BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Deepeyes:

Hope your recovery is improving!

Regarding the crease, Dr.Kang tends to make hidden and small crease ( he suggests 5-6mm). i want 6mm. Do you think that's just his personal preference or is there any technical issue he's not able to achieve for higher creases?

I really appreciate your response!

He did 7-8mm for me. . :smile:

Hi Sadeyes!

It's been a while since you posted this. I am planning going to Dr. Kang in Feb. I have the same concern about the crease height because he prefer 5-6mm smaller creases. Are your happy with your result now? Did your eyelids settle down to 2mm which you like?

Your response will be highly appreciated!

I forgot my email [email protected].

Thank you!

Hi Jin 77!

First I want to thank you for sharing your valuable experience with IOU.

IN terms of crease size, you chose 5.5mm. It's been a while since you had op. I wonder if you are still happy with your choice or it is too small ?

I am going to see Dr. Kang next month. Your response will be so highly appreciated!

My email is [email protected]

All the best wishes to you!

Hi everyone!

Dr. Kang from IOU is so popular here. He got a lot of good reviews except few not so great ones.

I have been doing a lot of research from different perspectives of origins because I will be in Seoul next month. No doubt he is good. However there is one thing bothering so much is none of Chinese knowing him. I joined lots of forums and QQ groups. I asked a lot of Chinese interpreters and the answer are either he is OK or never heard. I know they all like to introduce the clinics are associated with them. They can get commission. I heard a lot of bad stories complaining about them. But one interpreter told me a lot of girls from Singapore like to see him, which might be true because i am aware of that.

Dr. Duhan Sin from Duhans clinic is very popular in China. He is so popular compared to there. You know once somebody had good experience with one doctor, we all follow them. But I just want to open minded seeing other doctors besides Dr. Kang to compare both opinions to support my decision.

Dr.Shin's website :http://www.doublefold.kr/htm/reinfo_09.php . Unfortunately the website doesn't have english version.

He has a lot of b& a pics. I like them more than Dr. Kang's. Dr. Shin only does eyelids revision and fat grating. The whole website almost talks only about eyelids revision and fat grafting. There are so many pictures. I love all of them!

If you can't open it or if you want to find more pics, please drop me email and let me know.

My email is [email protected]

Please give your valuable opinion if you heard about him .

Hi dear,

Can you ask you more information about dr cho, I heard t he is 70 some years old, is it right? Can you also email me before and after pix? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I'm not sure. At the first consultation and the final consultation before surgery he said he'll make mine higher than 6mm. He suggested it because he said over time the skin will sag and eyelid will get smaller. But after surgery it came out to smaller than 5 mm and it's actually getting even smaller. I asked after the surgery for a week what mm he made my eyelids. He avoided the question many times and finally told me he didn't take / write down the final measurements and he didn't know. I was surprised he would forget to do something in 30 min and I had entrusted my eyes to him.

My personal experience with Dr Kang is that although he was nice with good manners his work seemed sloppy and careless. I have a hairline split at the end of my eyelid which is very weird looking and line is very thick and visible (I'm 6 months post op). Also he didn't stitch me up properly which caused a small polyp on my skin. I went back to Korea few months later and he cut it away but I still have a bump where the stitching was sloppy. I don't have keloid skin and don't scar easily and my line from previous surgery was hardly visible but this time the line is thick and long with split ends.

As another forumer said he is not well known in Korea. He is overrated on this forum and is using that to overcharge foreign patients. I'm Korean have researched on Korean sites and have friends who have researched a long time for revisional surgery and they've never heard of Dr Kang at IOU.

He didn't botch thing up for me. Just that nothing came out the way he said it would. Other doctors said they could improve my eyes without fat grafting since it's dangerous. Dr Kang insisted on it and all the fat went away. My eyes are not that even and on one side my skin hangs over my eyelid too much. He said I will probably have to revise that eye but I'm too scared to go back to him.

For anyone who is thinking of going to IOU I would suggest broadening your research outside of this forum to be safe and set your expectations right.

Weick: Thank you for your extremely valuable opinion and coming back sharing your experience with us !

I totally agree! We should broaden our research. No doubt, he is nice person. His technique may meet some of the patients' expectation. Based on the reviews, his website pics (before pics are better than after reversed mono lids ), I don't understand why he always tries so hard to convince his patients to have lower crease. Personally I like lower crease too, especially after having high crease for so long. But i am worried about going to the extreme opposite. Right after the revision it might look good temporally, but it could end up droopy mono eyelids after healing.
I am starting to question his capability of making higher crease with his technique.

Anybody agrees? Let's discuss and help each other, especially those who had surgery with him before. Highly appreciate it !

You are welcome to drop me email at [email protected].

In terms of fat grafting, I want to share with you all from other doctor's website.

If you have sunken eyes, and the doctors suggest you to have fat transfer, it should do fat graft first. Let the fat settle down and establish for three months ( the same concept as transplanting plants). Then do eyelids procedure. That totally make sense! If you do the fat transfer and revision at the same time. It is hard for fat to stay.