BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Day 9

I forgot to say that my calves really started to get itchy especially at night time. It started to get itchy around the fifth day, Now the area behind my knees also itch, and it hurts to scratch around it too because there is where the cut is, The brusied is starting to fade, but my right leg amd foot are still pretty swollen. When I walk or stand for too long, my heels and the side of my feet starts to have nerve pain. I walked for an hour today to shop and eat for a bit.I've just measured my calves. Left33.5cm right 34.5cm. 32cm is the most desirable size according to my height to calf ratio (20% of my height)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ffxlulu
It has been 2 days since your last update
Is everything ok?
How are your calves now?

Hi Cloudwall,
Thanks for asking. Here are my updates:

day 10
Went for checkup again. The nurse gave me new bandages and did aspiration on me. They kept telling me i have to make sure my lower belly has to touch the wall and relax when i stretch. Amy told me to wait for an hour before going to the spa since i just did aspiration. I went to spa lei (all women bathhouse) for the whole day and stretch very thirty minutes. The spa is amazing and its quite close to young dong hotel. There are a lot of heated rooms for me to detox. I started to really allow my lower stomach to touch the wall when I stretch. It's hard especially when you wear a bra. How can you relax??lol

Day 11
Woke up with stiff calves which is normal. I do feel better when I do squats. There is so much to do. Stretches, squats, massages! My calves are really getting itchy. I scratch them like crazy and now I have ecezma on my calves, behind my knees and ankles. I use ice to relieve the itchiness since my skin starts to have rashes and bumps. It gets really itchy at night time. I wake up from time to time because my calves feels discomfort from muscles contraction. I really crave to sleep without the pillows elevating my legs. I went to isadong and went to a hanbok studio and took pictures! It was a really fun experience! My walking is very normal now when I walk in wedges. But my calves get tired easily and my walking will start to slow down and that's when I know I need to get back to my hotel. I still cannot walk normal in flat shoes yet, especially when I sit for too long.

Hi Summershimmer

did you also do the calf surgery with Dr Park?

If so, did you inform Dr Park that your calves have gotten bigger again?

I think it will help if you ask Dr.Park to give you some antihistamine to get rid of itchy skin. You are the first person writing about this issue (itchy legs) and I am not sure if the other girls had the same complain or not! I have a history of allergy (skin rashes) and I was figuring out if it would come up in the post op-Oh my god! How far I have gone thinking about this op- until you wrote about your itchiness...then I felt better thinking if it happens in my post up, It is not abnormal and not necessarily related to my allergy!:smile:
So, thanks for your detailed info. Also, thanks for recommending the wedge sneakers cause I was wondering if wedge sneakers are useful in the post op while having those swollen feet!

Hi babyangel11!

I believe that a long time ago, you complained your legs got bigger after the op...then you didn't show up again! I asked you about it but received no answer back...maybe cause you have done this op many months ago.
Anyway, I was wondering if you still have this complain.If so, what is Dr.Park's opinion about it?! Actually Im gonna do this op and my calves size post up is one of my concerns!

Hey joojoo,
Ya I also got the same skin allergy problem before too! I think it got something to do with nerves, because it still itches really bad after I got my new bandages.

Day 12

The itchiness on my legs woke me up and i kept scratching my legs. I went to the women university area and shopped and ate a bit. It is super difficult for me to walk over there due to the steep slopes. My raises of my right feet are starting to feel numb. I brought an anti itchy cream from the drug store but i don't think it's strong enough. I hope Dr. Park will give me a better cream tomorrow. My right calf is feeling stiff compare to my left calf. I did not stretch a lot today.

Hi ffxlulu,

Thank you so so much for all of these detailed updates! They are so helpful, and your progress sounds like it's going very well overall, so it's also reassuring! Thanks for posting the pictures. What a difference! Your legs look lovely and natural, and I'm so excited to see the final results after the swelling and bruising goes away. Keep sending your updates, you've definitely accumulated some loyal fans :smile:.

All the best!

Hi ffxlulu!

Hope you have gotten rid if the itchiness!
Also hope you are more satisfied with your new legs. We are waiting for your updated calves photos!
please post them once you think they have changed from the previous photos!:coolio:

No problem cranberri! I have been following this thread for a long time and it really gave me a lot of courage to do this. I totally understand how our calves really affected our lives and we would be much more happier with Slimmer normal looking calves. I'm glad my posts and pictures helped a lot of you guys. I will definitely update you guys.

Haha sure joojoo!

Day 13
I woke up from the itchiness of my calves. I started putting s lot of those anti itchy cream and started massaging my calves. It definitely didn't itch after. The itchiness went down and is better than before, I had check up today with Amy. She did aspiration for me again. My calves are getting stiff, probably because I go out everyday. Today, I've decided to wear flats and go out. It was a big mistake, because my feet and legs hurt quite bad due to the swelling. I definitely cannot go out with flats, I'm pretty sure I would be better off wearing sandals. (I have wide feet btw) The sides of my right feet still continue to hurt due to nerve pain. It hurts more when I elevate my legs. The bruising are really beginning to fade, there are still some bruising left around the knees. My calves are slimmer but They still look big to me.

Here are the pictures of my calves for day 13:

s17.postimg.org/tv7iaw08b/image.jpg

s17.postimg.org/br4hq92jv/image.jpg

The bruising are gone from the back of my legs, but there are still some bruise areas around the inner side of my legs. My legs are still swollen. The size of my calves did reduce to the point I will have the guts to wear dresses, but I still want them to be smaller. It still looks big if you look at them sideways. I forgot to take picture of my calves from the side before surgery, my calves look alright from front and back view even before surgery, but when you look at them from the side, they are super big and don't have a nice shape. My hope is for my calves to look good even from the side view.

I also worry abt the looking of my legs from the sideway :sad:
Anyway, i think your legs look straight from the side now.
I want a slim and straight leg to wear legging in the cold days. When i wear legging, there are some musculars bulging out backward. It looks so arkward and terrible :sad:
Hope that after the op, my legs will have better shape

This is my legs from the side, so bowed!
Did yours use to look like that? @ffxlulu ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376149925.966646.jpg