BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Hyaluornic acid stays for about 1-2 years, which is fine by me. Fat grafts might actually last forever, but this is not always the case. Depends on the individual, how your body reacts to it and the fat cells. Here is an article about it.

https://www.buckinghamfacialplastics.com/blog/fat-transfer-really-long-lasting

So if you are lucky, this is permanent, if not, your body might degrade it. But given I would already insert bone cement into the back of my head, I think giving the forehead such a small procedure like hyaluronic acid or fat grafts is fair enough for a bit of further "fine-tuning".

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lool okay I didnt see his head as prominent as this. That is defo a very round head lol.

Are you able to post some before and after pictures of your head please ?

Thank you! I cant wait either but unfortunately i do :/ will for sure post here when i get it done

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys! I've been visiting this thread for quite some time now and finally decided to join in. I'm a 25 yo male who's got his fair share of plagiocephaly. I'm not sure about the severity of it as I haven't had it checked out since my country doesn't offer any treatment i think (not that I'm aware of). I'll post a few pictures of myself so you get an idea and would hope if you guys could share yours as well. I've always wondered whether this condition has any effects on your brain in any way or is it just visual. I do hope to one day get bone cement implant but what could be my options for the face? as you can see the right side of my face sticks out(temporal region, cheekbone, bossing on forehead( that arch bone sticks out more than the left) ). What could be the possible solution for the face? in terms of psychological effects, I've been doomed every since I graduated highschool. My self esteem has dropped significantly and i've developed a massive insecurity. I used to do well in highschool (in terms of girls and all) but now I feel like i've lost it all. This might be all in my head(pun intended) but I can't stop myself from having such thoughts no matter what. The fact that this couldve been prevented drives me nuts and I always think about what could've been if I had a normal head. Society puts a lot of emphasis on how you look. Normalcy is taken for granted by so many people who are not affected by this. It would be an understatement to say that my work life is affected because I can't seem to lose focus on this issue to focus more on my career. Well thats pretty much it. Hope this opens up a more open dialogue between all of us. Cheers!

Uh your head is understandable but your face, it looks normal. Nothing wrong with it?

Notice the distance between my ears and eyebrows on both sides. One side is wider and more round compared to the flat side.

Im sure barely anyone would notice. Has anyone pointed it out to you? Or you might just be overly obsessing about it. no one has perfectly symmetrical features.

Your head is understandable (though not even that bad). Your face looks absolutely normal. I think it may be a psychological thing for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all!
I am so happy to have found this forum, it has given me hope. Thanks Ashly for starting this thread.
I have decided to do this procedure if not possible within this year then definetely not later than early next year. I have emailed Dr. Song three days ago with some concerns but still yet to hear back from him.

I have a few questions to those who have underwent the procedure and has become familiar of the area where the clinic is (Seoul). Which hotel did you guys stay or is it better/cheaper to stay at an airbnb? I googled the clinic and google mapshas shown a lot of korean charchters although there are english translations, do you have any navigation app that you can recommend? What's the name of the airport in Seoul, I can't seem to find it? Did you take uber/taxi/bus to get to your accommodation from the airport?

Thanks in advance!

>> I googled the clinic and google mapshas shown a lot of korean charchters although there are english translations

Jogak clinic is located close to gangnam station EXIT #7. Here is the map. (click the word here)

Staying in airbnbs is cheaper, but gangnam is a popular location so it might be a bit more expensive? I stayed in sinsa.

>> do you have any navigation app that you can recommend?

For metro, kakaometro. NEVER got lost in korea using the subway with this app. Super helpful.

>>What's the name of the airport in Seoul

Incheon airport.

Hi Myldzz thanks for the reply. It has been more than two weeks now since I emailed Dr. Song but still yet to hear from hi. I am now thinking of emailing ITEM instead... what are your thoughts?

no thoughts lol idk anything about ITEM sorry

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone thanks Ashly and others contribute to this topic. I too finally decided enough is enough. Suffering for more than 20 years with psychological problems because of plagiocephaly is not fun as you very well know and went worse for last 5 years when i found out that operation can be done. I contact Dr.Song week ago and he answered me it will be good that i take CT scan and send him pictures he will than know exactly if my head can be corrected and how optimal. I am scared because have also problem with social anxiety and going to South Korea alone from small country like Slovenia isn't going to be easy for me especially because English is not my mother language and i not travel a lot before and never alone. But in 33 years of my life i realized that fear gives you best things in life and make you grow.

Hi Juvek,

Same here, mate. Actually, I am following this thread for the last 12 month. Here and there I read the new comments, questions and stories... I am also opting to do this surgery, but my financial situation changed drastically and I needed to prioritize a little my available funds. However, I am still trying to save money as much as I can and ultimately I am trying to do this surgery without getting a small loan. My head shape annoys me since my childhood and I can feel the abnormal flatness when I touch the side of my head. Not to mention, after a haircut the flatness is visible which makes me so insecure. I am Germany based if you want we can travel to South Korea together?