BeautyHacker

Hey guys! I've been researching (or at least attempting) rhinplasty for a while now. I plan to do it sometime in may/june 08. I plan to do either Dr. Jung or Dr Park (ozclinic).

Anyway here are all the sites I've found of plastic surgeons that are in Korea (a few are only in Korean, maybe you can try to call and see if they have english speaking staff or get a Korean speaking friend to check it out/go with you? [[remember to click on english to get the english sites!]]):

¿ÀÁîŬ¸®´Ð (¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú Àü¹®) (Doctor speaks/writes very good english. No problems with communication.)
¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú - BK¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú¿¡ ¿À½Å°É ȯ¿µÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
¿¬¿¹¼ºÇü Àü¹® Ŭ¸®´Ð! ½Åµ¥·¼¶ó ¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
IAAN Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Clinic, SOUTH KOREA (keropi, i think this one may be your best bet)
Cosmetic nasal surgery clinic
LOOK PLASTIC SURGERY
:: Á¦¸²¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú ::

This is the reason I dont want to do it in the states:
Asian Rhinoplasty (the nasal tip) - Bermant
^ Theres no difference! And her nose looked better before.

A little Q&A. Lots of helpful information.
Questions & Answers - Cosmetic Surgery by Dr. Joseph K. Wong
Rhinoplasty 4 You - Rhinoplasty Patient Education & Support Network
Selecting a Qualified Plastic Surgeon: Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Philippines (Says Phillipines but still it sounds like good advice.)

I thought this was quite interesting:
Repose Frontal View
See the Asian girl's nose? She still looks Asian but with a fab nose! xD

A lot of people seem to be taking/recommending Sinecch:
SINECCH™, the Arnica Montana Formulation by Alpine Pharmaceuticals for Post-Surgery Bruising and Swelling
It reduces the swelling and bruising so theres less down time. Great if you want to actually do some shopping overseas while doing rhino PS

Take all things with a grain of salt. Remember to do your consultations and prepare lots of question so in the case of a bad nose job *knocks on wood* you can great post-op care.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey numberlinh!
Thanks for the list, it was very helpful of u, I had a browse thru the internet and was also interested in Ozclinic and IANN clinic too! I think they seem resonably cheap and reputable. R u def going in summer 2008? Cause Im hoping to go at the end of this yr or beginning of 2008 as that is the only time I can go. It would be great if there was someone else who can come along to have a nose job done too, then at least we could keep each other company. Ive found quite a few cheap hostels/hotels in seoul. Has any one been to either of the clinics I've just mentioned? Any good? Also, are most of the rhinoplasty ops /augmentations done via the closed method? Id rather no have a scar that is visible to ppl. : D

Hey keropi! hmm I like people who seem informed and do their research, and you certainly do seem informed!

So I'm guessing you want to go during the winter? It sounds good, especially since the tickets will be SOOOOOOO MUUUCCHH CHHHEEAAAPPPERRR. xD I had to emphasize. But unfortunately I've made this plan with another friend of mine and we planned for a spring/summer trip. But I'll see if she may want to change her mind, as college students DO get a lot of time off for winter break (I'll be a freshman in uni next year).

I've actually only found one cheap hostel/guest house and one moderately price (The one Dr Park from Oz Clinic recommends). 0.O You do good research. xD

I'm not exactly too informed on the open or closed incision methods as I dont really mind scars and a good doctor wont leave you with any visible ones. xD

Are you from the states? I'm somewhere on the East Coast..xD. Anyway even though I live in the states, I really love reading blogs from people overseas (or maybe its BECAUSE I'm in the states). You should check this girl's blog for some interesting personal entries on her nose job:
Xiaxue.blogspot.com - Everyone's reading it.

But make sure your nose doesnt end up like this girl's! She looks white...and its not that attractive:
clapbangkiss's Xanga Site

Ask a lot of questions! I was bothering Dr Park on his consultation board, I might just chose him in the end, hes such a funny guy xD.

Bein azn guy myself, i am attractive, not cuz I think so, bcuz girls tell me so, black girls, white girls ,azn, brown etc..always sayin im a hottie, i live in a NON-AZN town,still i get girls no problem. Strong cheekbones, rugged jawline, and a sleek nose n i guess bein 6' tall n 170 Lb muscle build pays off too.

I love my heritage and i love being AZN...

But i understand for the "others" i mean i guess i cudnt imagine being a shorter azn guy with a 130 pound body,dey honestly do get teased n outcasted. which is sad to see. Just the way america Media poorly portrays those types of asians. I guess I wud get surgery too then.

Lets be honest here, when your a full grown guy and your the same height and weight as some girls from other races it must be embarrassing !
The only way to make up for it is to look good.

PPL only get surgery for two reasons.
1) You are unhappy about yourself and your self image is ugly
2) You do it to improve your career like celebs do.

So y do I want surgery? jus like da quoted said, better image in mirror, and since imma be modeling,
I have a better chance of landing more jobs if i had a better Features.

dont get me wrong my features r good, just cuz be even better with plastic surg, like most models do.

I aint like that dude mentioned above who was just desperate to change looks jus cuz his idea of beauty was western idealistic.
I wanna do it because it would help me make more money modeling.

if i wasnt into modeling. i would stay the same n be happy! rather spend 3 grand on my car than a cut and a stitch

Bein azn guy myself, i am attractive, not cuz I think so, bcuz girls tell me so, black girls, white girls ,azn, brown etc..always sayin im a hottie, i live in a NON-AZN town,still i get girls no problem. Strong cheekbones, rugged jawline, and a sleek nose n i guess bein 6' tall n 170 Lb muscle build pays off too.

I love my heritage and i love being AZN...

But i understand for the "others" i mean i guess i cudnt imagine being a shorter azn guy with a 130 pound body,dey honestly do get teased n outcasted. which is sad to see. Just the way america Media poorly portrays those types of asians. I guess I wud get surgery too then.

Lets be honest here, when your a full grown guy and your the same height and weight as some girls from other races it must be embarrassing !
The only way to make up for it is to look good.

PPL only get surgery for two reasons.
1) You are unhappy about yourself and your self image is ugly
2) You do it to improve your career like celebs do.

So y do I want surgery? jus like da quoted said, better image in mirror, and since imma be modeling,
I have a better chance of landing more jobs if i had a better Features.

dont get me wrong my features r good, just cuz be even better with plastic surg, like most models do.

I aint like that dude mentioned above who was just desperate to change looks jus cuz his idea of beauty was western idealistic.
I wanna do it because it would help me make more money modeling.

if i wasnt into modeling. i would stay the same n be happy! rather spend 3 grand on my car than a cut and a stitch

And another thing that bugs me..

y do ppl always say that asians r wanting to become more american.or WHITE...like WTF!! is that.

DO we say to white ppl getting nose reductions they want a more asian face? an asian nose? NO!
do we say that to white ppl getting thier cheeks rounder? NO!!

so ytf is it like that the other way around?

americans think the world revolves around them and worst of all some unproud asians aim to look white..
which is fukin SAD
u might as well be like a micheal jackson..

Proud to be AZN right here !!

if for any second u unproud to be azn... go **** urself
u can get 100 surgeries n still wont look it fool

dont mean to be rude here, just trying to get some azn pride in ppl again

Hey!
Wow so much useful information has been posted up since, thanks numberlinh for that! I really do hope you end up getting your perfect nose in the end as you def know where to research it!!

keropijennifer I also want to go this year (pref when the flights are cheaper too - can put that into the cost of hotels) you mentioned you were in UK too, I should be able to be your nose job buddy if u want to go this year?

.. sorry for the underline thing, cant get rid of it!! :P

Hey ppl! This forum is getting more and more interesting! I do agree with u Ackilees about the fact that ppl always say that asians r changing their features, whether it be their nose or eyes to become more westernise...but its never the other way around. I do think its wrong for those ppl to say that, but there will always be discrimination in this world. This bothers me too, but I just try not to take it to heart, cause there're simply too many ignorant ppl in this world. Im proud to look asian (in the UK, we call ourselves oriental), infact a number of caucasian girls have actually said they preferred my nose to theirs, cause its petite (its def not flat, just not as huge as white noses) and cute like a button nose. I would like to alter it slightly because I lack self confidence, or one could say, I aim for perfection, as do celebrities. I dont want to look more western, funy enough, the white male friends I have, they all prefer asian girls to english ones! : D As long as we know we're not changing our features to look more westernised, whether american celebrities try and change their features to hve rounder cheek bones or have smaller noses etc.......as long as we're proud of our race, then lets not let these things get to us! :biggrin:

Hey Numberlinh! R u really sure u cant change ur dates? Just to let u know, I dont live in the States, I live in london in UK, and I'm graduating this sep (hurrah!), so I'll be free fm oct onwards, but because I'l have to get a job soon after, I would really like to get my nose done before I work, otherwise, its gona be v v difficult to recruit like a month's holiday. So sometime before xmas, (in dec, or late nov if need be) is the only time i could really go, altho, nothing's definate, as it really depends on my job situation. If you want to fiind cheap hotels in seoul, I think this was the website I was on:
Seoul Hostels | Seoul Youth Hostels, South Korea
I think the cheapest ones were like ~$30 US, so if anyone can find a cheaper one, please tell us! :biggrin:
I just had a quick look at the two blogs, oh my, that girl does look like an eurasian, quite pretty, but u knw wat...i cd tell she had a nose job and something done to her eyes, they dont really look natural to me! n I wonder wat she'll look like wen she gets old, wen her skin starts to thin and sag! That implant is gona look really obv and stick out wont it?

I think a lot of the surgeons (or at least the ones I interested in getting my nose done in S. korea) do do both open and closed method, bt I'm only willing to do the closed method, cause I only want a simple augmentation done and using the closed method is fine, and with the open method, there may be more bruising, swelling and it may take longer to heal, and I know my skin type, things takes YRS to heal. I know Dr park fm Oz clinic does closed rhinoplasty, cause it states it on the prices section. I wonder if he's had much experience, cause there's not many photos of nose jobs on the website, whereas the Dr Jung one....there were SOOO many, but i aint even gona consider Dr Jung,...WAY too expensive for a poor post grad like me, who is already paying a fortune on tuition fees!! >_<

Hey Meowgirl!

Great to hear ur from the Uk too and Im really happy that u can be my nose buddy!! It seemed like most ppl where fm the States....Which city do u live in? I know the flight tickets will be cheaper in nov, beggining of Dec, but DEF not during the xmas holidays, as it will cost a bomb then, so il prob have to spend xmas there. Then I hope to spend another month in asia before heading back to the UK to work! So the 1st thing I need to do, is to find out how many ppl can go during the time i can go. Be great if there cd be a few of us....all going to get our nose done! So meowgirl, wat r u plans? ^_^

Wow this thread sure is taking off again! =]

ackileez I totally understand where you are coming from. Its kinda like most/some of the South Koreans who get plastic surgery. Sure they end up getting eyes with lids and a higher nose bridge thats slimmer, but no one really goes and points, OMIGOSH she/he looks white! OF course not..they still look Asian. Its the whole, ethnic plastic surgery thing. Having PS and yet still retaining your "Asian-ness" xD.

Yea, I mean..that girl looks REALLY cute and all. But its not natural at all. Bad PS, shes actually starting to look at lot like plastic.

Yea Dr. Jung is really really expensive but hes got a lot of experience. Dr Park also seems to be quite good. I guess the lack of pictures may be due to patient confidentiality perhaps?

Keropi unfortunately I will definetly be going in the summertime, so sorry! But now at least you and meowgirl can communicate/PM each other to arrange times to meet and disucss the trip =].

So what does everyone plan to have done? I want to get narrowing of the dorsum, alar, bridge implant, lengthening, and tip. Sounds like a lot, but thats what its gonna take for me to have the nose I want! xD

finally this thread is active *so i joined asap lol *

Ive been doing a lot of browsing on the internet for a plastic surgoen that specializes in Asian rhinoplasty from the states.
I came to a stop when #1 the results were too unnatural #2 the prices :wtf::wtf: .

So im considering surgery in Korea,Tokyo etc..seen amazing results.
We should all buddy up and get the surgery done together.

and thank you numberlinh for the links.

Heyhey girlies!!

First of all - Im so annoyed I dont live in the states, seems that numberlinh is the nose job guru here and I would have great comfort if all us girlies were going together!

keropijennifer I am currently working in London, so the problem with me is getting more than 2 weeks off (even 2 weeks they kinda hestitate - due to my strict labour CEO!!) So I dont mind when, Christmas time seems cool whenever flights and our london airports doesnt go all choatic again!! I live in Kent but I'm in london most of the time.

Again I'm warming to having it done in korea, but have any of you gals in the states heard of Charles S. Lee website is Enhance Plastic Surgery - Charles S. Lee MD - Los Angeles, CA - Home He seems to be on alot of tv shows and the press seems happy with him, have any of you who live in the states considered him - might be better as hes in your end of the globe?

Mind you, those pretty korean actresses I see always makes me turn to surgeons in korea! Dam I wish I could speak and read korean!!

p.s the girl on Xiaxue.blogspot.com - is there a picture of her before her nose job so we can compare? If there is -ooops, i just skimmed through it!

As for the other girl with the 'too western' nose, yeah I think it looks WAY to plastic- but I do like the pointyness of it!!

I think the perfect asian woman is Kelly Hu - dam shes so pretty I'm soooo jealous!!!

No she admits she photoshops all of her pictures so there arent any pictures of her actual real, pre-op nose.

Yea that girl does have a cute nose..too bad the PS is so noticeable. xD

There are so many good looking Asian stars..I cant pick just one..xD But I have to admit, my favorite Korean Actress is Jeon Ji-Hyun. Shes so pretty and a damn good actress too!

And to those people who thanked me, NO PROBLEM! :smile: I just wanted to minimize the amount of time to find surgeons and stuff. And people are always talking about things on these boards/forums but then never provide links! That bothers me. xD

Glad you think I'm a nose guru, but really, I'm just a super paranoid girl who wants to make sure I get the best treatment/PS for my nose. Haha xD Always take everything with a grain of salt. That rhinoplasty4u site had a couple of really good questions to ask your plastic surgeon.

Hey moody! Glad you decided to join =]. Yea when I decided I want to get rhino and started research..wow, the prices here nearly gave me a heart attack. And then when I saw the before and after pictures I was like..uhh. EW. Better to spend money somewhere where its more likely you can get a nose you want that still fits your face.

numberlinh do you know (roughly) which surgeon you're going to go with yet? If Dr Jung wasnt that expensive would you prefer him?

Im just abit concerned that at the end of the day finance is the key of deciding which surgeon to go with.(which I understand BUT this is a permanent thing and its going to be the central feature of your face) Would you be prepared to save up more (longer) to go to him or is it the case you want it done next year and cannot wait?