BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

1. My consultation was short because I was tired and can't think of any question to ask. He seems energetic, patient and cheerful. I don't think he will get annoyed if you ask many question.

2. Crease height I'm not too sure, I did not measure.

3. Discount not really. I find their price is acceptable for me. I only did my eyes so is quite hard to ask for huge discount.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey babe,

Thank you for the reply.

Could I check are there any items that I should prepare for so that I can bring over?

I am flying next week!

Goshhhhh~ :cool:

Nothing I guess? Since I did only non incision and epi, not a major procedure. I went shopping right after I left the clinic.

Anyone here going to korea in autumn? i want to make my lids higher. I already have eyelids but i want them higher.

does anyone know a clinic who speaks good english or am i better off bringing a translator?

Hi, I would like to ask a question in regards to the suture double eyelid surgery. For people who has a pre-existing double eyelid already, would this method still be suitable for them?

Albeit small, I already have double eyelids and I used double eyelid tapes to make it more prominent. However, on inner side of my eyelid, there is my existing crease being sandwiched by the new higher crease created by the tape. More often than not, the existing crease will overpower the new crease if the tape is not placed to secure the higher crease.

So this comes to my second question. If I do the non-incision method, can it help my existing crease from the inner corner of the eyelid to smooth out and not be sandwiched by the new higher crease?

I am planning to go for a double eyelid surgery in Korea this coming June.

Wondering anyone can share recent double eyelid surgery experiences & give some reviews?

I am planning to visit JW or probably banobagi.
Anyone has experiences here or at other clinics?
I am planning to do the incisional method as I am really afraid of the double fold unfolding...

This is my first time going through any kind of procedure, thus any recommendations of doctors who are good in doing incisional will be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Hi! I want to thank sssxccc, blueblood444, shirleysally for your contributions.

There are some super helpful members here and I don't think I can outdo any of you.

After reading almost all 29 pages here, it sounds like I need to do the following:
1) save more money than I actually need
2) pick 3 clinics that I like best: currently it is Banobagi, CheongdamU, Opera, (possibly JW and Jaedon also).
3) book minimum of 2 weeks in Korea to stay. Upon arriving, consult with atleast 3 hospitals and pick the favourite place + doctor
4) attend consult and surgery the next day
5) rest, relax, play, shop, get check ups and take stitches out then fly home.

Any thoughts?
Now I have to think of how to narrow down my 5 to my top 3 lol.. Opera and Banobagi HAS to be in there.. but so does Jaedon and CheongdamU.. guess first one to drop could be JW.. but they seem good also! haha..

I had my first online consultation with BK today. They quote me $7000+10%tax+extra for bottom eyelash correction.. oh God. I hope my other options will seem cheap when compared to BK lol...

Best of luck to everyone! Please continue posting your results and thoughts!!
I am thinking of flying sometime mid year when it's winter and cold in Australia.

Will keep you guys updated with my experiences since you all have been so helpful.

xo,
kitten

I was actually in contact with JW Plastic Surgery before I decided to use a medical tourism group. They mentioned that there have been couple of complaints from previous patients at JW. They didn't talk about the Chinese girl who was protesting outside the clinic (you can read about it somewhere on this forum). BUT apparently, most of the doctors in this clinic graduated from universities outside of Seoul so they're not as experienced or skillful as other surgeons. Not sure if this is true, but better to be safe than sorry!

After reading different forums and endless pages of double eyelid surgery, I decided to use the medical tourism group to help me with the process. I realized it's not practical for me to do this on my own since this will be my first time, both in Korea and doing surgery. Originally, I thought the service was a scam because it is completely fee, but I've read couple of Singaporean bloggers who booked their surgery through them and had great experiences. Banobagi is one of the clinics that they recommended, but unfortunately, it is way out of my budget. I'm sure it is a great high-end quality clinic based on reviews I've read, but I'm going to look into the other clinics that are more affordable. If you don't have a budget, then you should really look into Banobagi.

I know some people don't agree with using the "middle-man" because the service cost is known to be higher from the commission fees, etc. BUT I previously contacted Banobagi on my own, and the clinic quoted me 1.1 m KRW more than the price I got from the medical tourism group.

I'm planning for a non-incision double eyelid surgery, possibly with ptosis correction. I'm going to research more on Regen and ID since those two are also recommended by the medical concierge service, and hopefully I'll make my choice soon! :smile:

Interesting. I actually went to JW's website to look up the medical team's credentials and nearly all the staff graduated from Yonsei University which is one of the top medical schools IN Seoul. Why don't you bring that up with medical tourism group? Either they were misinformed, or they are straight up lying to you lol.

There was a thread on this before, and it makes sense that plastic surgery clinics pay these medical tourism groups to advertise, or apparently bribe their clients into choosing a certain clinic.

Hey cin! Would you mind sharing which tourism group you are going with? I am thinking of using one as well but I've only heard of docfinderkorea? I will be leaving NY early June to go and planning to stay at an airbnb place. I'm planning to do non-incisional DES and hairline transplant.

Your eyes look really well done and no scarring! Did you drink a lot of pumpkin juice to help with swelling?

Thanks for that information.I didn't get a chance to look at the medical team's credential on JW site, but I'll make sure to bring it up when I contact DocFinderKorea. They may or may not be advertising, but like i said, better to be safe than sorry. I am still keeping my options open as DocFinder does not require deposit so I can always decide not to use them if i feel like it's not the best option for me.

I'm using DocFinderKorea. They don't require deposit unless you decide to book a surgery date with the doctor so you can decide anytime not to use their service.

I agree safety should be top priority. I think it's important to do as much research on your own instead of relying on another service to do so. Like I stated in my other post, they pretty much lied about JW's credentials which means they could possibly lie about so much more. If you still end up using DocFinder, just make sure to research the clinics they recommend because like you said, it's better to be safe than sorry.