BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

Thank you very much for replying. The information is very helpful!

@Itsumobaby and cherryzz: thank you!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rachy888, can I know why u wanted to do revision after your eyes surgery at chungdam u? Can you can share with me your experience? I'm worry that you brought that up.

Thanks lots! :smile:

Hello Weick~ do you mind send me before after pic of the surgery?
I'm interested to get revision in IOU
I have high fold (around 10mm) because of previous surgery.
please email me [email protected]

Hello Weick,

I've the same problem as soutic, please send me your b&a pic as well.
I would be much appreciated. I promise I won't share your pic with others.
Thank you in advance.
My email is [email protected]

As many are talking about Dr. Chung and Dr. Kang, this is what I did. I went to Dr. Chung first for epi reversal then I waited around 1 1/2-2 months for eyelid revision with Dr. Kang. Don't go for eyelid revision first then epi as you will have to wait longer to heal to get epi reversal done. Dr. Chung even states that epi reversal will help lower eyelids. Honestly, I visited Dr. Ahn too and I would not recommend him. He is a grumpy old man who has a cold heart (at least to me). His nurses had to tell him about the difference in my epi during consultation as he wasn't able to see it. It was quite frustrating and he knew he wasn't going to operate on me. I could just tell that he didn't want to and barely diagnosed me. I still ended up leaving paying the $5 consultation fee that he charges everybody.

Dr. Chung is super super sweet. You can tell he is serious about his work and he told me exactly how many mm I needed reversed just from pictures I sent him. Later when I arrived in Korea the measurements he told me in the picture were exactly what he told me in his office. With Dr. Chung's surgery I do feel a bit of tightness... hope this goes away. I was planning on doing a thorough update once my eyes heal a little more.

From Dr. Kang's surgery though.. my eyelids feel really deep and I feel neck pains from cranking my neck up to see. Is anyone experiencing the same problems? He won't respond to my e-mails which is so frustrating. I still wear my glasses everywhere though as I don't feel confident enough to reveal my new eyes.

Also, for those thinking that I work for these Dr.'s.... I don't. Im just a normal girl living in the States that had to go through what many of you are going through. Its tough traveling to Korea, but hey if I can make it ~2 months in Korea with English as my first language and speaking Korean at a 5% rate... you can do it too. :smile:

So so happy that you are finally here! Thanks so much for sharing. Because i think we're quite similar, i need to get revision surgery for my epi and also eyelid as well. Thanks for telling that you think Dr.Chung is better because i was actually wanted to go for Dr Ahn, phewww.
as for dr kang, would you recommend him? I was quite disappointed that when you said he didnt reply your emails and your eyelids still deep? one of my biggest problem is my deep incision line:sad: now i've to start thinking whether can he really able to fix my problem. its really frustrated because i've no idea which doc is good at eyelid revision, i only know dr kang and he is the doc which mentioned the most here

btw, i wish u a speedy recovery and you deserve a round of applause because i knw going to korea and went through all these is not easy at all! God bless you and pleaseee come back to share more because we all need you badly here!

God bless u for sharing this! I agree dr Chung is a very sweet person, I don't need epi reversal but I consulted him on something else before. I wish you a beautiful and speedy reversal too! Update us soon again please : )

Hi bellz. My friends and family love my eyes. But they looked natural. Its much bigger and better and not sleepy. But im greedy. I want higher folds and deeper crease.

He everyone
I am a new member here. I have been reading pure forum for long time. Thank you for everyone who give a lot of information and share experience on eye procedure. Last year I did have primary double eyelid surgery at Teuim clinic with Dr Kwon. I had Megi Epicanthoplasty +double eyelid and excisional skin, lower blepharoplasty also. But unfortunately I am not satisfied with my result because my eye crease are not good define at all. The eye crease has sprit in the end. It's seem the crease has not strong enough to hole the eyelid. Now my height crease has decrease a lot. It's look like I have not had double eyelid surgery. My friend look at me and said your eye look like have not been done any surgery. That's mean didn't improve looking eye at all. I am not sure I should be sad or glad. My eye look so natural like before I've done surgery. Anyway I decide to have revision eyelid surgery again to improve my eye crease for good define looking eye. I am planning to go Seoul again next year around begin April 14 and stay for 8 nights. I am looking for anybody who are planning to go there same this period. Please let me know. We can be buddy up and good company for moral support. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I went to IOU for consultation with Dr.Kang today. Unfortunately, I don't think that we clicked. Initially, I only thought about having revision on my left eye because it's a bit unnatural compared to my right eye and I wanted to make my left eye similar to my right eye, that's all. I never bothered about my right eye before, I like it and the crease size is right for me. However, today at the consultation, Dr.Kang pointed out that I had a lot of problem with my right eye too, he said I had ptosis which he told me that I could not see by just looking directly to the mirror (?) and he told me that I had high crease. My current crease now is 2mm when the eye is fully open which I think is not high at all. A lot of people even told me that they wanted their folds to be higher than mine. And he talked me into having surgery on both eyes, which I never never thought that I needed before.He said that if I only have surgery on my left eye, he could only improve it by 50%.

They quoted me 3.8 mil for one eye and 5 mil for both eye. The price for both eye is expensive but ok, however, price for one eye is ridiculous. Before I had surgery with Dr. Kwon and he only charged me 3.2 mil for eyelid revision, ptosis correction and epi and my eyes improved a lot after surgery with Dr. Kwon. I was actually very happy with my revision result but now after 4 years, they start looking a bit different.

I am so confused now. Can anyone, especially those who had surgery with Dr.Kang before, give me some opinions please. Do you think Dr.Kang is the type who recommends unnecessary procedures? Do you think that the risk of he messing up my eyes is high, especially I actually like my right eye and don't really hate my left eye. I have to make decision soon but don't know if I should follow his recommendation or just stick to what I want to do initially?

BTW, today I also dropped by Teium and it looked like the clinic is closed for good. Another doctor was already there to set up his clinic at Teuim's place. Really feel sorry for Dr.Kwon - he seems to have very serious health problem.

I'd say stick with your gut. 2mm is actually just right.

Today I went to IOU again to request another consultation with Dr.Kang but it was lunch time so they asked me to come back after 1 hour. One thing that concerns me is that the clinic is always empty (as opposed to what others described before) and the staff there (consultant and reception girls) is unfriendly, they never smiled, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

Hi winterntht,

My situation is similar to yours in that I only want to correct one eye...How did your second consultation with Dr. Kang go? and have you checked out any other clinics?