BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

hi oryza your eyes are looking great :smile: You mentioned your lids came down by at least half, which in my case, is exactly what I am hoping for! I am now a little less than 2 weeks past surgery, the major swelling has subsided but the crease is still awkwardly high and my lids appear a little sausage-like. :sad: I cant tell if the high crease is caused by the remaining swelling (which isnt alot from how it looks)..

May I know if you did ptosis correction? And was it incisional or non-incisional?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dun worry dear! Ur swelling will go down definitely. My sausge stayed with me for almost 3 months. It went rapidly down 4mths onwards. Im nearing my 5th nth, still feels a lil tight when I look upwards. As teuim advise. It will take 3mths to look natural n 6mths to feel natural. I did incision ptosis correction n magic epi

I chose a hyaluronic filler called Restylane that can be dissolved if needed. I've just passed the 2 year mark and have a little bit left. Mine never spread, nor did I have any side effects. However, in the first couple of months, the shape wasn't that nice. After that, it looks nice for maybe a year until the filler has dissolved a bit more.

I didn't know they did restylane for nose. I thought that filler was too liquidy for bridge--no?

I have no idea how liquid it is, I only saw it briefly in the syringe. Fillers aren't a good long term option for bridge though. Even for something that is supposed to last 2 years, by the 1st year, most of it was gone.

Ah cool!I land on April 1st so you'll probably be in recovery by then. we should defo meet up after though, I know 3 other PF that will be there around that time so it will be good for moral support during recovery time. we can all walk down the streets of seoul with puffed up faces hahaha. what's your id on kakao?the pika-pikachuu doesn't work :sad:

I'm doing Vline with double eyelid surgery and I've managed to shortlist my clinics in order: DA, EverM, Girin, View and TLPS.

Hey,

I had Dr Lee! :smile: While I had my stitches in, my eyes were pretty swollen and bruised but as soon as the stitches were taken out, the swelling went down a lot faster. In fact, my eyelid thickness as of today (17 days after surgery) is very similar in size to my eyes 9 days after surgery (at night time). I would say that my recovery has gone pretty smoothly, possibly due to me religiously following the instructions regarding cleaning the stitches and applying the antibacterial ointment and gorging on pumpkin juice. Two days after having my stitches removed, I also started using Kelocote scar gel (you can find that at most pharmacies here in Korea) and have actually noticed my scars improving ^_^
Sorry, I don't have any pictures to share because I'd like to remain anonymous! >.<

I totally understand your excitement! For a week after surgery, I couldn't quite believe that it had happened! I really wish you the best for your surgery and a quick recovery :smile:

Hi there
I am also heading to korea and will be landing march 27. Have u decided on what clinics you are visiting?

I'm asian with natural double eyelids in both eyes, except that one is much larger than the the other. Does anyone have an idea what is the most likely procedure that a clinic would recommend for me to even out my eyes? I would ideally like to keep one eye exactly the way it is and just enlarge the smaller fold.

My eyes were slightly assymetrical, but evened out with just non-incision surgery. I don't think it matters whether you undergo incision or non- incision, the doctor will just make the crease line differently to balance the unevenness as in my case. If eyes have extra thickness/fats or unevenness is severe, the doctor may recommend removing excess skin/fats (usually incisional method). If you have ptosis, which sometimes contributes to assymetry, the surgeon may recommend ptosis correction to "lift" the eye muscle.

Hello~ I did non-incisional eye lid surgery a couple of years ago and feel that its not conspicuous enough and has become hidden like an inner fold.

So off I head to Korea. Ive been looking into revisional eye lid surgery + epicanthoplasty for a bigger eye look. I consulted a few clinics and have been quoted over 5 mil KRW from Banobagi just for the revisional eye lid surgery procedure with ptosis correction. Is this reasonable?

Can someone who has done revisional eye lid surgery at Banobagi share their experience and results?

I am in the midst of arranging my trip right now. And I have been lurking in the midst for a couple of months now. All I can really say is to read, read and read. I have so many people to thank who have shared their journey of plastic surgery. I'll keep you guys updated as well!