of the procedure but she will give it back once you go.

I only consulted with teuim because I trust the doctor and clinic. Also, because we already left the drop off fee so there was no point in consulting with other clinics unless I wanted to lose the money. I was going to consult with opera and wannabe too.

Btw, there's a pharmacy located on the first floor where you can buy the pumpkin juice and scar creams.

Surgery Day
I got my surgery two days after my consultation since they were busy the next day. I recommend getting the procedure done as early in the day as possible so the doctors and nurses all have a fresh mind. This was about two weeks ago so I don’t remember every detail, but I’ll try my best to explain the experience. I arrived at the clinic and I believe I was the only one there since I got the earliest time possible. Anyways, I waited for awhile on the couches and was extremely nervous. Then the consultant called me into the recovery room and I actually had no idea what they were trying to ask me to do. But they told me to take off my clothes and so I did… and this was so damn embarrassing because I walked out of the recovery room in just my bra and thought I was the only one in the clinic but there was another korean local guy and idk if he saw me but he was pretty cute so I ran back in oh god. IM RAMBLING SORRY. Anyways, turns out I had to wait for them to give me the robe and slippers. Once I changed and washed my face, I got lead into the consultation room again. Dr. Kwon went over what I wanted and I explained how I wanted the ends of my eyelids to flare out. He told me I have a droopy bone structure so that will be hard to do, but it actually does flare out as of now haha. Anyways, it just went by so quick and next thing you know I was lead into the operation room.

The nurses started putting 481783917893 layers of stuff on me and strapped me onto the chair. They were cleaning stuff all over my face and eyes and stuck an iv into my arm. Next thing you know, I was in another world. Okay this experience is really difficult to describe unless you go through it. Basically, I could hear everything in the clinic, including the hypnotizing music they played, but I was seeing something else. I was on this roller coaster thing and it felt SO real. Like its hard to describe but I didn’t know I was in surgery yet I could hear everything? Drugs man… Anyways, soon I realized I was in surgery and started freaking out and started to regret everything. I actually didn’t feel any of the cutting; I couldn’t even feel them touching me. But then, later on I felt the sewing stitches and it started to hurt soooo much. I think the anesthesia was wearing off. They kept telling me to relax but how can I relax when I felt everything. SO PAINFUL. Okay I don’t remember the order from hear on out but I remember a few things about the surgery. Halfway through, they gave me another shot of anesthesia but I swear it didn’t work because I could feel everything after it. Also, one part it felt like they were drilling into my skull; it actually didn’t hurt but it felt so uncomfortable I can’t even explain into words. Halfway through, I think the doctor left because I couldn’t hear his voice and the anesthesiologist was massaging my eyes for what seemed like forever. Also, the doctor would tell me to open and close and that part was so hard and uncomfortable. All I know was it was very uncomfortable and painful and my first thought after the surgery was damn, I’m never doing that again.

I got put into the recovery room with an ice pack after I was done. I had bandages on my nose and I looked hideous lol. My dad went to buy my scar cream and pumpkin juice and the consultant gave me medicine, gauze, 3 icepacks, and an ointment. I wanted to stay in the recovery room longer but she told me I had to go (in a nice way though). Luckily it was raining so I covered my face with the umbrella LOL. THIS IS WHY I ADVISE YOU TO GET A HOTEL IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE CLINIC.

cont.

Healing Process

Day 1-2:
stayed in hotel all day
iced my eyes all day
drank two packs of pumpkin juice everyday

Day 3:
got bandages removed
didn’t ice my eyes as frequently oops

Okay, well for the rest of the days I didn’t use too many warm packs so I had pretty bad bruising but I went out and had a lot of fun in Korea. Definitely want to go there again.

Stitch removal
I got my stitches removed 6 days after the procedure. Most people said it was painful but I literally felt nothing. Also, btw the nurse was SUPER nice and friendly and had super pretty eyes. I was so surprised when I looked at myself in the mirror since I had literally no epi scars.

If you have any questions, just ask me. Im here to help you :smile:

BTW i've decided to post a bunch of pictures of the healing process so here is the link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134369681@N05/albums/with/72157657299821991

Hi lovelies, I was wondering if it's possible to change the shape of your eyes or to operate on one eye so it's more... almond-shaped, for a lack of a better word? I'm happy with my eyelids and the size of my eyes, but I would want to change the shape from an oval to more of a tapered almond shape.

I'm thinking it would be epi + lateral? Kindly correct me if I'm wrong...

Cheers x

I'm sure it's possible! However, I assume it would be more of a reconstructive surgery than just a double eyelid surgery, so make sure you go to a good doctor!