BeautyHacker

My experience with BANOBAGI

I am 3 weeks post op chin osteotomy and lower jaw reduction. Confirm still look like fat Amy and have an awful double chin:s Also still cannot feel one side of my chin.

I think it's pretty normal like this at this point in time

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jamie,

First off, I wish you all the best with your road to recovery.

How much did you end up paying for the v line surgery at Banobagi?

Are you staying at their guesthouse?
How much do they charge per night and how long are you allowed to stay there for?
Are the guesthouse usually packed and can you book it in advance?

Sorry for the flurry of questions right after your surgery.

Thank you for sharing your experience HJ88. This is interesting and at the same time, scary to read. I thought all the major swelling was mostly gone in 2 weeks. Are you getting any post operation de swelling massage treatments for it?

Ohhhh hell no!! Haha definitely not gone. I am still (to me) quite obviously swollen. Maybe people who don't know me just think I am an ugly girl with my fat lower cheeks and double chin haha but to anyone that knew me they would be like, "what's going on here". I would not want to be meeting anyone who knows me right now!

Yes, I'm getting weekly massage and laser treatments. And I'm taking arnica, bromelain, vitamin C, rutin, multi vitamins, fish oil, papaya enzyme tablets, rubbing arnica cream on my jowls and drinking heapppps of pineapple juice. I was also eating lots of pumpkin soup the first two weeks.

Thanks for the info! My side profile is terrible right now.. Just hope it will go away fast

Do exercise daily to help decrease the swelling ^^

I ended up paying 11million KRW but I had 3 procedures
1. Zygoma reduction
2. Jaw reduction
3. Genioplasty

yes I'm staying in their guest house. It is $30USD a night which includes a meal a day. I an staying here for 3 weeks and it is not packed. Probably because may/june is not the peak period?? It is pretty decent considering the price paid. There're shower facilities (shampoo soap provided), laundry services, water vending machine, microwave and pretty much everything you need.

and yes you can book in advance ^^

That is to cheap! do you have to be doing your surgery with them to stay at their guest house or is it open to the public? Are there medical facilities just in case something like a medical emergency?

Don't forget to add "think happy thoughts" to that list. I understand, we all heal differently so it's only a matter of time until you get out of the Fat Amy stage of swelling.

Like you , I'm worried about people who know you and questioned those Fat Amy swelling are more than just 2-3 weeks of holiday weight especially if you are of normal weight to begin with. Instead of leaning out a bit for my surgery plan in a month time, I might have to pig out a bit until I look plesantly plump as a precaution since I can only take 2 weeks off work to heal.

Their guesthouse are right next door to their main practice and from what I have read, the minimum requirement is that you have to do a major surgery with them which requires a day or 2 of hospitalization.

I,m glad to hear back from you.

Ahh, the price are within my expectation since I'm using the v line quote from ID and if they are considered the top 3 plastic surgery hospital then the price range from Banobagi shouldn't be that much of a different.

Your reply pretty much settle my final choice for surgery. All I have to do now is get a quote a nd book my consultation/ guesthouse and plane ticket within the week.

Thanks you for answering.

Oh yes, definitely happy thoughts and avoid all mirrors:P

Yeah there is no way my swelling could pass as weight gain - it just looks too strange. Lucky I don't see anyone I know so I'm not stressing. It will go down when it goes down.

I'd probably come up with a (reasonably plausible) excuse as to why you're swollen though before you go back to work because at 2 weeks you will still look pretty awful.

omg im so scrared now.. im too going to work after 2 weeks. do you thing they'll notice. you wouldn't mind sending me a pic? do you have kakao?

If you look anything like I did at 2 weeks and your work colleagues know you reasinably well then yes, it's really obvious. There's no way people won't notice something is weird. Even now people who know me well would be able to tell something is not right.

I still can't talk 100% properly either (but that's due to the t-osteotomy. If you dont have that procedure you might not have that problem).

Also, depending on what surgery you get at 2 weeks post-op you probably won't get away with eating normally among work friends (if that's sthg you do with them). My eating still looks a bit weird and I've got stitches in my mouth that restrict my full movement.

I'm not saying that to scare you, but just be prepared.

No I haven't bothered taking pictures of the swelling. I'll do proper B/A when I'm fully healed.

Hello! I'm new to this forum, just created an account after seeing this thread.. wondering if anyone's going to have procedures done at banobagi around early june this year? Would be nice to have some company seeing as it's going to be rather scary :S

Hello! I'm currently staying at banobagi guesthouse (till 11th june) I can accompany you :smile: do you have line/kakao?