BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Partial incision is when they only cut certain parts of the eyelid to create a fold.

Non incision is when they "bury" stitches inside your eye so that when you open your eyes it will have a double eyelid. Someone told me they flip your eyelid up and put the stitches on the inside part where the eyelid touches your eyeball. Not sure if this is true, and if I had known this I would have been super hesitant to do non-incisional.

Full incision is when they cut your eyelid so they can create a fold. The benefits of full incision over partial is that every part of the fold/line is created so there's no chance of you getting wonky eyelids cause your eyes will fold exactly where the doctor intends. Also with full incision, if you have fatty lids, doctors will sometimes excise your fat so that your eyes don't look puffy.

I had my eyes done in December and got nonincisional ptosis correction with medial epi. The first few days I was so sad and depressed, but these days... I'm so pleased :3 Pleased as a pickle!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where it is? I've never heard about the clinic :-S. any website??

Oh, I C :smile: thx for the information

Yup I previously discussed quite a bit about Braun PS back in the Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea thread and even posted some B&A from their site. You need membership to view the B&A btw. Just use google translate and all you need is an email to sign up.

Your friend is right about Braun's reputation amongst the locals for nose. They're also quite known for eyes and jaw too. They're on my shortlist atm but I found out they're quite a large clinic and sometimes the doc doesn't have enough time for you so I'm still considering them

Edit: i also forgot to add. Braun has a large team of doctors and when i researched them there are some docs who do very fake noses (pointy, straight, obvious implant and all, every patient looks the same) while others (the head doc whose name i forgot lol) can achieve very natural noses tailored to each individual's needs. same goes for eyes. braun has some surgeons who are very skilled with natural looking parallel eyelids which is what i'm going for. so remember to choose your surgeon carefully!

Hello, some of you may remember me last year asking about double eyelid surgery (DES) in Korea. Such clinics that I was interested in were mentioned multiple times in DES threads here. I've decided to do it in my own country, Singapore instead of going to Korea to do DES for personal reasons.

If you are interested to know about anything, feel free to PM me.

I did DES yesterday in the morning!
*I only did DES. (Did not do ptosis, epi etc). Had to fast 12AM prior to my surgery. Went over what kind of creases/height I wanted. I picked tapered, natural style at 7mm height, surgeon had to draw the lines on my eyes which took a while. After, I had some kind of anesthesia to make me sleepy a little before the surgeon injected a few jabs of local anesthetic to my eyes. I felt no pain during the surgery at all. Lasted for about 1 and a half hour? Not too sure. I had to open my eyes a few times and before I know it, it was over. After DES, they gave me ice packs to put on my eyes.

*sorry if my image(s) is too big, I have no idea how to resize.
This picture was taken straight after surgery. My eyes are not even due to my swelling.

[​IMG]

In the evening before sleeping after surgery,

[​IMG]

As you can tell, it is beginning to swell more.

Post surgery Day 1

[​IMG]

Woke up this morning with my eyes looking like this! It is better now a little though cos I've been putting cold ice packs every now and then.

Hello peeps!

okie.. i have been silence-reader for long…and after 3yrs of hesitating & lots reading in here. I decided to take the courage and do my plastic surgery! I am 37, and i think its bout time (yes! i have no idea why i am hesitating all these years..) I will be doing eye + nose). I have mono-eyelid. And a rice-ball kinda nose.

These are the choices of clinics to 1) Items, 2) JW and 3) Opera.

As i have budget concern, i am seriously considering Opera (i prefer small clinic/hospital, their patients are 70% koreans, and the prices are relatively reasonable, i saw their before & after pic i like their work) Here's the breakdown of the cost i am sharing :-

Eye
Opera(2,800USD)
JW (4,300-4,800 USD)
Items (3,950USD)

Nose
Opera (1,850-2,800)
JW (3,900-4,400)
Items (3,530USD)

(the prices quoted is base on the picture i have sent them online. I am hoping to be given a further discount when i meet face to face with the surgeons. Seriously, i felt its a ripped off, compare to the local-rate. :sad: )

Both JW and Items are correspondence via email. Both of their quote are super expensive! Opera seem to quote a reasonable price. However, Opera was abit tricky. Their website are all either in korean/chinese. Sent them a couple of email, but no reply. I have to kakao them, and they refer me to QQ since i am a non-korean. A chinese consultant get in touch with me. (i am chinese from Singapore)

My initial arrival date to seoul was 18 feb - 1 March 2015 (thought i'll make use of the CNY period) however, i realize that, the koreans are celebrating the CNY period too - 18 & 19 Feb 2015. I reckon, there will be lots of patient flying over and locals as well for their surgery, hence surgeons are prob stressed up with the overwhelmed business. Just my personal opinion, i doubt its a good idea to leave my face on the hand of a stressed up surgeon. So, i decide to defer my travel date to 27 Feb - 11 March instead.

I will arrive on the 28th Feb (5:40am-Seoul). And i will visit my choice of 3 clinics for consultation at 10am onwards. Though my guts feeling tell me to take on Opera, but no harm going for the other 2 clinics for consultation as well. This will be my initial date-plan :-

28th - Consultation
2 March - Surgery date (1 march is a sunday, and its korean's Public Holis too)
9 March - removal of stitches
11 March - Fly back

I am in the mist of searching a hotel. Whoever is light-minded like me, traveling and doin plastic surgery on the date (as above or 1-3 days after/before). Let's meet up together, support one another, dinner-date, shopping guru..and most impt, as i know, recovering stage is the most depressive moment so let's be there for one another. :smile: Pls PM me. I will be doing on a solo-trip. I dun mind having a bunk-mate to share a hotel with (save cost!) and hang out together during our stay in Seoul! :smile: But hey! if you want some "me-time" occasionally, i will respect that too. No need to stick ard for 24/7. (i totally understand, cus sometime,i may need that too!)

Ps: i prob be hiring a translator for at least 1 or 2 day. She will be with me on my first day during consultation.

Hope the above infor brings a bit of help in yr search.

cheers!

Hi ,which clinic did you go to ? How much they charge you ?

where did u sent a message I tried kakaotalk the no reply then I cant find an email add on website its on Korean even I choose English

Hi s..Barbie, I'll be going from 4 - 12 Mar.
Doing eyelids & fat graft.
Opera is one of my choices.

😉