BeautyHacker

Kaspy, I've heard of people who had really good rhinoplasty done in Korea. I actually wanted to get rhinoplasty done before September, so basically sometime this month. I don't know which surgeons are good so if you have any recommendations please tell me. Plus, I would really like someone to travel with, iunno if you wanna go this early but if you're interested msg me.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl, you are so right!

I totally agree with you. Couldn't have been said better. :yes:

Hi guys, sorry I didn't post any reply lately. I've been busy with my summer school and part time job. It's too late to go back in August and the airfare is too high now. So I figure I would miss a few days of class and go back during end of Sep or early Oct. I emailed a surgeon and he said a week is sufficient for recovery and safe to ride an airplane. But it takes about a month for your nose to look completely natural, so there might be slight swelling after a week and you have to be careful not to exercise too hard.
I totally agree with the "don't be cheap when it comes to plastic surgery", but I know people who spend too much and still look unnatural. American plastic surgeons give me the impression that most of their clients are rich white people. Most Caucasians want to have their nose bridge lessen and their hawk nose tip shorten; but we Asians want to increase our nose bridge or lengthen our nose tip or make our nose more narrow. So it's important that the surgeon works on a lot of Asian clients and understands the principal of changing a face but not its ethnic heritage. (Look what happen to Michael trying to be white.)
That's the main reason why I chose to do it in Asia and yes, because it saves me $$$. :smile:

I have never done anything to alter my figure and am very interested on doing a nose & boob job either this Dec or next year, anytime before March because there is a big event I have to look good for in November 2007 :wlae: I have heard that it can take up to 6 months for swelling to dissapear after nose job. Have never met anyone who got it done, and am too shy to mention it to anyone I know. I am looking for someone who wants to go with me, not sure where going.. not extremely picky as long as I can afford it and it is reputable organization, I guess I am just a wuss :Push: on my own I need support from people who r getting same thing done I guess.
I am a student living in Toronto Canada n feel free to email me

Daniella1011, it doesn't take up to six month for the swelling to go away. Major swelling usually goes away in 1-2wks, and it takes about one month to look natural. The best result would be after half - one year. But of course that depends on what kind of nose job you are having. If you just want a simple rhinoplasty with only silicone or ePTFE implant, then the swelling will go away faster. However, a complex rhinoplasty (one that also changes the shape of nose tip or narrow the nostrils) will have more severe swelling and requires a doctor with very good experience.
I am not a doctor nor a person with a medical education, but you won't believe how many hours I spend prowling on the internet to do research on this stuff so I can get a nose job.

i have gotten both my eyes and nose done. i'm not sure if it's because i got them done at the same time... but it took a couple months (like 6) to look completely natural. i had swelling/puffiness/bruising (i had bruising around my cheek area i think) for a while. plus, you can't wash for face for a few weeks so... it took me like a month for my skin to get back to normal. (i had this done like 3 years ago so i don't remember everything exactly.)

what i suggest you to do is, look for a GOOD doctor if you really want plastic surgery. i've seen a lot of people who have had mediocre to bad eyes/noes jobs and they look awful. lucky, my uncle's a plastic surgeon so i had it done for free! but best of all, i trust him 100%. cheap plastic surgery is cheap for a reason, imo. (but not in my case... hehehe.)

i got mine done in korea but like i said, i think your priority should be to look for a good doctor or not get it done at all.

I never thought about this, but having an uncle as a plastic surgeon would be so nice. :smile:
Sara, I heard when the surgeon perform a rhinoplasty they have to make a cut at the base of your nosetip, is that true? Any scar? And you know how people with real nose can push their nose tip upward but a person with a nose job can't push their nose tip upward because their nose is hard, how does your nose feel now?

i dont think i will get implants because what's bothering me is that my nose looks like Doug's nose! it's half-moon shaped, rounded outwards so it looks alright from a front profile but from side profile you can tell it's trying to jump out of my face :wtf: i always make sure to look into the camera facing it as much as possible to avoid this. i guess it'd be shaven down or something. so i guess i dont need splints, etc? would this be considered a major rhinoplastic treatment?

Daniella, so you are saying you want to decrease the height of your nose bridge? In that case, the doctor will have to reshape your nose bridge probably by breaking the bones in your nose first. (Ouch...hopefully there are alternative ways which I don't know of)
You will need splint for this and it will have major swelling.

having a plastic surgeon uncle = REALLY NICE. having a plastic surgeon dad/husband = not good if you want plastic surgery because they will not do it. well, atleast my uncle wont. lol. :P but there are some things he will not do even if i begged. like lipo. :sad: he actually yelled at me when i suggested it because he doesn't think i need it. anyway, i have no idea where he made the incision. i literally told him what i wanted done over dinner the night before and then was on his table the next morning. i think he cut the inside somewhere near the tip and lifted my nose. i remember thinking to myself, i think part of my nose is in the air. i don't have any scars. and no, i can't make the "piggy nose" by pushing the tip of my nose with my hand. but other than that i have complete control over it. i can move/feel my nose, like wiggle it, flare my nose, scrunch/stretch my face to have vertical nose movement, etc but i try not to put pressure on my nose. i honestly, don't remember what my nose felt like before (i actually got it done 5 years ago, not 3) when i entered college... so... my nose feels like my nose. :lol: