BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

hi jillyjill! i will be in seoul on 28 Feb - 10 March. Have u sortout yr accommodation yet? do u wana share and bunk in with me? no obligation, of course! :smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I will be going to korea for double eyelid surgery too and i'll be reaching in seoul on 10 Feb till 25 Feb..

After reading so many feedbacks and reviews on this forum, I've decided to consult the following clinics:

1) Wannabe
2) Wonjin
3) OZ
4) Opera
5) Banobagi

My first and second choice of clinics are Opera and Banobagi but both are unreachable and I can't seem to make an appointment with them. I was thinking to go down without an appointment and try my luck getting a consultation with them. I was hoping to find someone to go with as well so that we will have more bargaining power and hopefully lower costs too. :biggrin:

If anyone happens to go during the same period as me perhaps we could go for consultation together if those clinics mentioned are your choices too! :smile:

Would like to talk to you. Do you have kakao? You don't have enough point to private message

Hello. Do you have kakao?
I would like to talk you. Thank you for your time.
My id is chalk5

If you can speak english do not hire a translator(such a waste I think)
since many of clinics have their Korean-English speakers
And it seems Opera is way too cheap for the surgery
I mean if they are good enough and have good costs than it will be best
but do not follow by the costs since it is your face
you do not want to have twice for the surgery.
of course there are possibility of having an infections or surgery goes wrong sometimes
but still you might can reduce those possibilities by going to good surgeons even though
prices are little higher than other clinics

Opera actually has a very good reputation amongst locals. Actually, their prices are around the same as the local clinics in Korea (aka those that do not market to foreigners) and are fairly competitive. So I wouldn't say they are cheap - only relatively so to the more popular clinics everyone discusses on here.

BTW, cheap does not always necessarily equal bad service and reflect poor surgeon skills, just as high prices do not guarantee good results either.

Although it is true you should not base your decision on price alone - stingy is the last thing you want to be when choosing a doctor. It's the surgeon you are choosing in the end, if he charges less than other clinics, great for you. If he is a little expensive, that's good too if you are willing to pay that much more to have him.

It's as true as ever: you get what you payfor. In my previous post, I am simply weighing the cost along with the level ofservice, their style and skill I am getting from an experienced plasticsurgeon, rather then just focusing on cost along.

I‘shop’ around for years, did my research, lotsa reading and ask around. So, donot question me on “Cost Saving Concern”J My priority, is my own safety comes first.
Tomakes good financial sense by getting a second, third or even fouth opinion,consulting with a handful of surgeons on emails, Kakao, QQ etc. Its painful butinformative (I have approach a handful, and I narrow down to the top 3 clinicsthat I have previously mention) base on the procedure I am interested in, thesurgery requires and what I'll be able to achieve for a reasonable price.

Price is not the only consideration, especiallywhen I haven’t really makeup my mind on my preferred surgeon. I have yet to asksurgeons face to face on questions on their experience, surgical style,aftercare, and outcomes. And which surgeon I am comfortable with or if I am havinga good vibe with, after my 1st visit with them. If I have just focus onprice, I know I am liable to get a cheap-looking result. And if I am tooconcern on the cost-saving, why should I seek medical enchancement outside mycountry whereby I can easily do it in my own country or even my neighbouring country??That will save a lot on my air-fare, accommodation and my expenses, no? Byseeking an overseas-surgery, I think this is an expensive investment in myself already.J

I hire a consultant/translator/agent/brokerfor a couple of days..which I don’t mind paying for. I know they probably earna fraction of commission from the clinics I went to, on top of the daily fees Iam paying her, but I guess as long as I am comfortable and I need someone to bewith - to assist me especially I am a 1st-time visitor to Seoul, doingmy surgery on a totally foreign-land that I don’t speak their language. Currently, She ishelping me on my accommodation, consultation-reservation, giving me advise, atranslator and as a companion since I am doing it solo. I guess, with her presenceshe will at least help and put me at ease. So far, she has been great! Very helpful,very informative, super fast in response, and after all the communication toand fro while I am still in my own country, we haven’t really talk about money,and she hadn’t charge me a single cent yet. She is never pushy or urge me onother clinics/surgeons. I am just using my instinct and trust to go along. J

But anyway, thanks for the headsup!

Doctor did a non incision with fat removal and epi.
Still swelling and can't really tell how good it is. One big one small.
Met a Singaporean auntie who did her eye bag removal and fat lifting.
She rest me assured that this doctor creates beautiful eyes which her friend got hers done by him.

I only had a less than 2 mins consultation with doctor, he just want to know how high I want for my eyelids. After that I waited 1hr for my turn to do the op.

After op, I did not see the doctor but the staff made an appt with him on this Friday as I'm removing my stitches on Saturday morning before I fly back.

Can pm me if u like to know which clinic.