BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

i am new to this forum therefore i can not start my own thread. But i have some concerns..i don't know you have come across with this situation before. i have already set up my plans going to korea in the middle of may to do epi, but i just realize that time i will have my period, i don' t know if i can go through the surgery or get good post-op recovery when i am having a period. i heard that it is easily going to get infected and i am so scared. I already bought my plane ticket and i do not know what to do now.
can anybody help me and answer my concerns?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have heavy periods where you become anemic (low red blood count) you should be fine. You should know by your history. As with any surgery, there will be some blood loss, which will make it worse where you'll have some symptoms ie., easily short of breath with exertion, etc. I wouldn't worry about it if your clinic check preoperative lab work and monitor after if that's a concern. Let your clinic know. There are ways to remedy this. If you want details you can PM me. Good luck with your surgeries! Don't worry too much about it.

hi guys want to get double eyelid surgery in Korea around early June,my list includes Teuim,Banobagi and JK ,I was wondering do I have to book surgery through e-mail and I am scared that all dates will be booked for surgery if I want to go for consultation first then decide.Please help meeeee.I really want to get it this June and scared that if I go to consultations then decide all surgeons will be booked .

I got feedback from these clinics, and the price is....OZ seems pretty cheap, half the price of most the clinic!

Grand
1,1 ~ 1,2m krw

Pitagui
1 million krw

Kenneth Kim
1k usd

Teuim
1.4 to 2m krw

JW
1.1 to 1.2 krw

JK
1.35 krw

Girin
1.2 krw

Banobagi
1.1 krw

OZ 660000 krw

Grand
1.1 - 1.27 krw

I had 3 consults I'll list them and my thoughts on them below. A little about me, I already have naturally parallel folds, small and not always even, some days I will wake up and they are uneven, and will stay like that for a while. So what I wanted was a bigger fold and symmetry.

1) Teuim, met Dr. Kwon, he speaks pretty good English, was able to have a consult with him without a translator. First thing I noticed when he touched my face and was looking at my eyes his hands smelt like he just had a cigarette not too long ago. He asked me what I expected then started to tell me what he thought. He said for me ptosis, magic epi, and non incisional. Though I could get away with just the Magic epi and non incisional. I just wanted very little more maybe 2mm more crease than I already have but he was hesitant saying it might not stay and if I wanted a higher crease to do incisional method. His price was 2.6mill Krw for the 2 procedures. After I hesitated at the price they lowerd it to 2.3. They also told me that they preferred CASH deals, and if I were to pay by CC there will be an additional charge. Was able to fit me in same day or tmr for procedure. It would take 2 hrs.
*** my thoughts after meeting with them was that he was over priced, and I questioned if I really needed ptosis correction, and esp magic epi since I already dont have the Mongolian fold?

2) JW, I had a appointment at 2:30 pm but I was in the neighbourhood and walked in around 11:30 and they were busy but happy to fit me in and see me. This was a really busy clinic girls walking a round in pajamas and casts, groups of girls coming in for consults, lots of staff. I was appointed a translator here. I met with Dr. Hong Dae Kang, he speaks no English. He said I had strong eye muscles and is the ideal candidate for non incisonal method and it would be a very straight forward case. I asked for a sightly bigger crease and he was ok with that as well. Since the last Dr said I needed epi as well I asked this Dr and he said it was not needed in my case. Was able to fit me in the same evening or next day. Their price was 1.6 krw I didn't try to bargain or anything.
***I was pretty confused I got two totally different opinions, but I had a better feeling with JW than I did with Teium.

3) Wannabe, there were other people at the clinic but it wasn't overly busy. I was also appointed a translator here. I met with Dr. Ryoo Suk Tae, he is a younger guy speaks enough English to get by but translator still helped. He also told me that I was a straight forward case, non incisonal, no ptosis or epi needed. And the fold I wanted was within reason as well. It was 1.4 krw cash or cc same price. They were able to fit me in the next day.
*** I ended up booking with Wannabe, the Dr I met left me with the best impression. I was required to put down a 10% deposit for my spot the next day. It's post op day 2 I was able to go to the mall, I'm not really that swollen everything's looking symmetrical so far!

Best way to get in touch with all these clinics is to get urself Skype, (5 bucks is all u need, calls are like under 2 cents a min!! ), and call them. I made all these appointments last min, 2 days prior. So much easier to talk to them over the phone then to wait for a online reply!

It's 12 days post op and my eyes are healing very well. I originally booked consultations for 5 different clinics but I ended up doing it at the first clinic I visited- which was unique. I picked to have my operation at unique because the staff were really friendly and accomodating and I got a really good vibe from the clinic. The doc also answered all my questions, didn't seem like he was in a hurry to shoo me away. I booked for the surgery 2 hours after the consultation. (make sure you don;t eat if you're planning to do surgery same day as your consultation). The operation lasted maybe at most 2 hours? I'm really happy with the results so far, although my eyelids are still swollen (I did the incisional method) which will take some time to look natural. Not too comfortable with sharing my B&A pic for everyone to see, but PM me and I might send you it :smile:

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO OZ. He leaves a patient on table to do consult (this is very bad, and may be you!) as one forum member reported. He also did not listen to me in regards to what I wanted for my surgery. A surgeon that doesn't cater to his own patient is a huge NO NO in my mind. It's my face, so it better turn out what I want it to (or at least close to it)... and not to what you want. I tried explaining what I wanted (natural eyes... etc etc) and he just shot me down saying his techniques are good no need to worry eyelid will be 8mm <-- ?????????? I don't understand.

Grand has also been highly advised against

Definitely Jewelry or JW or Cinderella! They're known for that lol

Hey Nikki, I can't PM anyone yet but do you have Kakaotalk? If so can you add me as babysevenohx on it ? I want to go this summer for my double eyelids too and would love to be able to get in contact with you !

if any of you are travelling to KOREA for DES this May/June/July we have a little chat group on Kakao going... you guys are welcome to join us there just PM me your kakaoID (and make sure your ID is searchable by going into your profile settings)... lol a couple of us got stumped on that one.

my top 3 currently was pitangui, JW and CheongdamU... taking pitangui off now since a bad review that happened recently as shown here ..
adding dream instead...