BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this post ChicagoSteph really has made me start looking forward to getting out there and having this done. I am so happy for you that you can look at your legs and feel good I know how amazing that must feel. I am going on my own as well and you have really helped me calm the nerves:smile: Don't know if you have any photos that you are willing to share? If so PM me and I will let you have my email. Thanks.

It's been approximately 4 months since my surgery and I just want to share my results from the surgery with Dr Park of OZ Clinic.

I am 158cm, 45 kilograms, and my calves were 34.5 cm and 35 cm respectively before surgery.
Now they're both consistently 31 cm. More specifically, if I wear stockings, my calves are about 29cm. When I wake up in the morning (legs not elevated & no stockings during the night), they are 30cm. After a whole day of walking (with no stockings), they are 31cm.

So I'm going to take it that the final result will probably be about 31cm.

I still wear the stockings intermittently, but no longer elevate my legs when I'm sleeping.

However, while my left calf is completely 'business as usual', I still feel some pain & tightness in my right calf at times. I still need to stretch intermittently, if not my right calf feels uncomfortably tight.

Up until about 1 or 2 weeks ago, my legs still swelled whenever I walked alot, giving me 'cankles'. But that has since resolved.

My entire recovery has been very smooth, and I would strongly advise those of you who are going for the surgery to wear comfortable flat shoes as much as you can, during your entire recovery process in the first 3 months. I was naughty :P and wore heels quite often, and that significantly set my recovery back! (might have affected my results too, but there's no way of verifying this I guess)

I also have the tendency to lean my body weight on my left leg when I stand, which means that my right leg didn't get straightened out often enough. This largely explains why it is recovering at a slower rate.

So, yep, do your stretches diligently, don't wear heels, and straighten both legs consistently!

All the best for your surgeries!

Dear ChloeLeah

Thank you for the advice. It is so helpful to have this kind of information of what NOT to do as well as what to do. It really seems like the stretching is so vital and I will be stretching from the minute I am able! I am so happy all is going well for you and wish you a fantastic recovery. If you are able to share any pictures please PM me and I will send email. If not take care and thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone actually had the calf redution surgery performed by dr jong in taiwan? I'm impressed with his site's before and after pics and have emailed him direct to ask what effects the operation has on post op walking, exercise etc but I'm a little worried about the language difficulty i.e. can he explain to me what the after effects of the op would be - pain on walking etc? he has just given me the email address of one his patients though so i can't wait to hear what she has to say.

hi, you're the first posting i've found who's actually had the muscle resection op. i am desperate to have it as i have manly 36.5cm calves though the rest of my body is slim. i look like a man in drag from the back if i wear heels with a skirt, just plain ugly. could you please tell me what size your calves were pre and post op? my biggest concern is pain after the op - not immediate, short term pain - more the kind that might happen every time you walk long distances or exercise after the op. i'm not an athlete but i do like to walk long distances occasionally and take exercise classes - would this be a problem or cause me pain? thanks for any advice you can offer.

hi guys
i've been in touch with dr selvaggi by email too as i was excited to find someone nearer the uk who could carry out the op. however, from what i could gather, although he'd traveled to korea to watch an experienced surgeon do the nerve cutting op, it didn't seems that he'd carried out many ops himself. and as you said, he's not doing muscle resections at all at this time. i appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere and that we'll only get surgery in europe if we support this guy and put ourselves forward for the op with him but i don't want to be a guinea pig! ANYONE HAD THE OP WITH HIM YET?

Hi there. i am desperate to have the muscle resection but worried about having surgery so far from home (which is the UK) and also about the possible effects on walking and exercise after. i'm no athlete but i do like to walk with my young family and to take a couple of exercise classes each week. my calves are 36.5cm, they look awful from behind or from the side when I wear heels. doeS anyone have before and after phots they could post please?

hi alana, do you mind me asking whether you have much pain when walking or exercising? my calves are 36.5cm and look horrible from the back and side when i wear heels with a skirt. i would love to have the op though it's a shame there are no experienced surgeons in europe. what were your pre and post measurements please?

hi there. this is my biggest concern about the surgery. is is just weakness that you're feeling or pain too? can you walk ok?

hi there! i've been in email contact with dr jong from taiwan but dr park's name keeps coming up. have you had your surgery yet? my calves are 36.5cm at the mo, so manly when i wear heels, which i love to do but not if you can see my calves. i would love to have those thin calves with no muscle bulking. i'm just concerned about teh effect the op could have on walking/light exercise in the mid-long term. can anyone let me know their experience? does stretching help very much?

oh kren i really feel for you. you must be feeling torn - i know how much you want the op - i do too - but you can't help but ask yourself - is the risk really worth it. is it better to have muscular bulky calves that work and do what nature intended or to have feminine slim calves that look great in heels but maybe don't work well and cause you pain, even when walking. such a tough decision but you're very brave to have followed your heart. i'm sure you felt very emotional, esp being there alone. brave girl.

hi there - glad to hear that you can walk long distances still. how long are you post op? what were your pre and post op calf measurements please?what does bounce mean?! are there any things you're not happy with post op?

hi there, did you have the op in the end? i'm worried about pain and difficulty walking too - does anyone know if this is common? is it reduced if the stretching exercises are done regularly?

wow! can you please tell me your pre and post op measurements? my calves look so heavy that i never wear dresses unless with trousers or leggings and skirts have to end below my calf or i try to avoid standing where people will be able to see my ugly legs. i am slim elsewhere but this problem really affects what i can wear.