BeautyHacker

i have two friends of who have had this problem and they told me that they had to break the nose and reconstruct it. i think they just had a bandage over their nose for a few days, maybe a week or two, and then they were out and about. but i don't remember exactly. they had it done in hs so i didn't really care for the specifics at the time. lol. i should've paid more attention. :shrugs:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oww that sounds painful, but I think I may do it any way. Been thinking about it for far too long. So I do need a splint then.. hmm, what does a splint do?
for the previous post - did your friends have noticible swelling for months or did it look fine after a week or two after removing bandages?
I read previous posts on going to California to get rhinoplasty done and that sounds easy on my wallet in terms of travelling expenses though I don't know where to start :Push:

Sorry to butt in, as it's really none of my business! :shame: But I think it's a real shame when good looking Asian girls (and boys!) change their appearance, because of western 'ideals'.

I totally understand the desire for change, if someone feels genuinely unattractive when they compare themselves with most other unaltered members of their own race; but if you look inside your soul and realise that it is from a desire to look even a little more Western (however subtly), please think very carefully.

Afterall, with the rapid rise of economies in the East, Westernised looks may not even be considered to be the 'ideal' for much longer!!!

chloehandbags, I agree with you on that one. I knew someone that was obsessed about Caucasians even though he's 100% Asian. He did plastic surgeries to make his eyes big and his nose very tall. And he end up looking like a mix after the surgery. Nothing is wrong with him trying to better his looks. But he believes that Caucasians are more attractive and better than Asians. I think no matter how Americanized you are, you still have to acknowlege and be proud of your own heritage and ethnicity.
I want a nose job because I like to see a more attractive image in the mirror. It has nothing to do with wanting to have a Westernised look. No one can be perfect and there will always be some flaws that you don't like about yourself. But you only live once, so if you think changing a small part of you will make you happy, then why not?

why not... because of the risks that go with every kind of surgery. problems might not occur now, but later on in life.
I can understand people that were injured in an accident and want their old looks back though. I'm just kinda shocked that plastic surgery is considered something normal to have...

ummmmm.

wow there's alot of post from a few new nembers who joined this month, and thier first post are in this thread.

alot of ...

" im getting something done... someone wanna fly with me and half the hotel bill... email me asdfjkl;@alsdkjf.com "

hmmm fishy.

Ditto! I am caucasian and one of my daughters is bilogical and the other adopted from China. Can you tell which is which?;)
Anyway, I hope my little Lily embraces her asian features. My husband,other daughter and I think they are just gorgeous. We can't stop looking at her!!

Your daughters are gorgeous! I don't think she will have problem embracing her asian features, you can teach her to appreciate different cultures at an early age. My doctor who is Caucasian adopted a Chinese girl three years ago. She hired a Chinese nanny to teach her own son and the adopted girl Mandarin and they can both speak a little Chinese now.
It's a great thing you are doing, you must be a very beautiful mom judging from your daughters' picture.

thanks so much for your sweet message. I feel very luck to have both my dolls and try to teach them everyday to love themselves and be happy! I think both are turning out to be handbag fanatics like their mommy as well!

Hi Kaspy,

Can you share your contact? How do you know about him and how much does he charge for a rhinoplasty? Thanks!

let me tell you. I had 2 works done on my nose-both very very small and subtle.
The first was done when I just turned 18 and the other one when I just turned 19.
It was expencisve, both, all together 11 000, but it was totally worth it.
I chose two to have it in a natural way. first I wanted to go to iran as well, as they do seemed good and cheap, but I honestly have to say, that I am happy to have chosen the best doctor in austria.
Let me tell you, my nose wasnt huge to start with but in the first operation I simply got my "hawk" removed and in the second he refined my tip and the prework he had done.
YES, it can take up to 2 operations to get the perfect, natural subtle look!
especially, IF your skin is as thick as mine, it´s a lil tricky.
ALSO, PLEASE do NOT use any implants! My doctor simply used cartilage(sp?) from my ear(behind of it) to form a subtle, finer tip and let me tell you noone can tell its not real.Plastiv implants tend to stick out more and look fake.
The problem with implants is that they CAN change over time or get rejected by the body over the years-even if it looks good in the first year or two.
If you need any help or advice on good doctors in europe, let me know.

regards

it depends ont he skin. IF you have thick, oily skin(especially arab, persian, some japanese people)it can take several month to be perfect.