BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys Seems like I’m late to the party, I’m a guy and I want to get a calf reduction done, I’m still deciding between park and jong (along with everyone it seems lol) do any guys have experience with this procedure? I’d be going alone maybe sometime this winter and I’d love a buddy tbh. Is anyone going around then?

• 2 weeks later...
GirL. your legs are perfect, you couldn't have gotten a better result!! Do you still have to wrap your legs now 8 months after surgery, and if not, for how long did you wrap them? Also does anyone know if you're meant to keep stretching forever or just the first year during recovery?

Thanks!
Wrapping is to get the better results possible. My goal was only to be normal, the muscle part was removed and I am already satisfied. But Dr.Park advise to wrap 24/24 the first year and longer if it is possible.
I would say that for me wrapping was necessary 24/24 the first 2 months to prevent swelling. After that, I met someone and for 4 next months I was wrapping in the day only and I was taking off the bandages to sleep. .... Now I am single and it is summer, it’s hot, so I do not always wear them.. maybe half of the time. I bought compression stocking, to get the calves in a normal shape and put the bandages on top of it. In the first weeks, I had swelling days where I had only the bandages, not correctly wrapped, and at the end of the day, my calves were in a odd shape, cause my bandages had loosen up in some parts. Dr.Park told me that bandages are more tight than stockings, but I bought 25-30mmHg and it seems similar..

Stretching: 9 months post-op
I now stretch 5 times a day, 1 min each time. I needed more than that in the first 6 months! If when you stretch and you feel that your calves are tight, it means you need more stretching. This is really important for the recovery and the long term flexibility.

Are you thinking about going forward with the surgery?

I am glad to answer your questions!
That being said, before going forward with any calf reduction method, I would strongly advise you to do a lot of research and reading, if you don’t want to have any regrets with your decision considering this is a serious surgery.
If you look at Dr.park website and you read this blog from the beginning, you will see what are the options and have a lot of great answers provided by all the girls who are enough kind to write a post-op diary. Thanks to them, I read this forum multiple time before making my decision!!! It made me confident that it was the best thing for me.
Dr.Park is in Korea and operate in a private desk. He have is own surgery room. You can see him in a video, doing a calf reduction on google in a documentary made by the National Geographic, in his operation room, the one that I was in.

The options:
-Botox : do not work, expensive and temporary solution. I tried...
-Liposuction: do not work for muscle, do the “pinch test” to evaluate if you have fat.
-Radio frequency muscle ablation: not really practice anymore, results uneven, scars in the muscle.
-Radio frequency nerve ablation: most commun technique, temporary results, nerves Will grow back, satisfaction in the firsts months, and regrow after.
(The gastrocnemius surgery is more difficult if you did RF before).
-Gastrocnemius surgery, removing surgically a part of the muscle: This is the permanent, most effective (and most scarring) technique. This is what Dr.Park an Dr.Jong are practicing.

To be an expert in any kind of surgery, you have to practice, a lot.....

Dr.Park, Korea: had done around 900 in his career, I haven’t see bad review on the web (maybe there is some written in Korean?). I saw a bad review on a jaw surgery, but since it was a different surgery, I didn’t considered it.

Dr.Jong, Taiwan: I don’t know how much he has done but I seems to be only few a year (from a comment I read on this forum), some are satisfied, but some girl didn't saw a big change, some hade long terms consequences and the scar seems to be big.
Dr.Liu, US: Had been doing a lot of Botox and RF nerve ablation in the last years. I meet him.... He had only done around 20 gastrocnemius reduction till now but he seems to be interested in this technique, I am sure he will be better in the next years. He went in Korea recently to do formation. He uses a different technique, 2 scars. One in the top and the other in the bottom of the calf, scar are more apparent... He kind of removed a part of the muscle, more precisely, instead of removing the inner part of the muscle by tearing. So less swelling, better recovery, more precise results, but worst scar and lack of surgical experience... I considered him but I decided to go with the more experimented and went with Dr.Park and I do not regret my decision.

I've been thinking about surgery and reading this threads for months now but I don't know wether I should do it or not. My biggest issue with my calves is the bulge from the inside, kind of the same shape you used to have. I've seen pictures of people who've done surgery with dr Park, who yes have gotten much smaller calves, but still have the bulge left. Someone in page 50-55 also wrote how Park only touches the first 1/3 of the calves, my calve muscles or the bulge I have is in the middle part of my calves. GirL., your legs turned out very straight which is exactly how I want mine to turn out, I'm just scared that they won't. I can't justify this surgery if I will still be left with the inner part sticking out, so I'm still unsure but it helps seeing other peoples pictures. If it's not too much to ask, can people who've done surgery with Dr Park or Jong, post before/after pictures here? I know there are some in the thread but many have also been deleted :sad:

Hi, pages 50-55 are around 10 years ago, his technique probably improved since then. The bulge is usually caused by the gastrocnemius muscle and it is precisely what Dr.Park remove, he do not touch the soleus. I specifically asked him that I wanted the muscular look to go away. I didn’t wanted to have the smallest calves possible, but only remove the bulge, and I am very satisfied! The results of Julia A are very good too!
Did you contacted him? He could answer personally your questions. Maybe he can send you before and after pictures...?

You have to be sure of your decision, because the post-op is hell in term of fear, pain... but I couldn’t be more happy with my decision to go forward with this surgery! I enjoy summer, go to the beach, wear short pants... I feel like I have a normal life again, I do not have to hide anymore.
People couldn’t imagine a calf surgery, so nobody suspect that, but many people have asked my if i had lot weight ;) i said yes.
My biggest fear was to do not recover at 100%, to have long term consequences and have regrets, but everything is perfect. I do not see a difference in all my activities.

hi Julia
may I ask if you've done the calf reduction with dr park in Korea? Iv been always conciuos of my calf muscle, I can't wear skirt coz mine id bigger than my husband. I did consultation with one doctor in Germany but he only do selective neurectomy or nerve blocking but I read some bad effect after coz you might have hytrophy and he also do resection of muscles but it kinda scare me. In Korea they are more famous for this and I am willing to fly in Korea fo this but I really wanted to be sure if this is worthy to do it and how was the recovering?

hello ,
your leg are perfect. do you think dr par is the best in Korea for this kind of surgery? I'm planning to come in Korea and seeing your pictures, I have the same problem so I really want to get rid of this but im not sure if dr park is the best one.

he
hello prince
im planning to do the calf merle reduction with dr park. can I know what surgery you've done and some picture please

hello
I went to Germany " days ago and he offered me selective and total resection but its quite scary . selective is denerving but I heard it will grew up again so for the bulky calves, partial resection is the best. how was your surgery ? where did you have it done?

hello nyra,
how was your operation and what did you have for surgery. ima sin grew up in Italy and so I speak Italian swell. unfortunately this kind of surgery doesn't exist in Italy.

your legs is beautiful now .... im planning to go to doctor park as he is on of the best calf reduction all over the world who can give the legs you always desire. im scared but I will make it