BeautyHacker

hmmm why dont we just move on.. and share more constructive information? hehe :tup:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder.. will I get the same remarks too? Some Caucasians blood? lol I actually think thats cool.. hahahah

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

Dr Chuang FINALLY replied to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

OK here's the juice:-

He actually didnt reply each and every question of mine, only replied MOST of it. haha

1. Question: How long does goretex takes to bond with the nose making it hard to remove? How long then to fully recover to see if I like the nose? If I dont like it, will you take it out for revision free? Will my nose be deformed?

Reply:I'm very confident in doing your nose with Goretex. Actually only with Goretex you can get a high but still natural bridge. Usually It takes 2 weeks to be fixed on the bone, and the swelling will be going away in the meanwhile. However you should wait 2 months to see the final result of the whole nose.
If you don't like what I've done for you, I will remove Goretex with free charge.

2. Question: About tip defatting, I read that it may affect blood circulation of the skin? What are the chances of that happening? If it happens, how can it be corrected? For Alar plasty, any scars?

Reply: You will have a linear scar over alar base. It will be invisible within 3 months. About the defatting procedure...I think you won't have any circulation complication because the tip skin is very thick. I have never had such kind of complication in the past because I always do it very carefully. If the circulation is retarded, the only way to correct it is to remove anything in your nose

3. Question: For liposuction, are you using traditional liposuction or Smart Liposuction (Laser Lipolysis)?As compared Face liposuction +botox to the bone shaving, which will give better results?

Reply: We perform traditional liposuction on face. That is a very safe and effective procedure. In your condition I think bone shaving will have a better result than liposuction and botox injection

4. Question: You mean I can acheive perfect gua zi face shape with real malarplasty?

Reply: YES!!!

5. Question: You mean for my nose, 14days and I can go out meet people and they wont realise my nose is swelling?

Reply: 2 weeks is not enough for the swelling subsided totally. However you can meet some people with making up. If you want a full recovery it will take at least one month.

6. Question: For mandibular shaving, how long do I have to wear the casting? You mean after 10days, the swelling is gone and I can go meet people, they wont realise my face is swelling? I heard that I need to be on special liquid diet for 1 month, is that true?

Reply: You should wear the casting in the night time for one to two months. You can also take only liquid diet in the first 2 weeks after operation, then you can begin to eat semi-liquid or soft diet if everything gose well .

7. Question: Fixation taping bandage is like what? Is it a soft bandage?Because I have read that using Goretex implant, the hard cast needs to be used for at least 7 days. This is because the Goretex will widen if not constrained.
Using this fixation taping bandage, will it be as good support as the hard cast?
As mentioned, I really do not want to have a very wide bridge.

Reply: Fixation bandage is soft and STRONG enough to support any implant including Goretex. Now we don't use hard cast anymore because it will restrict circulation and make the swelling more longer. Please note that wthere the bridge is wide or not depends on doctor's hands and beauty sense but not that casting.
8. Question: It seems that alot of doctors feel that Goretex is hard to make a slim bridge. Even with hard cast, it will also widen... without hard cast, it will widen more.Is it true?This is what I have heard only. I want to ask your opinion and maybe you can share your experience.

Reply: That's not true. I can show you some narrow bridge pics with Goretex augmentation on consultation. Goretex can be adapted to individuals. We can talk more during consultation.

9. Question: I would also like to know what are the possible risks and complications for real malarplasty/ bone shaving/ mandibular...

Reply: With morden techniques and facilities now facial bone contouring osteotomy is a very safe procedure. Sometimes wound healing condition will be a temporary problem but it can be solved very easily. The second one that we should pay attention to is bone healing process and soft tissue(cheek) re-distribution. Thats why I will aske you to wear casting and eat only fluid diet before the bone fixation is stablized.

continued below...

Hi Dr Chuang,

Ahhhh I read a comment you made

Quoted exactly" Actually I don't think Goretex is the best material for rhinoplasty. It can be fixed tight with your skin, but that's also negative part. Once if your skin is getting atrophy when you are old enough you might take a chance to have a Goretex show. If this problem dose happen, how can you expect to remove it all? That's why I always think silicone implant is better than Goretex in some conditions. If you don't like silicone in the furture, just take it out!

We don't know if Gretex can last over 25 years becasue this product is manufactured only 10 years. "

Now I am really worried..because you recommended Goretex for me, but you also say that when we become old, this will be a big problem?
And also because its only 10years manufactured.

That message was maybe around April 2007. Or maybe you have discovered more information about Goretex from April till now July? Can you please share with me?
---> Yes I was telling the truth to my client. In my own opinion and experience, I think Goretex is a good material for the patient with a very flat nose but want a defined bridge. In your condition I think you are suitable for Goretex augmentation. However you must know all the birght and dark sides of this material before you taking it. You should consider everything that I've told you and make a choice. If you choose silicone implant I won't suggest a high bridge because it will be look fake on you nose. If you choose Goretex you can get the high bridge you like.

How safe is Goretex actually? I want something that I wont ever have to worry about after years... something permanent.
Is this possible at all?
---> Goretex is quite safe if the result is what you like. I think it is a permanent material. However I really don't know how it will be after 30 years because we don't have such long time experience about this material. All I can say is that if you really worry about this material, just choose silicone implant. Silicone implant has been used over 20 years. All the side effects ahve also been known well.

He also added: "You really need epicanthoplasty even the bridge has been done because your intercanthal distence is very wide.I always do epicanthoplasty first then rhinoplasty later."

So he does Epi then.. nose.

Thank you thank you keenose... you are an Angel!

That was a lot of good info.

the only thing I have to add is he does have those "smart lipo" machines at his clinic. I saw them in one of the rooms. But, I think he uses that only on butt, thigh, stomach... body areas.

I have seem them use your cells to grow your own cartliage for your nose using stem cell technology. It's a big blob of cartiliage. I have no idea why they are not pioneering it now but I guess more research is needed for safety. Bummer. If this technology was immediately available I know I wouldn't hestiate to use it because they are my own cells and what not good than not to use your own cells?

Goretex - in terms of implant rejection if this happens your going to see the rejection happen in a few months or weeks so that an advantage point to see bad things happen early. (don't count me 100% sure if rejections kicks in a few months or weeks) but if this is true then the material can be easily taken out. I think if anyone going to choose rib graft over goretex simply for this one reason of rejection doesn't justify the reason alone to use it.

Thats me! i guess nothing is 100% fool proof, and you're right, the scar from rib grafting sucks.. i think its about 1-2 inches? I still dont know how much Dr T is going to quote too....hmmm

OK I've kinda lost sount whose going where and when now. Whose still going korea/taiwan then?? and whose going Dr T?

oh oh, be careful gals and guys.. i asked about other costs!!

The initial consultation fee is $ 225

Anesthesia, operating room and recovery room is billed at
$ 1200/hr.

For initial nasal surgery it is around 5 hours,

You will need an antibiotic and pain
pill, I am not aware of the cost of that.

This is for Dr T, just the anesthesia cost $$$ x the hour!! OH MY ....

Maskd, when u had your nose done in taiwan, how much did u pay for
anesthesia, probably charged by the hour too?

WHoa, this is getting VERY pricey!!

Hi all,

Been a while since I last posted. I had my lip and eyebrow surgery a few days ago. While I believe the eyebrow surgery was successfully, I think I developed an infection on my lip...I'm going in for the post op check up in about 20 min, so hopefully its just a minor infection.

The eyebrow surgery was pretty much painless, except for the back of the head where they take the hair from. I had trouble sleeping on the back of my head for the past 2 days because of the pain from it... but other than that it was a relatively easy surgery. It takes a lot of time though cuz first the doctor has to take the hairs from your head, then process them. You basically have to get the hairs taken, then wait around 1-2 hours, then get them implanted. But like I said, this whole procedure is pretty much painless.

The lip surgery on the other hand was a lot more complicated in my opinion. Simply speaking, it was quite difficult for me to keep my lips completely clean after I ate and everything. It was also very hard to eat for the past 2 days because of the swollen lips and stiches. Plus, I believe I developed an infection on a particular site because I completely missed the fact that there were a stich there. In short, I applied the topicals and cleaned everywhere, besides that one stich, which was really hard to see. Now its all red and nasty looking.. not a good sight. There was also a lot of pain following the surgery for the first 3-4 hours. I'll let you guys know how the treatment for the infection goes after I go to the doctor in a bit, and I'll write a bit about my other experiences with the two clinics as well as the hotel.

meowgirl,

the 60000 TWD (approximately 1800 USD) included everything, medecine, anesthetia, etc. So no worries about additional cost.

In the US, I know they charge everything separately; It's not just Dr. Toriumi... can get a little expensive.

Hi all,

So it looks like I was just too worried... the doctor said I had no infection. It was just a really badly bruised area I guess. Apparently its really hard to get an infection in your mouth area since the circulation is so good there, according to the doctor. He said it was kind of like when you cut your lip or bite it on accident when your trying to eat. It doesn't really ever get infected because of the circulation.

So anyways, the swelling has gone down a bit on my lips. Its the third day after the surgery, but its still quite difficult to eat and close my mouth because of the stiches.

In my experience, Wishclinic was definately a good clinic to go to. The nurses are most helpful, and provide you with great service post surgery. The doctor was also very nice. I brought in a picture of the ideal lips that I wanted, and he spent time explaining what he thought was the best thing for me to do. However, after he explained his thoughts, he asked me what I wanted to do to my lips, and I felt like he really cared about my input in this situation. In the end, I took some of his advice for the lips, and also combined it with my own ideas in order for him to get a good idea of what I wanted.

The second clinic I went to was LRClinic. The doctor here is very informative. He answered every question I had thought of at the time, and also explained stuff to me that I didn't think of asking. He will make sure you know everything you need to know about the surgery before you go through with it. He even explained to me that because of surgical limitations, the eyebrows will look a little weird if people are looking at you from above. This is because of the method that the eyebrows were planted, and there is nothing he can do about it. However, if someone looks at you from straight ahead or the side, it looks completely normal. He explained that the implanted eyebrows would have to stick up a bit more than the natural eyebrows, because the eyebrows could not be fully implanted from the side. It is also possible to lengthen the ends of your eyebrows. I feel that he did a good job on the procedure, but its also a bit early to see the end results.