BeautyHacker

My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Exactly. He said I bad s very thick scalp and it took him an extra 10 min lo get than the normal 45 min estimated to be finished. My left side was of average curve however the right back side was flat. So far both sides look close to identical . But with the post surgery swelling still in play I won't know truly for 1 week minimum up to 4 possibly. Overall when I look down and you look at my head from top to bottom you can see a vast improvement at What would be the top of facing me looking down . More rounded versus the right side (my left) being a bit higher than the left (my right)

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a huge amount you were able to add. Is the scar visible? At least not from this angle. Which looks amazing.

I wonder if the amount of augmentation of the back of the head depends on how elastic the skin of the entire scalp is or whether it only depends on the elasticity of the skin of the back of the head. As I played around with my scalp, it seems that the skin on the top of the head and the skin on the back of the head are independent of each other.

That raises the question whether I could augment the back of my head and also a the top, using the same incision.
The top of my head would look something like this:
[​IMG]
So the question is, if I fill up the notch in the middle of the top of the head a bit, does that decrease the volume I could apply to the back?

Can we see some pics now?

Hi man, How are things going with you? Have you recovered well after the surgery ?
Are you satisfied with the result?

Hello. By chance I found your forum and it's been great reading all your info, feedback, and recommendations. It's encouraging to know that there are others out there that feel the way I do. I've always been self-conscious about the back of my head being so flat. My friends and family just think I'm being silly for complaining about it. They think I should be grateful for what I do have, and focus on that. A few years ago when I looked into cosmetically changing the shape of my head, all I found were facilities that worked on head with severe abnormalities. I felt ashamed for even considering it. But in November of last year I started reading everything you all wrote and I was so encouraged by those of you who have done the procedure, I decided to go through with it.

I contacted Dr. Song at JOGAK late in December. I waited a few days and didn't hear back, so I emailed him again. This time I made it clear that I intended to proceed with the surgery and that I needed confirmation from him in order to make arrangements (flight, hotel, days off, etc.). He replied 2 days later. I'm scheduled to meet him Jan 29, surgery Jan.30. I'm flying back Feb 4 and I'll have the staples removed by a doctor here in the States. I'm so excited! It's almost too good to be true. I keep thinking something is going to happen to keep me from going. That part makes me anxious.

If anyone who's traveled to Seoul has any advice for me. I'll gladly take it.

By the way, I read ayyoo's question regarding vertex and occiput augmentation (top of head and back of head, respectively). I asked Dr. Song about that. The procedures cannot be done at the same time and they do not use the same incision. They must be done a minimum of 3 months apart if you are doing both. I considered both, but its expensive for me so I am doing the occiput augmentation.

Thanks again for providing the information about the clinics and for giving me the courage to go through with this. I'll post photos of me before and after the surgery.

Happy for you man! And i have the same issue with my friends and family. You tell then ur head is flat and is uneven and its just a laugh in the face sayin its not bad. Hopefully you get the results you seek

Hey guys heres an update, my head looks amazing, sorry for the lack of updates its been a process of getting used to my new head, u had no idea how much times I thought my head was still flat when its really not especially after ur hair grows ur not used to it haha, my head looks amazing though i had to cut it short just to show

Use the trolley and metro not taxis unless its a short drive, download transportation app called seoul it will help u navigate offline, use airbnb use a cheap one to save extra money, when u arrive at incheon dont make the same mistake i did and go straight to taxi take trolley to seoul trolley then use taxi to ur destination, learn basic korean hello thank you & never ever be afraid to ask for help or directions I remember 3 older ladies spoke not 1 word of english yet still helped me get inside my locked out airbnb and please please be patient with the outcome of surgery it will expand and even out the blood will feel really weird and annoying in ur head as well

Thanks for the tips. I downloaded a few apps already. seoul looks like one i'll use a lot. i'll use it to get from the airport. you were able to get around without a problem? i've never been to a country where i couldn't understand the letters. do you remember how much you paid a taxi to get you from the airport? you felt good enough to head out and explore the city after the surgery?

Couple questions

1: if the procedure didn't produce the results you wanted could you go back and have more material added in the same location?

2: is there any risk of the doctor not performing the procedure because projected results would be sub par?

3 : Is there a scenario where the skin elasticity wasn't optimal so a "ballon" would need inserted
to create more room for the bonding filament?

I'm just nervous that the cost of flying to Korea would be wasted since there is no way for the doctor to see me face to face prior to the procedure.

Exactly what I'm going through they think I'm being ridiculous lol.......if only it happened to them instead of me.

how do you feel about how it looks in the mirror not from the top looking at it but also side views any difference? Does it feel more comfortable cause ik me i have neck issues because my left side is so much heavier. But it looks perfect to me man honestly you have nothing to worry about now!

Ive just learned to take peoples word. My right side is noticeably flat to me and everyone says im silly and i got a fine head shape. So i have kinda learned to just be happy lately and not care too much about it. Hats do help if you aren’t comfortable with your headshape until you can do something. Thats been my go to