BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this thing but I've been reading all the helpful postings. I'm planning to have multiple procedures done and would like to do them at the same time since I can only go on holiday once a year from my job and school. I've heard plenty of feedback from Dr. Chuang's Wishclinic and Dr. Kim fro BK Clinic.

This one is my first choice so far but I can't decipher the website since it's in Chinese (please help!):

http://www.b-c-c.com.tw/Anaplasty.asp
http://www.b-c-c.com.tw/Expenses.asp

Can someone also help me with how the exchange rate works in Taiwan. I

also saw this place Ye Medical in Shanghai that uses Korean doctors but I'm a little unsure if the surgeon that would do the surgery on me is the actual surgeon that's worked on the patients on their website since it's part of the Dream Clinic Team in Korea.

http://www.yemedical.com.cn/en/face11_en.htm

I may have bone surgery revision in order to fix the asymmetry from my first surgery but I'm having a hard time deciding on what surgeons to go with. The first time I've seen many of these websites are from going on this forum. This forum has been very helpful and insightful.

Thanks.

Jez

Hi all,

In my case, one of my eyebrows was the shape and length that I wanted it to be, so the doctor just copied what that eyebrow looked like. I'm sure he is open to suggestions if you want it a certain way. You could say that I did have my eyebrows extended, as in the doctor implanting hair into an area with no hair previously. I didn't really need that many hairs implanted, so I did not do 50 hairs per eyebrow. I think I did like 27 for one eyebrow, and around 15 or so for the other one. He kept asking me how it looked about every 10-15 min while he was implanting the hair, and if I wanted to add anymore hair in other locations. He is open to suggestions, and will do what you want. If you implant hair in, I think it acts like normal eyebrow hair... as long as you don't overpluck it will grow back.

The way the doctor described it, the implanted hairs would look a bit different from your natural eyebrows from above, but only slightly so. I have no idea how different it will look, but I'd show you guys once the eyebrows fall out and grow back in again for the final result.

Also, can someone explain to me why we use cold packs for the first 48 hours after the surgery, then hot packs afterwards? I always thought that cold packs would be the best for reduce swelling, and that hot packs would make you swell.

I'm asian born with a pretty high bridged nose. I often get complete strangers asking where I got my nose done or who is my plastic surgeon. Then there are always the ones who are too shy to ask but just talk about it behind my back. When I sense this, I often feel compelled to have them inspect my nose. It was pretty shocking the first time in college when a guy blatantly asked me when I had it done. I've come to live with the doubts but I often wonder if my nose looks fake. I've always hated my BIG beak cuz there is a little bump on the bridge and it's a little big for my face. Just can't stand my profile in photos! But then I have old friends who love the way it looks (especially westerners). I've seriously considered shortening my bridge and tightening up my nostrils. I just can't stand the big long nostrils. But after researching many doctors from Beverly Hills, I've come to realize that it's not that easy to do a good nose job. Although it may be easier to reduce the nose than to build one up. The ones that I've seen builded up on Asians always look really fake and a bit Michael Jacksonish. I think the nostrils are very hard to do without looking like a pig or have obvious scarring.

What I've always wanted to fix are my single eyelids. However, after a lot of research and seeing a few of my friends' scars. It really made me even more paranoid about the outcome. If my eyes and nose came out worse than I looked before the procedures I would be devastated cuz there's NO hiding it and NO going back!

If u want a smaller nose, I've heard that Dr. Raj Kanodia in Beverly Hills is one of the best Rhinoplasty Surgeons on the West Coast. He is expensive though. If you want a taller western nose, you should try Korea, Thailand, or Japan. For double eyelids, make sure u go to an Asian doctor with a lot of exp. doing new double eyelids not the ones that need tightening. You can't just go to any eyelid surgeon who do eyelid reductions on westerners. It's not the same. I heard that Korea has the best doctors for eyelids. Don't go to Vietnam, a few of my friends came back with really dissapointing results. Spending a lot is no guarantee of great results, but going cheap can be regretable!

Good luck!!!

Ms Jezabel: Go to XE.com for currency conversion. Tried to send u a private msg, but u are not set up for it. I noticed that the homepage had a couple of HK celebrities. The nose jobs look pretty good but I hope the photos are not PhotoShoped. Ugh, wish I could read Chinese! Good luck with your research!

Hi Jez,

Welcome to the thread!

What procedures are you planning to do?

Are you Asian? Can you speak their local language? It'd be best if you can communicate well with the doctor. Thats very important I think.

What did you do.. your 1st surgery?

Hey Howdid,

So did you go to the beautician and ask them to shape your eyebrows prior to the implant? So that the doctor can more clearly see how you want it to be?

huh? So you only did 27 on one and 15 on the other?
So was it still the same price then?

But he did extract out 100 hairs right?
So what happened to the balance?

Wow.. I'm eager to see how your eyebrow looks like!

On the hot and cold packs.
Cold for initial usage to reduce the swelling.. burning feeling...

Then later on hot for improving the blood circulation, and making the bruising better.

I think thats how it is. :yes:

Lucky you! High bridge! Most Asians dont have that.

I guess a good doctor might be able to help you, but you'd have to do alot of research and hear from people how did procedures with that doctor and so on...

I wish you luck.:tup:

You could go to bloomberg for the currency converter too!:tup:

Kimosa, I don't know where I'm going yet. I need to find a job first. I do want to go to Dr. Jung and Dr. Chuang. I'm not an US citizen yet, so I can't get my passport ready in a post office, thanks for the advice anyways. keenose, you going in October? you don't go to school? my fall semester finishes in December!

Hey Nini... yeah should be in October! I'm soooooo over with school. GAH.. I feel old now.:crybaby:

oh nini,

sorry to hear all the troubles. Getting a passport can be a pain even when you are able to get it from the States.

I don't know if you know this already, but because of politics, you also need to get a visa if you are a Chinese citizen... :Push: to go to Taiwan.

But, for those who are American citizens, even those born in China, you will not need a visa for Taiwan. :smile:

Every country has different rules... :sad: make sure you have all the required documents before paying for a ticket!
You can find out if you have all the documents by simple googling. :smile:

Oh yeah Maskd.. I wanted to ask you....

Why did you personally think that Dr Chuang's double eyelid jobs arent that good?
Was it because of the pictures on his website? Did you see his work or more pictures at his clinic?

Also, I heard that he can do some free procedures if you do more than 3 jobs with him. I did ask him about it.. he says he can do some for me too if they are minor procedures.

SO........what ARE minor procedures?:confused1:

where are Dr. Chuang's pictures at? I can't find any pictures in his web site. maskd, once you told all of us that the doctor can put much more goretex into one's nose than silicone, how much is "much more" you saw my pictures before and you know how my nose looks like after the surgery, how much higher do you think my nose can reach if goretex is put in? my right eyelid is still swollen, but my left eyelid looks pretty and nature. maskd, I need your help again. what can I do now to speed up the deswelling? I really need to see some friends now, it's been a month since I hung out last time!!! they all miss me!! and I miss them too!!

Hey nini..

Here's the link.
http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-3.htm

There are alot more pictures.. navigate with the tabs at the TOP and the SIDE.

Yes, goretex can give more height. Dr Chuang told me that too.
Goretex can give more height and STILL look natural. While if you were to go by silicon at the same height, it would probably look fake.

It just depends on how much height you really want.. do you want a high nose? Or ...?

Remember that when I asked him about how goretex could look wide at the bridge.. he told me that goretex can be customized to even make slim looking bridges.

LOL.... deswelling... omg.. I was just thinking of that too.