BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

:wtf:

You guys are cutting out your muscles and nerves for smaller calves? Gosh, I am the opposite...I have skinny calves and always wanted them to be a lot bigger and more athletic looking. I am fine with plastic surgery, but this seems almost, dangerous, especially in the leg. Please pick your docs carefully....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,

i'm currently at youngdong hotel, and did my consultation with dr. park this morning.

i was initially all ready to go ahead with the surgery. but i backed out last minute.

alot of things just went through my mind. the consequences, risk, effects, and of course, the benefits i'll get after the surgery. which means i'll probably get better nicer calves.
and to think that i had just wasted my trip down to korea.

but something just stopped me.
perhaps it's just the inner coward me. the one who stopped me for the surgery, but also the one who reminds me to accept and love myself as who i am.

i know there's lot of you girls who went through the surgery, and where most of you were satisfied with the results.
i'm not against the idea of it either, i understand how you girls felt before.

it's just a realization that i had, since there's always imperfection in the world, and i should learn to embrace what is given to me.

i always had the concept to embrace something which is not of the norm, like why should we all follow the latest fashion design and all.
but this concept had failed on myself then. but now, i'm going use this attitude to treat myself.

i'm one special individual, and so is every individual one of you out there.

nevertheless, be it that you've done the surgery, going ahead with the surgery, or deciding to get the surgery done, i just want to tell you girls, always love yourself as who you are.

PS: my mind was in chaos, and i needed an outlet to express myself. this is the only place where i know i could do that. please bear with me.
and i really miss my family and loved ones now.

Hi girls sorry I have not been checking these forums for a while! If anyone would like to see some photos of before and after surgery then please xxx ... It has been 5 months for me now since surgery and I don't have any regrets! :smile:

One question I do have for the girls who have already undergone surgery, have any of you got ur calf muscle strength back? I'll admit I have been very slack with oversize lately lol and have not bothered to go for runs or walks, however I am wanting to start up netball soon and I just don't have the strength to run for very long. What is the best thing you can do to rebuild strength ? I have emailed Dr Park also

Thanks Londongirl, have you any idea how many posts you need?

Oh just read that you need 10 posts. Will message you when i get there then :smile:

took me a while to figure out how it works. will message you when it activates

tracy

No problem glad you got it sorted out. I will send you a private message with email address etc. Stay in touch and let me know how it all goes for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey missjesss, I can't run for very long either, though I was never much of a runner anyway! I still don't have the bounce in my legs that I had before the surgery. But I'm fine for walking long distances, hikes, etc - I just get a bit of swelling when I do

Hello. I am 20 days post-op. I had my surgery with Dr. Park at the Oz clinic. I am 34 years old, Asian and from Chicago. I am 5'1" (155 cm) and 103 pounds. My calves were 34 cm on each side. Dr. Park said my ideal was 32 cm. I said "2 cm doesn't seem like that significant of a difference." He said it would be a significant difference because the surgery would remove the bulkiness of my calves. Of course, he was right. I love my new legs!!

1) My recovery has been smooth. I was able to walk to all of my follow up appointments with Dr. Park. The first appointment was 3 days after surgery. I walked to his office in heels. His office is 2 blocks away from the Young Dong Hotel. I was able to walk in flat shoes all of the other times. It was slow, but do-able.

2) Dr. Park uses spinal anesthetia with sedation now. He says the recovery is faster and it was. I was able to go to the bathroom as soon as the anesthetia wore off, about 6 hours after surgery. No bedpan!! Also, there is no annoying sore throat after surgery. You will be cold after you wake up from surgery. Don't be afraid to ask for an extra blanket.

3) I went to Korea and did the surgery by myself. It is great if you have someone that can take 2 weeks off and go with you, but if not, that is okay. If I can do it, you can do it. My cell phone didn't work in Korea. I was able to make phone calls on my Gmail account. It cost one penny per minute. The Young Dong Hotel gives you a cable to connect to the internet. No wi-fi. Also, they will give you a power adapter if you ask for one.

4) I took it easy on the stretching on Day 5 and Day 6 because I read about the muscle spasms that happen around these days. Dr. Park said I wasn't stretching enough and had me come into his office everyday.

5) I got a pill packet after surgery. I think there is a muscle relaxer and digestive aid in the pill packet. Immediately after I finished the pill packet, I felt it. My legs cramped up faster. Stretching took longer.

6) I did 2 aspirations at home. The actual pain wasn't bad. The worst part was the mental anguish of having to poke myself. I found that if I pinched my skin, it didn't hurt at all.

7) I felt that I was going 2 steps backwards in the stretching when I went to bed. My feet tended to point downwards (plantar flexion). I wanted them to point upwards (dorsiflexion) or at least be in neutral position. It helped when I wore a soft ankle support when I went to sleep. They are about $10 each.

8) The flight home was a little rough. Get an aisle seat so it will be easier for you to do the stretches.

9) Dr. Park is A++++++.

If anyone has questions, please post. If you are from Chicago and are thinking about this surgery, I will be happy to meet you!

=-)

Thanks so much for this post Chicago Steph. It was very helpful. I wish you a speedy recovery and the calves of your dreams :smile:

Are your calves still swollen or can you see the difference in size already?

When I was in Korea and Dr. Park did the aspiration, my calves were down to 31 cm. I think that is the smallest size they will ever be. Now, they are swollen. They are 32 or 33 cm. The bulkiness/hypertrophy is gone and my legs taper. I can tell that they will be beautiful and feminine after the swelling is gone. The recovery is moving along with no complications. Every day is better than the day before. I understand that it is a long process and by no means am I super human. Of course, I asked Dr. Park how I can speed up the process. He said keep stretching and elevate legs. Haha, not the answer I was looking for. I meant faster than that!!

Also, the compression stockings I got are JOBstocking medical stockings. Thigh high. 22-27 mmHg. Made in Italy. You can get similiar ones at Walgreens or eBay for much less than $60.