BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running absolutely will not bulk up your calves... in fact it slimmed mine down. I started 1/2 marathon training last october. I trained from October to the end of february. My calves (and these rest of me too) got significantly thinner.

"bloody hell' British? I like that. Anyway, yeah muscular calves are great. I am sure your calves are just fine!! My thighs are rather thick ugh but you know they do what I need them to do. So if you can't change just accept!! Ahhhh

I have thick calves too (hereditary, from my dad... my sister has lean, beautiful calves though) they're not fat, but I have a huge muscle or something in there. I took pilates for 16 weeks and noticed how my calves were slightly leaner...now I look MUCH better in shorts and short skirts! Try it, I'd rather do pilates than SURGERY! Pilates stretches a lot of the muscles you work, so if you keep with it, it could stretch your calf muscles too!

:sad: my calves are really muscular from ballet :sad:

these boys at my school said that they were monsterous and were going to take over the world...

that did not make me feel very good

and still now I am self conscious

i've also been called "buff" by some guys referring to my calves :sad:... ahh i'm getting all sensitive now and I want to go cry!

Yes, EXACTLY.

I have a background in fitness and I always try to tell women this, but I feel like no one ever hears me. The fear of 'bulking' up is, in fact, pretty irrational, but few women can actually let go of it. The myth keeps going and going and going....

Running, even some weight training can only HELP you in becoming trimmer!! Go ahead, Embrace it!:yes:

If you feel you are too bulky or too big in the muscle area in some areas.....or whole body....cardio cardio cardio will really work. If you're afraid of running or walking, try the elliptical trainer. Tons of cardio will in fact break down/shred your muscle therefore making it smaller. It does work.

To be a bit more clear, most guys I know love muscular legs (hell, they love not so muscular legs too), so, relax a bit.

The myth makes me nuts! The few women who can actually let go of this fear are women who just do it. Once they see the results of hard exercise or heavy lifting they realize they're fears were unjustified.

EVERYONE in my family was against me lifting heavy weights. My East Asian parents were afraid I would end up looking too masculine. My French-Mediterranean DH was afraid I would end up looking too masculine.

Didn't happen. I look more feminine now and hourglass shaped now. I also look fitter, healthier and stronger. NOW they ALL think it's the best thing I ever did. And these are people who were culturally programmed (generational thing too) to appreciate especially thin and dainty women.

My only regret is that I wasted close tp two decades doing lots of reps with light weights.

personally...I did try to lift heavy weights especially targeting my arm area and I did notice a significant increase in size...so I stopped and now it's back to normal :shrugs:

but I would like to add also that since I started to run my legs are a lot better...it didn't make my calves get bigger at all.

How heavy did you lift? And for how long? I'm just curious.