BeautyHacker

Oooh I see... but dont they need to do the nose.. to see how far in it pulls our eyes? (free epi) then do the eyelids?

I thought it would work that way.

I was wondering about this hair implainting thing.. are there such things as hair implant DONORS? If someone is bald and needs hair implant.. he doesnt have any hair to extract.. except maybe his pubic hair.. which I guess no one would want those ON the head or face.....

So are there donors? lol

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdid,

You probably know all of this information already... but just in case. This applies to eyelash implant.. but you can assume similar for the eyebrows.

• Mild swelling or bruising in the eyelid area may last up to 2 weeks.
  • The absorbable stitches in the donor area may take up to 1 month to dissolve completely.
  • The new lashes will typically shed in the first or second week after surgery. This is normal, because the hair follicles enter a resting phase after implantation.
  • It takes about 6 weeks for the transplanted follicles to start to grow—and about 10 months before the full result can be seen.
More info is found at:
http://www.plasticsurgeryproductsonline.com/issues/articles/2007-03_02.asp

I healed a lot faster than they said.. buet everyone is different... but if you are in your 20's like me... you probably shouldn't be swollen/bruised for longer than a week. Oh.. you can't see the dissolvable stitches.. so don't worry.

The nose job makes parts of your eyes swollen immediately after the job. It won't even look like you have a nose bridge for the first few days because it swells that far; the entire area will be raised. The doctor should be able to know how much the nose job is going to pull at the eye anyway if he's any good. The eye job does not make your nose swollen. So eyes first, nose second.

Also, if a person's nose looks good at two weeks postop, usually this is a bad sign. Read what Toriumi (one of the top nose surgeon's in the world) has written about this. For a good looking nose, the nose will look very large afterwards.. if the doctor does not make it big, later when it scars, the skin and internals act like shrinkwrap.. and your nose will either look very fake, pinched, or even collapse. So, you actually want an ugly big nose for a month after.
If anyone opts for goretex, be aware that your nose will look too tall for a while because this material shrinks over time.
Plus, Asians have, what doctors call "reactive" skin which means more swelling due to surgery... so if it looks big initially, don't worry too much.

Hi all,

Thanks for the info maskd. You've been really helpful, along with keenose. All my questions have been answered, now I just have to wait to get it done. So when is everyone else going to get their procedures done anyways? Or is everyone else like maskd, and are experienced veterans in this field already?

yeah, I guess it is alar plasty,keenose. I have Chinese passport, not sure if it's easy for Chinese to go to Taiwan since the tension between Taiwan and China. Dr. Chuang is so sweet, he replied my email again. it's rare such busy doctor would always take time to email you back with useful information.

Well looks like my plans have changed again. My bf was supposed to go with me around Christmas time but tickets are way too high around that time & it's just going to be too hectic.

So we were planning on going right after Thanksgiving but then he doesn't know if he can get off for sure & so I am just going to stick with my original plan of early December for about 2 weeks. I will call my bf tomorrow morning before I head to the travel agency & make sure he can't get off during Thanksgiving.

I have read good reviews for Dr. Jung & most people are happy with their nosejobs from him. But I haven't read any bad reviews about him for the nose tip procedures. They all seem happy with no scarring so far on that. Anyways, do your research, email the doctors, do some consultations, I'm sure you'll find a good doctor that way.

Nini - will you be going after Christmas time or can you go earlier?? :happydance:

hehe I see...

Sometimes I wonder, how do you know so much?

You're like a PS guru...

MUACKSssssssss thanks for being around!:P
(I am NOT les)

Cool....

Thanks again! Would it make sense to extend my eyebrows at the end.. and probably fill up the middle part with implantation?

Now I'm at the point of wondering if I really do need certain procedures.. or is it because I'm going.. and I wanna do all that I can do.. to save the trip. :graucho:

Did you read the post Kwell did at sg forum?

He said his friend did Goretex for his nose. At 2 weeks it looked good.. then it collapsed at the bridge, making it curved.

Anyway, he gave a report that 3-4 Korean PS did about Goretex material using on rhino jobs. That its a highly unstable material... and so on.

He said Goretex will SHRINK! which is what you said too... that really sounds scary!

I mean... shrink over time? It keeps on shrinking and shrinking?? By the time we are 40.. there will be no more bridge??? I'm freaking out.

So generally, it means to say that alot of korean PS feel that goretex is NOT suitable for nose jobs????

No problem.. we're happy to be of any help.

I am planning to go in October! :smile:

I am thinking.... of maybe setting aside the first few days to go around EATING .. shopping.. then go for the PS.

But it depends on what I am doing anyway. If its just eyes and nose, then it doesnt matter.. I can do after.

Good luck!!!!! You are already in Taiwan?

Oh you havent got the US citizenship?

GRRrrrrrrrrr Dr Chuang is showing favourtism!!!!!!!! LOL (jus kidding)

Anyway, he has YET replied to me...thats from.. Jul 24th till now. :crybaby:
Guess that means I have alot of questions....

Kwell did his nose with Dr Jung..he is not happy.

He has friends who did it nose job with goretex... he hasnt said which doctor it is... but they are SUPER unhappy.. because the nose collasped and the nose tip is not projected as far as they wanted or something.

But I've heard that Dr Jung's stitching is really good..

Personally, this is my opinion. His friends did not go to Jung. From what I hear, he is one of the top surgeons for nose in Korea... and works with the worst revision cases and manages to fix the impossible sometimes. I can't imagine he would make such a mistake.

Anyway, any good doctor should know that you have to make the nose extra big... because when the internal scarring happens, it contracts like shrink wrap. If it looks good early on like what you said about kwell's friends... then when it shrinks, there can be some damaging results.

Goretex does not keep shrinking and shrinking. It just happens in the first few months, that's why noses seem really high at first with goretex. The aesthetic advantage of goretex is you can add a lot more height with it than you can with silicone, without risking extrusion, visibility.

I know a lot of this stuff, because I research a lot. I read a lot of medical studies, and online papers.

keenose, when you get the email back from Dr. Chuang, will you share it with us? :nogood: Thank you!

Dr. Chuang's stitching is really good also... super small and very neat. I've seen a lot of photos for stitching, and also compared to most docs, it is better. I remember vaguely him doing my epicanthy... it like lasted for 10 seconds... or so it seemed... and I felt his motions were so swift and steady... when I looked at it in the mirror afterward, I was really impressed by how small and even the stitches were... even how they were trimmed...