BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

This is weird. There have been two forumers joined lately who talks about "docfinderkorea" and Banobagi. If you really do "research that exhaust your bandwidth" on PF, it is not hard to find those step to step guides on how to prepare and going under surgeries in Korea. I think people in this forum are against translators and all that stuff.
Perfectionistxxx, why didn't you mention how much your surgery costs? If the whole service is free they probably got commission fees. You're making it sounds too good to be true.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read my post, I only mentioned Docfinderkorea was free. I know it is definitely possible to go and get surgery in Korea without help from a local or even a service like Docfinderkorea but I mentioned their service because I genuinely thought they made my trip a LOT easier. I was able to skip the step of organising transport to and from the airport as well as to and from the clinic because Docfinderkorea provided that service. There are also other benefits but you can read about that on their website. If someone was planning to travel alone to Korea for surgery, I just think it would be a lot safer to have the help of Docfinderkorea. The business most likely earns commission but why do you make it sound like such a bad thing? As part of their service, they actually help you negotiate for a discount with your clinic of choice.
As for my surgery cost, it was about 4500000won after Shin helped me negotiate for a better price. The price is a bit steep, I know but I also had the option to choose other reliable clinics that were a lot cheaper. However, my instincts told me to choose Banobagi and from what I understand, their services are in high demand so they are able to charge a premium which I chose to pay.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask~ I'd appreciate if you weren't so quick to jump to conclusions.

ok, i shall share my experience for my DES.
I suffered from an awful breakup (not because of my looks la) a month before my planned trip to Korea. Since i'm going over there to get my hair and eyebrow done, might well get eyelids done too.
I had asymmetry eyelids and eyebrows, it makes very hard for me to balance them thru makeup. Many people told me that sticking double eyelid stickers in long run will create double eyelids, which i sticked it for a good 6-7 years.
People do not understand why i want to go for double eyelid surgery, is not that i dont love monolid or small eyes. They assumed that i want a pair of big eyes.
They are so wrong, i dont mind small eyes if they are symmetry.

So about 3 weeks before my trip, i went to do some researches on double eyelids, which clinic to go, and the pricing as well.
I always think that a minor surgery like double eyelids will cost ard sgd 2k and the pricing is not to far away from taiwan.
I joined this forum and read some blogs. Read a blog which her eyes are very natural after the operation, i decided to write her an email for the doctor details.
Sent my photos to ask for quotation, the method they suggested.

Euro Clinic (I picked)
Non incision with fat removal and medi epi.

JW
incision, epi, and levator

Banobagi
Incision + Ptosis correction

Wannabeps
Incision + Epi

As most of the clinics advice me for incision method which i'm not comfortable with, and their price are really sky high. I did not ask Teium as is way above my budget.

Most of the price given by the clinic are able to allow me to fly to taiwan for DES, airfare and accommodation. But again, i do not want incision.
I contacted the sg rep consultant to confirm my appointment and surgery which is the same day.

The clinic is located opposite hotel sunshine. Take a subway to Apgujeong station, exit #4, walk abt 500m. The clinic is along the main road, quite easy to find.
The deisgn of the clinic was simple and nice, met a Singaporean auntie there. The rest of the patient are korean. Not many patients (prolly like 6?) But all were there for procedure not for consultation.

My appointment time is at 1pm, i waited in the lobby till 1.30pm? I paid the money at the counter first before i see the doctor since i cfm i want to do with this doc, you may pay after seeing the doctor la.

The chinese translator brought me downstairs to change, which i dont understand her mandarin at all. (not that my chinese is poor). I texted the sg rep that i prefer an English translator. About another 10 min, the english translator approached me, helped me to fill up the medical history form. She told me that doctor is in the midst of operating another patient and i need to wait for him (there's only one doctor in this clinic).

When the time i saw the doctor, he used his usual tools like the metal thingy to poke my eyes, allow me to decide the height of my eyelids. My consultation with him was pretty fast like 2 mins? And he went back to operate another patient. I fell asleep at the waiting room.

During the operation, the doctor injected 4 times area my eye areas, is freaking pain.
I smelled burned bbq smell, and he asked me to open and closed my eyes for a few times. They lead me to the resting room and placed an ice pack on my eyes.
My translator came in after i was about time to go, she commented that it was nicely done, and explained the post care, medication blah blah blah.

I did not really follow the post care, i suppose to apply the ointment 2-3 times daily, but i only applied once a day. No smoking and drinking, but i smoke and drink.
No pumpkin juice available at the apartment i'm staying.

Pictures below..
IMG_0665 (2).JPG

IMG_0667 (2).JPG

IMG_0678 (2).JPG

IMG_0735 (2).JPG

IMG_1336 (2).JPG

IMG_1346 (2).JPG

IMG_1353 (2).JPG

IMG_1369 (2).JPG

IMG_1430 (2).JPG

IMG_1431 (2).JPG

Hi ShirleySally

Where did you do your eyebrows embroidery and how much did you pay?

Was it painful during the procedure?

Cheers

Shirley your eyes are beautiful now! Congratulations. So happy for you :smile:

Did the doc say your lids will stay at that height? Or will they drop lower?

hey hun, have you booked your tickets yet? I'm also looking to do my eyes and V line surgery. I know Opera is meant to be rally good for eyes but does anyone know about their facial contouring reviews?its so hard to find english data as its mostly local friendly and all reviews are written in korean or chinese. Please help! x

Oh man. I'm right there with you! I was staying at Inn the City in Nonhyeon and right downstairs they had a Korean fried chicken place that was AMAZIIIING! Soda does not cut through the grease like a nice cold beer. Ahhh I miss Korea already!

Hi! I booked air ticket already. Korean Air ^^ landing on 30Mar. I'm not sure about Opera, but I heard many mentioned this clinic though (: I'm going to Banobagi. Facial contour is a big operation, so I suggest to find a clinic that specializes in that ^^

Hey there,

Exact sentiments here! Could you share which doctor did you went to?

I'm going for mine in end March and I can't contain my excitement any longer :smile: How's your recovery so far? any post surgery pics to share?

:biggrin:

I know this is a little off topic for this thread.. haha but I am also considering nose filler myself cos of my flat nose bridge. Yours is looking real good!

May I know what type of nose filler you chose? How long does it last and any side effects you encountered? E.g. I read from some websites that there is risk of fillers 'spreading' over time, especially the semi-permanent ones. Not sure how true this is though.. Hope to hear from you!