BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

Hi Dear,

How is your double eyelid recover now? Is it good?could you share more experience with me?

Thanks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Thank you for the detail information!

I am now 20 days post op from my revision from IOU with Dr. Kang. Immediately after I saw a significant difference and was pleased with the results. However, as the bruising and swelling subsided a little I could see many things wrong. Dr. Kang was suppose to lower my creases with the non-excisional method. Unfortunately, he did take skin from my left eye causing it to feel very tight and I may never be able to close that eye again. I already could barely close my eyes prior to the surgery. My left and right incisions are very different in height and shape. My left incision is very lumpy. I believe that is because he took too much skin from that eye and it was probably very difficult to sew together afterwards. My right incision flares up very high to the outside. That incision though is smooth. It looks very awkward when I close my eyes or look downwards. Also when I try to close my eyes all the way my eyes tend to flip upward. Extremely uncomfortable. When my eyes are open, my eyes look okay. My mistake I think was to have him do scar revision the same time as the high fold correction. I believe he was trying to blend the old scars with the new scars which just made things worse. My old scars were very asymmetrical however they were actually flat and smooth and I could cover them with makeup. And over time they would have faded even more. Now the new scar on my left eye is lumpy and I will not be able to cover that with makeup. And I think the only way to remove it is to excise it. And again I don't have any more skin to excise.

I also had fat grafting done. Pretty much most of that is gone. My eyes again look pretty hollow.

Dr. Kang is a very nice person and reassured me that he could fix all my problems. The staff was very nice as well. But in the end it is about the results and the skill of the surgeon. I think I would have had a much better outcome if I just had him lower the creases and did some fat grafting. I should have just waited to see what the scars looked like afterwards to see if I needed scar revision later. In addition, I should have asked to see his markings on my eyes. I believe that would have given me a better idea what he was planning to do and I could have addressed any concerns at that time.

I do look better than before and I wasn't expecting perfection but I did expect the incision to be smooth and more symmetrical. A little asymmetry is always inevitable but not as much as I am left with.

I didn't have an exact number on the crease height. I wanted it to be low and natural. Unfortunately, Dr. Kang said that he could not give me as low as I wanted. I actually would have liked to have a hidden crease but I don't have enough skin. I still think my creases look too big and I'm hoping that as the swelling goes down they will decrease more and the little skin I have left will drape over them.

So all in all I am pretty disappointed with the results. I pray that my eyes will improve in the next 6 months. I really do not want to go through another revision. Sigh...

Hi Jgar,

How come dr kang didn't do non incision on both eye? Did u ask him why? Is your eye still swelling now? Cuz I see some ppl say swelling will gone 80% after 9 day. Hope you be well soon!

Dr. Kang was suppose to do non-excisional (different from non-incisional) surgery. Non-excisional means he does make an incision but not take any more skin from the eyes. It doesn't seem he took skin from my right eye but he did from my left eye. I am able to compare photos from before with current photos to see the distance between the eye brow, the crease, and the eyelash line. I still have a lot of swelling. He told me that in two weeks most of the swelling should be gone. Not in my case.

i think it might be a little too early to see your final result. i am sure it will improve with time. have faith!

i just saw this post and its exactly what i would ask. good questions.

Are you still unable to close your eyes? Do you have dry eyes resulting from it? After my revision, my eyes have been unable to close completely and I developed dry eye syndrome. I have pain, blurred vision, constantly blood shot eyes, I always have to put in eye drops and night ointment, and can never wear contact lenses (I live in glasses).

I just want to warn that if you undergo another revision your eye closure will be worse because of the scarring that will hold the eye open. Please proceed with caution! If I could take back time I would not have done a revision because I would choose my health over my looks.

Hi Milktoki,

Did done your eye revision through dr kang also? I heard that is no skin cut out, but why is your eye can't close completely? Did the doctor advise you that your eye will not close completely before the surgery? I'm so scare now, I was thinking the without skin excision is very safe, cuz I don't have enough skin too.

I did not do my revision through Dr. Kang. However the doctor I went to also told me that he did not excise skin, but even still I can't close my eyes. The doctor did not advise me that my eyes will not close completely.

So I think even not excise skin, but they still need to remove the old scar then sew it back. That is why the eye can't close.

I read many comments on dr. Kang IOU and I'm very interested in seeing him. He is very good at double lid revision only? How about first time (my sister case ) to do double eyelid? Lateral and epicanthoplasty? Ptosis?

(My case) I did double eyelid non incision 6 years ago now the creases are smaller (because i'm getting older lol) my creases are like close at the inner corner and open at the outer. I never know how eye revision can be difficult and need to be very careful. I'd like to have a thicker crease. So Im risking not be able to close my eyes? Because the doctor needs to remove the excise skin from my old scar? I wonder if I have less fat on the left side than to the right will I experience asymmetry? I remembered my left eye with less fat had bigger mark after my first surgery. My rims were shown abit more than before that I dont feel comfortable not wearing eye liners at the rims. Luckily my eyes dropped now so as the rims not showing. Is this normal? What happened to my eyes?

Thank you guys

There are plenty of fantastic plastic surgeons that do excellent double eyelid surgery in the US -- mine (Southern California) is half Japanese, speaks it fluently, and can do the procedure in office at a significant savings.