BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Those of you who have already had the surgery - I'm wondering how you reply to people who ask about it. I know we might have different reasons for doing the surgery, but I'm trying to come up with a set of answers so I don't feel so uncomfortable when answering questions.

Things like:

What happened to your eyes?
Why did you do it?
But you looked fine before!

Just curious as to how you would answer these :smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I've been following this thread since the beginning and now I'm all caught up! Please keep me posted - I forget, which Dr are you going to?

I've decided to get my DES done by Teuim (just been emailing them, no consult yet but flight booked for early January) I'll elaborate later!

Hi! I had mine done by Mr Stanley Loo in Auckland, NZ. I'm going for my 5 day post checkup tomorrow, everything seems to be going well so far, and no pain at all - very surprising!

I changed my flight date to early January too for various reasons (MERS, business, baby, and the North and South fiasco). Everything just kept getting pushed further and further back but I don't think I can wait any longer than January. Keep us updated after you've made your consultation appointment. Thanks.

I am an Asian Girl originally from North East Asia, andmoved to North America when I was really young.
Due to Asian media especially, where all the girls are nowsporting extra-large looking eyes and wearing enlarged pupil lens and eachlooking like Bratz dolls------------> I get to admit, I really want to gounder the knife as well to get these huge looking eyes, to improve my look evenmore (the stupid thing is that, I already know I was pretty, but I want tobecome even more sparkly----------- so my greed get the best of me) .
So I went to Corea: And I had a really terrible experienceat Pitangui Medical & Beauty in Seoul, Korea. ----------------->This ismy first experience of going under the knife and it turn out to be a nightmare.
I went to Korea just for epicanthoplasty and lateralcanthoplasty on my eyes and the results was a disaster. I have to fly back toKorea six months later to get fix my eyes back to the way it was before at anotherclinic for an epicanthoplasty and lateral canthoplasty reversal. There is alarge hole on each of my outer corner of my two eyes, and large scars on theinner corners!!! Not only did I not getthe results I wanted for my eyes, my eyes were ruined (I don’t want to be a superficialabout my physical appearance, but I am definitely way prettier before mysurgery-----------> thus I became really depressed, because not only did myphysical appearance not improve, I now sport two giant holes on my outer cornereyelids. I also have to work in labs with chemicals, so I have to endure for along time where my eyes are so sore and it hurts!!!)!!!
Not only did the main doctor from Pitangui denied that therewas any problem, he told me it was completely nature to have a hole at each ofthe outer corner of my eyes!!! Completely BS!!! First time I visited him, ok hedoes not speak English, I am ok with that because there was a translator. Thesecond I visited him for post-surgery complication, he becomes really unfriendly,rude and not happy in his tone of voice when speaking in Korean, just because Ihad some question about my eye results (my sister and I waited for him for30mins and he only saw us for 2mins max to discuss about the problem, he saidwe have to go after two mins because he have meeting to go too, wtf????). Basically,he completely dismissed us and told us that there is nothing to worry about.
So I went to another clinic for the Reversal Procedure tofix the problem!!!!
Do not go to Pitangui, there service at first is ok and theymight look professional, but if there is a problem they will not help you andwill dismiss you entirely.
I am posting this because I don’t want others to go throughthe same experience as I went through…
Note: I have also learned my lesson after this painfulexperience----> is to never become greedy about anything and your looks is definitelynot the most important!!! Your health and well-being is the most important!
Thx for listening to my rant!

Sorry about your bad experience

I'm also going back to Korea for eye revision from non incisional surgery.

May I ask you which clinic you ended up going to for your procedures reversals ? And if you would recommend it to us ?

Thanks so much

To lolipop32Swiss (#863):

I went to Eve Plastic Surgery. The doctor there speak pretty good English and I think he did his MD and other trainings in the US.

The time I visited him, he was really calm and nice (not like some the other Dr at Pitangui who just want to hurry you off) and actively listen to my concerns and answered all my questions.

My lateral cathoplasty reversal was pretty good and is around 75% back to looking like my original eyes, and I am considering to fix my epi-cathoplasty back in the future (I do not want to get it all done at once, because I am now kind of paranoid and do not want to ever do plastic surgery again).
So yes, I would recommend Eve PS to people who are in my situation, but I do not know if whether or not the Doctor know how to do the Reversal for double eyelid surgery (since I did not do a double eyelid procedure). But you can go there and talk to the doctor. Also for Revision, do not expect that you can get 100% of your original eyes back, usually is around 75-85% like your original eyes.

Oh, and which clinic did you to before that you got your non-incisional eyelid procedure done that did not turn out well?

Good luck

I've contact DocFinderKorea lately and Shin recommended me these 2 clinics and doctors. Have you get a quote for what you doing ?

Mind to share where did you done your DES ? I've been recommended to go thru DEL with ptosis as well and unsure does it really a need for ptosis and the price isn't cheap.

Anyone having bad experience with DocFinderKorea ? I've engaged with them and get quote for about 10m for DES and nose job with clinics option of Banobagi, Regen, ID and JW. Is 10m too pricey for DES and nose job and myself worry if the agent is just wanted to earn high comm that's why recommend me to these few although he says they are the best, safest and most secured. They even get my personal details to register to the clinic in order to get a better rate, I'm not sure how true is it. He assured me the price I walk in and the quotation he provided is about the same or even higher. Right now i'm so confusing and my planning is to do it this coming Nov. Appreciate anyone could advise. Thanks.

10m is daylight robbery for those procedures...

DES usually runs at about 1.5 - 3 million won (depending on what you're doing and how you're doing it) and rhinoplasty can start from as low as 1.5 million won for plain silicone up to about 5 million for rib / cartilege.

4 million is very high. Most clinics advertise their DES around the 1.5 million won mark.

This article in the Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo suggests under 2 million won is the norm for DES in Seoul:

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/05/28/2015052801396.html