BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I didn't realize he isn't board certified tbh. They got back to me, they are VERY fussy about the type of pictures you take *eyeroll* but I got a quote for $9000. For Knee complex which covers lipo in my knees and upper calves where I carry most of my bulk :smile:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you plan on doing it with him then? I don't live in Florida so I'd have to add in the cost of flights and hotel.

I'm in England so I have to factor in flights and hotel too. I was also looking at Elixir de Vie Dr. Arthur he has amazing reviews and results!!! I would check out his youtube channel if I were you! Loads of videos :smile: I'm undecided at the moment

I just put down a deposit for RF calf reduction in Taipei. I am looking for a 2cm reduction in each calf (37 cm each), let's see. There isn't much information about it apart from that it isn't super effective. During my consult in January there in Taipei, the doctor did mention it should last me 5 years at least. The cost isn't too much, about 2.5k USD, and since I'm getting sedated I will be doing Thermage and some lasering, and the flight there is about 4 hours from where I live, so I hope it will be worth a try!

Don’t waste you money. It hasn’t worked for my jaw muscle and another purseforumer who did it 3 times on her calves. It will also give you scar tissue which makes it harder to operate if you decide to cut your muscle one day. Little research say it works. It is not proven to work but maybe you’re lucky and it works for you. It is not proven to work, so not a lot of clinics offer RF.

[ near 1 year post-op ]
Hi ladies, it has been a long while since i last visited this forum. Okay, a quick update on my post-op recovery.

1. There is some asymmetrical between my left & right calves, where the right calf which Dr. park took out more, is now smaller and straighter, while the left calve is slightly bigger and more shapely.
2. The scar at the back of my knee is still there, but they are not noticeable unless you look closely at that area. However note that i did not apply any scar cream or any treatment, as i didnt mind the scar.
3. I can do running, sprinting, jumping, HIIT, strength training etc without any problem.
4. Sometimes my right calf feels tight, but there is no pain whatsoever. However do note that because of this tightness, it is a little stiff to bend my right leg.
5. I feel that my lower calves areas got a little bigger (?), maybe it's because my whole proportion changed or it's just in my mind.
6. I have absolutely no regrets in having this operation. I love my new legs and for the first time in my life, i actually think that my slightly shapely legs are quite sexy ? haha
7.The only pain that i feel occasionally, is during my walk to the office in the morning, where I have to climb stairs & slopes during my commute. It could be that my legs are stiff from the night and the morning "strenuous" walk, makes the calves muscle very tight and uncomfortable. However, the discomfort goes away as soon as i sit and rest, and i dont experience it anymore afterwards. I haven't experience any more cramps, nerve pain, or other form of side effects.
8. Sometimes i do think about whether to get a second surgery to correct the slight shapeliness of my left calf, but i really do not want to put my body under such trauma again. So, no plans for second surgery anytime soon.

I have attached my pre-op pic & my current 1 year post-op picture below.

• 2 weeks later...
I know botox calf reduce, what about block nerves to reduce calf musles- no incision calf reduce. anyone have experience this ??

can I know which hospital you did surgery?

How can I tell which parts of my calves are muscle or fat that can be liposuctioned? Does the fat need to have certain qualifications, such as a certain cm of thickness to be able to be lipo'd out?

• 4 weeks later...
Why did you prefer Dr. Jong in Taipei to Dr. Park in Korea and viceversa? Do they section different muscles?

I'm thinking about having this surgery done, as I found a doctor in my country that performs it (too afraid to go to Asia), but I haven't spoken to him just yet, I doubt he performs as many surgeries as these two, and the post op seems simply horrible.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, never ever go for calf gastrocnemius partial resection. I've done my research and read many positive reviews so i decided to do it with Dr Jong in Taiwan. Now i totally regret it! I asked many question related to operation and post-operation treatment, despite doctor assured that the tension will be very minimal after 6 months of operation and the postoperation scars will be just very tiny.. now after three years i must say that the tension is enormously huge, the legs swell in a way they never used to (especially when you seat too long in the office), the size did not reduce, the post-operation scars are very noticeable so you can't wear a short skirt and eventually, the calves changed into unattractive shape! Even hypertrophy of soleus muscle developed which added on more unnatural shape.. Also walking gets painful without compression sleeves which is very inconvenient in the summer. I am very ashamed of myself what i have done even more I am embarrased to show off my legs to anyone. Save your legs and don't believe any doctor who performs this barbarian operation, every muscle of your body is important. For the sake of money these doctors don't tell the real truth and you end up crying dissapointed. However you decide it is your choice, i hope you won't make the same mistake i did.

I am really sorry for that you are not satisfied with the results of your surgery....
I had mine with Dr.park in Korea and i am totally satisfied. He had done more than 900 calf surgery, maybe you could take informations with him for a revision...?

Dr.Park have done more than 900 calf surgery, he is really more expérienced that Dr.Jong. Its why i went with him, after a lot of research. You can also find on Google a vidéo documentary made by The National Geographic on Dr.Park calf réductions, i guess they did their researchs before publishing it.

8 months post-op (Dr.Park, gastrocnemius calf reduction):

I dont have any regrets having the surgery.
It’s not perfect, it’s not that slim but i do now look normal, less muscular and i now wear short pants and skirts!
I do every physical activités i want, running, biking, soccer, hiking and everything is ok. At 6 months, i tried to do jogging and it was painfull for the week after but it was because i wasn’t streatching enough! Since then, i use a timer on my phone, like after the surgery.

Post-op pictures: