BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

I decided not to have surgery at IOU this time. I will check out a few other clinics until when I find a doctor that I feel comfortable with.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to IOU for consultation yesterday, I was surprised that dr kang could not speak English and that made me wonder who responded to my email last time which signed off with his name..do u mean he can write but cannot speak. Anyway the clinic was empty like what u mentioned and I agreed with u, the staff are not so friendly..

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but have been reading your posts for the last three months getting information. Thank you to all who have posted their experiences. I had my first double eyelid surgery over 20 years ago. The surgery went well and I loved the results. At the time I thought I would never have to have another surgery. But the last few years I have had a lot a problems with my eyelids. So I had my second eyelid surgery a little over 4 months ago. The doctor assured me that he knew how to work with Asian eyes. However, he lied to me and performed my eyelid surgery like he would have with someone with western eyes. Now my eyelids are so abnormal looking I don't leave my house. I emailed Dr. Kang a couple days ago. I was worried because some of you were saying that he did not reply to your emails. I emailed him at [email protected] and got a response from him today. I was impressed with the email because he answered each of my questions. He did say that I should wait 2 months before having surgery again. I will be needing fat grafting, lower crease, and scar revision. I was happy to know that he can do the scar revision the same time as the eyelid surgery. So I will be planning my trip to Korea for January. I wish a very speedy recovery to all of you who have recently undergone surgery. Please keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It has been 5 months since my revisional surgery with IOU Dr Kang.

My double eyelid is still very deep although it is much better than before. DR kang cut a higher incision line for me and I could see that my eyelids is still folding at old incision line...think thats the scar tissues.
My eyelid is not folding at new incision line yet.

I wrote to Dr Kang 5 times during this period and each time he assured me my depth is due to scar tissue and I have to wait for 8 months to a year. I am grateful to his patience and kind words each time. Despite his busy schedule he will still reply to me definitely. Very different from the clinics I went.

He practice after his clinic name IOU = I love you.

I really hope that my scar tissue will go away quickly and folding at new incision line so that I look like myself again... original and natural eyelid.

Hi deepeyes, good to hear its much better than before and thank you for updating us. :smile: im curious, drkang did non excisonal method to raise ur fold? Means currently you have two incision line and its folding at the old one instead of the new one?

Hi Cherryzz

Sorry I still don't know what is non excisional method. Because I like my crease height and I think originally mine was 8mm. Dr kang cut a higher line at 8mm above my 7mm incision line . Until now it seems to fold at 7mm line..

My case is different from most who had their folds height decreased.

Non excisional means no skin removed:smile: um, you said your crease is folding at old one, does that mean you have two scars now?

Thanks. Did u use kenacort A-10? It is cream or iv injection? Thought this is for keloid scars? Where can I get?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jennlynn,

Thank you so much for your post and am glad that you found good doc to correct the issue with your eyes. Will you kindly share your photos of before and after? I cannot pm you so here is my email address: [email protected]
Thank you so much for sharing such precious info.
God bless.